Forums

Crimson

Quick find code: 49-50-252-59241445

[#XJG4QTEXR]

[#XJG4QTEXR]

Posts: 818 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also I just noticed, I have posted n this thread much more about my own thread rather than yours. Sorry about that crap! There was one question on this story. Why is Baal evil? Isn't he part of a peaceful village of demons? If he simply betrayed them and became the crimson reaper, than why did he do so?

10-Dec-2009 02:25:23

Serene End
Jul Member 2020

Serene End

Posts: 5,834 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chapter 17: Enter the Darkness

Shadow was around them. A smothered shroud of darkness and black was before them, leaving swords without their blades. An earthquake of thunder erupts in the darkening sky. The heavens above began to cry, pouring down a rain like cats and dogs. Logan knells down and looks at the armour of those that have departed from this land.

He notices something odd about it. It puzzled him. Why would such people come to this place? Logan looks back at the others. "There's definitely something here." stated Logan.

Darien rushed over. "How do you know?" he asked, curious to what it is that Logan spoke about.

"This armour belongs to a band of Assassins." he points out the areas of where he confirmed this. Symbols were all over the plate. One of the symbols looked like a scythe with roots all around it. "You can easily tell that by the symbols all over the upper plate. They're symbols of Ba'al. The very symbols that those Assassins made to stand as Ba'al 's soldiers."

"So, there's something that can set people on fire?"

Logan shook his head. "It could be something much, much worse." the knight stood to his feet. "Orpheus Draco."

"We need to get moving." Marcello stated. The elf and the knight rejoin the group and they steadily approach the thick shield of darkness. Closer and closer. Even more closer. The world around them grew shaded. They finally fully entered the wall of shadows. They step across pieces of armour of those that fought during the attack on this place all those years ago.

Black skulls crossed their paths. And the church that once stood before them, blanketing the world of Morytania from the eyes of the ignorant people who were unable to understand true fear, was gone. Only ruins of it's once glorious walls were left standing, and even that was being to crumble.
The end
is only
the beginning...

10-Dec-2009 02:27:52

Serene End
Jul Member 2020

Serene End

All of the graves were covered in black. And the rain that poured over their heads were black droplets as well. The darkness was absolutely blinding, many were unable to see in-front of them. This land was truly forsaken, but maybe just by the living. They steadily climb down the hill, and the statue of Saradomin that was once next to them was gone, taken of it's head.

Whispers of life filled the air, and cold blasts of air chilled down the living. The group approached Canifis, a city once taken by Werewolves. There was nobody. The buildings were torn down, the streets were covered in blood, the remaining wood had claw marks all over them, and dead bodies surrounded the living.

The group were able to hear swords collide with claw. Hear growls and howls of the werewolves. And hear cries of pain and suffering. The sound flooded the air around them. Their bodies shivered with wintry freeze. They were able to see their warm breath against the frozen darkness of the air. They heard screams of "Die Werewolf!" being shouted around.

Literally, the area around them was a battlefield only reserved for the dead.

They continued forward, passing black caped corpses and armour along the way. They exited the city and enter the Haunted Woods. All the swampy water was dried up, and all the hollow trees were withered and dead. They walked through the Haunted Woods without a problem. They drew ever closer to Meiyerditch. A half an hour later, they were on the path to Mort'ton.

When they arrive at the city, they hear a thunder of footsteps. An tidal wave of earth quaking footsteps, possibly from something big. They hear cries of begging. "P-please! D-don't kill me!" the man cried. The group hid where one of the swampy water pool once was, they see a armoured older man and a dragon.

He was on his knees before this dragon. His armour was cracked in several places, a shoulder plate was missing. He had dried up blood on his face. "P-please! I-I don't wanna die!" he continued to cry.
The end
is only
the beginning...

10-Dec-2009 02:32:10

Serene End
Jul Member 2020

Serene End

The dragon had glowing red eyes so bright that it pierced the foggy darkness. The dragon was about the size of a King Black Dragon, and only had one head. Dark like fog came off of his body when he moved. He has large black spikes on his back and two curved horns on his head. His teeth were ferocious. And he had a symbol of a hourglass with a line going vertically straight across it. In the middle of the hourglass was a circle. This symbol was within a large circle. This was on his forehead.

"All mortals that enter my land shall be destroyed." the dragon replied. His mouth unmoving while speaking those words.

"No-NO! PLEASE!!" The dragon shoots out a black foggy flame. The older man screams when this flame engulfed him. After about ten seconds, the flame disappears. What was left of the man was his armour now covered in black and his skeleton, also covered in black. The dragon glances over to the area where the group is. "Reveal yourselves, mortals." demanded the dragon.

"This is not good." mumbled Logan.

"What are we to do?" whispered Sarah.

"Kill it." quickly replied Marcello. He draws his Saradomin Sword and stood to his feet. Open to the dragon to see.

"Ah, I see. So you are the only mortal among your group to be as reckless as to reveal yourself to me." stated the dragon. "I admire your courage."

"You were the one who called us out, right?"

"Do you intend to harm me, mortal?"

Marcello glances down upon his sword. He looks back at the dragon straight a moment later. "That depends."

"On what circumstances?"

"If you attack, I'll attack. If you make a threat, I'll attack. If you attack my comrades, I'll attack. If you stay at peace, I'll withdraw my arms. Sounds simple enough, right?"

"Do you intend on recovering the Orb of Darkness?"

Marcello shook his head. "No."
The end
is only
the beginning...

10-Dec-2009 02:35:48

Serene End
Jul Member 2020

Serene End

Logan's head shoots straight up at Marcello. "Why did you lie!? He can-"

"Must you be so foolish as to lie to an all-knowing dragon?" the dragon sighed. "If you aspired to claim that which does not belong to you then you must be purged from this land."

All of the group jump to their feet and draw their arms. They prepare themselves for a great battle against a dragon that could easily kill them. This could very well be their final fight.

Meanwhile, back at Varrock. Salomon was approaching the prison with several guards around him. Down the stairs he and his soldiers went. His men opened the door into the prison for him. He entered the prison halls by himself. The door slams behind him. All the prisoners glance at him and began cursing his name out. Emotionless and unresponsive, he approached a certain cell.

A heavily guarded cell was his destination. The guards glances upon their emperor and place their hand on the handle of the prison door, slowly opening it agape. The light hits the face of the prisoner inside, bounded by magic enchanted chain making him unable to move. Salomon walked into the cell with a lit torch in his hand. The door into the cell slowly closed behind the emperor.

"So Ba'al." said the emperor. "Ready to talk?"

The room went silent for a moment. Until the eyes of Ba'al glanced upon the emperor's green eyes. "Whatever you try, you will not get the pass-word from me." replied Ba'al.

Salomon giggled. He seemed amused by Ba'al. His arm still covered by bandages. "You fool, you believe you can endure the punishment. But I know your breaking point.." the emperor knells down to make straight eye contact with Ba'al. "And I WILL exploit it."

He shook his head in disagreement. "Do not do it."
The end
is only
the beginning...

10-Dec-2009 02:39:20

Serene End
Jul Member 2020

Serene End

A smile grew to the corners of Salomon's cheeks. "Oh, you know me." Salomon stood to his feet. "I would never do such a dreadful deed." his voice sounded rather sarcastic. He turns his back and walks away. He places his hand upon the handle of the prison door. But he looks back at Ba'al. "There's still time Ba'al. You can still repent your sins and join us."

He glares up at Salomon. "I will join you when I send you to hell."

Salomon sighed. "Very well." he opens the cell door. The same shine of radiant light hits Ba'al 's face. Salomon exits the room but keeps looking back at Ba'al while leaving. His eyes filled with disappointment and grief. The door slams shut, leaving Ba'al by himself.

The End of Chapter 17
Next Chapter,
Chapter 18: At the Gates of Meiyerditch

Thank you for reading, I appreciate it. ^_^

~Serene End

P.S: Well, I want to avoid any sort of spoil. He became the Crimson Reaper at the age of 14 when he found the Scythe of Verità in Salomon's room. The scythe 'called' to him which is how Ba'al was able to find it. He believed Salomon was the one responsible for the La Caccia di Wicked massacre. Of course, nobody believes him as Salomon is the most trusted man among the kingdom. And he became the Crimson Reaper and an Assassin for that reason. Many other people who were scarred by the same event joined with Ba'al, which created the Assassins. He goes after vengeance, but I think most people would believe he wants Salomon dead for a greater purpose. ;)

During a bonus chapter I have in mind will explain a tad bit of background information regarding that part of the story. How it happened. Why Campbell treats Marcello so rudely. Etc. etc.

P.S.S: Amg! I just noticed we passed TWIF 2's first year anniversary! Wow am I an idiot. O_o

P.S.S.S: Thanks for your support on my rant Insane. XD
The end
is only
the beginning...

10-Dec-2009 02:40:47 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2009 14:18:25 by Serene End

Quick find code: 49-50-252-59241445 Back to Top