Quick find code: 49-50-252-59241445

Serene End
Jul Member 2020

Serene End

Posts: 5,834 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"“Don't be a dork”
Ah hah, repeated!"

Get used to it. xD

Anyway, yeah... there are a lot of things I still need to work on as a writer. But regardless, I will be waiting for your outlook on Part 2. Just get there when you can! Also:

"I don’t know anything about Final Fantasy."

You don't ever want to know. Just imagine a very overrated thing and put it into a video game series. Also include a very biased and obsessive fanbase and there you go.

Anyway, thanks again for your time and effort. It's appreciated. But for now, guten Tag!

…,.»·•º°°º•·«.,…,.•*´¨¨†hë ènd îš ønlÿ †hè ßègïnnïng,…,„.«•*¨`*•.,..
The end
is only
the beginning...

12-Aug-2013 15:32:39 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2013 15:39:14 by Serene End

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I’ve not been too well, I still have a lack of sleep and hot days at work. It can get up to forty degrees Celsius in the mill (which is about 90 degrees Fahrenheit). Especially when you have to work between the dryers (giant ovens with big steel doors all over the sides), you literally start sweating all over your body within a few seconds. Summer does not bode well for an old mill.

I said, "The chapter title “A Dance with Death” has been used more than once by you,"

No, I don't have a chapter title like that anywhere else. I checked. Though, looking back -- I made some rather silly chapter titles*
Hunh, but I felt so sure I read a chapter title like that somewhere else, maybe in another story of yours, or maybe it just seems to me. I did type the feedback late at night.

I like preserving things in their original so I can go back and be like “wow, that was bad.”
Ah, I’ve been there before many times. Save that, as a perfectionist, I simply cannot stand idle and I often change things. But then I start thinking to myself if I just want to hide my flaws, but then I try to say to myself it’s just being productive!

Thinking about Balor, I do agree that love can make people do things beyond one’s personality. Although I did offer some heavy criticisms here and there, I figure that Balor has more character and thought-provocation than many other stereotypes of evil emperors I read or seen elsewhere. I tend to be anti-authority, a strong bias I should soften up a little more.

Oh, why did I confess my imagination with mind-control... Yes, it’s horrible.

Ah, so the posts of your fans suggested the truth about fangirls. Strangely enough, I was on YouTube, listening to bands like Devourment, Slayer (RIP Jeff Hanneman) and Dying Fetus, and I recall seeing this video’s thumbnail image with the title “Final Fantasy Angry Rant” (or something like that) and there’s this guy standing beside a computer graphic image of a half-stark cartoony woman.

13-Aug-2013 00:57:02 - Last edited on 13-Aug-2013 00:57:24 by Azigarath

Azigarath

Azigarath

It’s like every game nowadays needs to have anime-esque half-stark women, which really is nothing more than eye candy for testosterone-filled preteens eager to spend money (even RuneScape fell into that). YouTube adds have a lot of it, too. Last night, I was YouTubing the Fable 1 soundtrack and noticed in another thumbnail about this half-stark woman holding an odd machete-like weapon with a seven-foot blade in one hand. I was irritated.

Well, I suppose I am guilty in a few things about that to some extent. I do recall in Hot Tension I depict living gargoyles, three female gargoyles who do not wear much clothes, as their culture is primitive (I planned them to be modeled after the Olmecs but that didn't work). There is another race of living gargoyle-like beings of medieval era knowledge, which are equipped with armour and weapons, though.

But yeah, I should be able to get through Part 2 by this weekend at the latest.

Actually, it turns out I had nothing to do today, so I read through part 2 and just finished. I made my last critique longer.

OK, here’s part two. Abaddon has returned and there is chaos. Bandits are driven off and a guy buys a sword.

“Not even paying attention, the bandit is impale by his own battleaxe right between the eyes. That goes to show you how important it is to pay attention to everything, especially during a battle to the death.”
Agreed!

“One of the Albalis made a rock spear.”
Makes a spear just like that? Did*’t see that coming, with people being killed and all.

“Sendor punches a hole into the Albali's chest, then rips out the soldier's heart.”
If he can do that, thrust his fingers through the ribcage and such, why bother having a sword? He could just grab blades, pull them aside and rip people apart like Grendel (who in myth could rip people apart).

13-Aug-2013 00:57:10 - Last edited on 13-Aug-2013 11:51:28 by Azigarath

Azigarath

Azigarath

Wigwam/Seph’s bio’s last name, Bowditch, I read incorrectly :@ The combat intents of the bios are a bit off.

“The innocent blood is washed away by the falling rain.”
Blood is thicker than water, so it’d just make bloody water.

“Several white stone rocks rise from the ground and are hurled Joshua's way. Joshua swings his sword at the rocks and breaks them into bits.”
He’d have to swing the sword pretty fast to break apart several stones. I guess Abaddon couldn’t do better than magically throwing rocks even though he can kill people with special powers at will. It seems he needs to be alive for Abaddon to find the elixir.

Nyx appears before Sarah and scares her.

Joshua says, “And you took the job as an Assassin Hunter?” in regards to Sarah not wanting to harm people despite being an Assassin Hunter. This line stands out to some extent, I suppose it should put at least one thing I liked within dialogue. So far, I find Nyx to be my preferred character. Gotta be positive once in a while, but I would tell her to grow up.

Sarah loses friends and family as potential allies.

“Dark blue fur covered his body, and his eyes glowed yellow. After about sixteen seconds of transforming, his metamorphosis was complete.”
A blue werewolf? What is this blasphemy. Well, during those sixteen seconds, couldn’t Joshua take advantage?

“He charged at Joshua and slashed his deadly right claw at him.”
In this regard, the werewolf’s arms could be lopped off with upward slashes.

“Lakos was right in-front of Joshua when a radiant light blanketed him, blinding the werewolf's sensitive eyes.”
Well, I suppose Joshua could have grabbed a handful of sand and throw it into the werewolf’s face. Not that he’d do it, but hey, if werewolves were real, I’d consider it.

Is the beginning of chapter 10 a reference to the previous post about a thrown spear? If so, that’s awesome.

13-Aug-2013 11:51:59

Azigarath

Azigarath

The boy burning is actually Nyx.

Random Kate says, “GASP! Nyx knows Earth Bending!?!”, you reply, “You're JUST realizing this?”
This Earth Bending did not cross my mind. I don’t even know what it is.

The Ringmaster makes a joke about his performance.

Page 62, first post, sixth clause,
“She noticed that the right arm of this man did not seem to be there, like it was gone.”
Not sure what this is trying to say :/

“”You're wicked! Killing me?! I've done nothing wrong!”

“Killing innocent people for just their money isn't wrong?”

“Absolutely not!!**
Tsss, lol, oh that Ringmaster.

Oh hey, it’s Cozmic when he still used to be an Fmod.

The werewolf creeping onto the city when Ba’al appeared must be... darn, I forgot his name, I think it was Lokar or something like that.

“Amg, I am SO glad Jagex change RuneScape into what it is now. RSC is terrible.”
Well, I still like RSC.

Flashback about the past; Ba’al’s father was killed by falling timbers/masonry.

“His enemy quickly drew her blade and cuts a vertical line across to block the fire.”
Well, I’m pretty sure the flame would go passed the sword anyways, at least the heat would still burn.

Nyx dies, but then it would have been a good time to teleport away. Well, her arm being cut off was good though.

“But the vampyre saw this coming, and with all her might swings her rapier. The hit was so strong that Sarah's blade shattered into hundreds of pieces.”
But rapiers are thin, flexible swords. And swords can’t really shatter to that extent, if they’re brittle they crack across at an angle through the blade and shatter at a few spots. Rapiers were primarily thrusting weapons, you wouldn’t really swing them. Swords aren’t clubs after all. Aw well, oh well.

Brothers fight.

Nyx turns out to be alive, with lots of bandages.

13-Aug-2013 11:52:30

Azigarath

Azigarath

““All mortals that enter my land shall be destroyed.” the dragon replied. His mouth unmoving while speaking those words.”
Then how did he vocalise the words?

“(kinda like Captain Hook's coat from Peter Pan)”
Did*’t see that coming.

“The flail's blade cuts through the throat of the vampyre, cutting the flesh in a straight line.”
Gwah? Flails don’t have blades.

Oo, a Crimson Christmas. A few bios get in the way.

Sarah dies, but is resurrected.

Janak is alive?

Salomon dies.

“Murder is never right, and a murderer is always wrongful. That's what I've always been told. But what if the murderer...was me? Is it right to take a life to save a life? Is it moral to kill, to commit murder, so other innocent lives can run lively? I've never been one for trick questions like that. But no matter how much I ran from the question in my life, I would be forced to ask it again.”
This somewhat follows my suggesting during my previous critique, but I felt this statement would have been better put into dialogue rather than after building up the scene and emotion.

Then there’s this thing depicting mourners, and it feels awfully familiar.

Whoa, at the end of page 100, there’s like a gazillion hidden posts. That must have been the spammer I read about.

Chapter 24 appears on page 104, I almost missed it.

The elixir has almost been reached!

Lev dies, which was about time, he was annoying.

Hello Rave N Rage!

Well, I’m pretty sure my first two reviews were tougher than Areno’s. Hey, you even got a Jmod to post!

Ba’al kills Abaddon, with his own trademark.

“When Marcello's fist made contact with Abaddon's elbow, it bent unnaturally. It bent like a bow, and all you hear were cracks of broken bones.*
That’s a good one, stands out, I never read anything like that before.

“axe handle” can be helve or shaft.

13-Aug-2013 11:53:09 - Last edited on 13-Aug-2013 11:58:18 by Azigarath

Azigarath

Azigarath

“”You just apologize for everything, don't you? Even if it isn't your fault.””
Ha, I recall a student in college/university who was like that, overly apologetic, even when nothing wrong was done.

“Laros acknowledged the order by a vicious bark, his saliva drooling down to the moist dirt.”
I seem to have completely forgotten who Laros is, but I’m guessing he’s a werewolf. I like werewolves, I think they’re cool.

Lakos is defeated.

“As Darien looked around, he saw the sharp broken pipe above.”
Somewhat a convenience for that pipe to be there, especially with the vampire directly beneath it. Oh well, a vampire being killed by a pipe down the head is something new to me at least.

Oh, Lakos is not dead.

“”What...the hell...?” he said.

“Yeah, that's what I said." replied Marcello.”
Ha, good one.

Marcello reappears and stabs Abaddon, who probably should have not spent ten seconds staring.

Abaddon is defeated, and his scythe will turn into a shard.

What, no epilogue? Oh well, I’ll read the FAQ anyways.

Yes, Logan’s sword is perhaps a bit too large. You really don’t need a blade that big to kill someone, even a dagger poked through someone’s skull will kill them.

I guess Ba’al was just a fail.

Jammerflex does sound like an exercise machine.

A lot of names after the FAQ.

What’s RTS?

I also dislike rap and hip-hop, but I can listen to horrorcore once in a while.

And a little self-humour at the end.

Well, part 2 was like part 1 in terms of the effectiveness of dialogue and character reaction, rather silly at times, and the dragon’s talking was quite ineffective and repetitive. Nonetheless, the chapters 20 and up were good, superior to everything prior, so although there were many things I was complaining about in my head, the last several chapters are much better and evident of improvements just about everywhere.

13-Aug-2013 11:53:36

Azigarath

Azigarath

My usual complains would be the improper fighting (it was almost as if characters took turns hurting each other), backflips and people sent flying perhaps too far through the air. If I recall correctly, David is described hurled 100 feet into the air but this is probably a fun exaggeration, but I shouldn’t repeat what I already said about in my first two reviews.

So that that’s, I read all your stories up to this point. It’s almost four AM where I live, so I spent at least six hours going through Part 2 yet it feels like half an hour. Time sure flies when you don’t focus on what you dislike very much.

I clearly noticed that your fans were very emotional and loyal, often typing their own little versions of this and that; you motivated them to an extent that they felt like part of your stories. Now that it comes to mind, I suppose it doesn’t really matter what critics say but rather how much fans love a work of art, no one can criticize the love artists have.

For final thoughts, I did criticize you for repetition and recreation, but thinking about everything, your stories are consistent in storytelling and have climaxes and endings that are appropriately formed, delivering what a story of this nature has to offer.

13-Aug-2013 11:53:50

Azigarath

Azigarath

Well, I suppose that’s all then. All I can suggest is to work on protagonist-like villains/antagonists, spice up the combat if you wish (You can YouTube search Shastar Vidiya for really good presentations about various forms of combat up to thousands of years old), have a little extra care in dialogue and sudden emotion for character reaction, and simply continue pouring love into the art. I also failed to mention that, although I disliked the unoriginality here and there, I forgot to realise that there is still only one Serene End.

Hunh, I was quite busy for a while, now I’ll have nothing to do. I did mention on the SD I would focus on the minor stories still alive, I should do that tomorrow or so. Well, without anything more to say, I guess this all finalises with a serene end, heehee.

13-Aug-2013 11:53:57

Serene End
Jul Member 2020

Serene End

Posts: 5,834 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hate to have to read that. =/ I do hope you get better sometime soon. Your workplace sounds quite harsh, which reminds me a lot of my brother's. I loathe Summer and all things warm! I really cannot wait for Autumn and Winter. Though recently, Summer hasn't been too bad where I live. We've been getting cold front after cold front, but I still can't wait for colder weather. But anyway!

"Hunh, but I felt so sure I read a chapter title like that somewhere else, maybe in another story of yours, or maybe it just seems to me."

Maybe it might be true. xD I am after all quite terrible at reading. I might pass something that is entirely wrong in all sense of the word.

"Ah, I’ve been there before many times. Save that, as a perfectionist, I simply cannot stand idle and I often change things. But then I start thinking to myself if I just want to hide my flaws, but then I try to say to myself it’s just being productive!"

To some respect, I understand that. :P I do correct things, mostly plot issues and stuff like that. But I don't know. As much as I try to, I simply cannot change my past work. It's just too... precious I guess is what I'm looking for. As you can tell, I'm pretty terrible at letting go. xD

It's all right, dood. xD Sometimes, you just can't help it.

Oh, yeah. You see that a lot nowadays. Especially in most RPGs (both JRPGs and WRPGs.) But moreover, a certain video game series that it absolutely seems like that's what it's going for. It is a fighter called SoulCalibur. Now, I've seen games with scarcely-clothed women... then you see the character Ivy from SC and you can't say she's not there for that exact reason.

But yeah, that's how it goes now. Everything is jumping on the gender-appeal boat -- even television commercials. Some just do it a little bit more than others, especially in video games. And what's more sad is that it's actually working!
The end
is only
the beginning...

14-Aug-2013 14:41:50 - Last edited on 14-Aug-2013 16:09:47 by Serene End

Quick find code: 49-50-252-59241445 Back to Top