Forums

The Cursed Dragon: Part 3

Quick find code: 49-50-172-40573885

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We've come a long way from Port Phasmatys. It was a long time ago that Kaisen received the egg of the silver dragon and the incredible quest that went with it. But so far, he and his friend Saren have successfully carried it across RuneScape, and made friends in Kalda the dwarf and Zorrath the elf. The fates of these four, as well as that of the Dark Lord Agaben will intertwine in a spectacular event that will change history on RuneScape: the great war between Saradomin and Zamorak!
It is always hard to close the door on a story you have been working on for so long, but this story will end here. This is the finale of the Cursed Dragon Trilogy, and I hope that you will find it an effective ending.
If you are new the the trilogy, I suggest you read the first two installments:
The Cursed Dragon: Part 1 49-50-11-36883974
The Cursed Dragon: Part 2 49-50-606-37452171
And so read on, and I hope you enjoy what you will find...
Announcement: This story has been ranked number 27 in the Collection
Table of Contents
Prologue: Burning Towers
Chapter 1: A Dream of the Dragon
Chapter 2: A Legend Reborn
Chapter 3: The Might of the Dragon
Chapter 4: Master Lydius
Chapter 5: The Command of Kaisen
Chapter 6: The Darkness Lifted
Chapter 7: The Druids of Taverley
Chapter 8: The Seige
Chapter 9: The Mighty One and His Dragon
Chapter 10: King of the Dragons
Chapter 11: A Hero's Death
Epilogue: Skies of Silver
Here we go. Welcome to the world of RuneScape.

12-Mar-2007 02:11:55 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2008 17:08:28 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

--------Prologue: Burning Towers----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It happened thirty years before. All that happened was because of one elf's actions. If that elf had been like the others, and had not deviated from their course, the war could have been avoided. The conflict between Saradomin and Zamorak was tipped to its breaking point by one man, who was at the Tower of Ama'Daar in his childhood.
The tower was on fire. The Saradominists had raided everything. All the men were being killed.
A woman ran through the dark tunnels, carrying her child. The young boy was crying. He was dressed in red blankets, symbolizing the power of Zamorak, the god they worshipped.
The whole tower was full of Zamorakans. That was why the Saradominists were killing everyone. Just then, the door burst open, and the woman was killed by an arrow.
In the doorway stood three figures. Two elves and a human.

12-Mar-2007 02:24:59

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

One of the elves was named Aardi (the father of the current elf-king). The human was King Vallance of Falador. The other elf was Aisarn, who had no idea the repercussions of his actions.
As Aardi raised his bow, Aisarn stopped him. "Do not kill him. He is just a boy."
Aardi looked at him skeptically. "You mean you want me to spare a Zamorakan?"
"He is a child!"
Vallance spoke up, "I agree with Aardi. We should not have pity on a Zamorakan."
The arguement continued. Eventually, they were all thrown out of the room by an unseen force. They never knew it, and Aardi blamed it on Aisarn and disgraced his name when they returned home, but it was the force of Zamorak around the boy. Zamorak would not allow the boy to die. The boy was Agaben, soon to be the great Dark Lord of Zamorak.

12-Mar-2007 02:36:11

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

In the present day, the events in the Tower are all but forgotten. The kingdom of Asgarnia lives on in the countenance of Saradomin, under a protection their god provides. But there is something evil brewing in the Wilderness.
Sir Amik Varze walked into the meeting room, where many high-ranking Temple Knights were already seated around a conference table. Sir Tiffy Cashien stood to greet him. "Sir Amik, greetings."
Varze grunted and sat down. Things were not going well.
"As you are aware of, the army of Zamorak in the north is mobilizing. It is only a matter of time before they launch a full-scale invasion on Falador. We must act!"
"And how do you suggest we act?" Varze asked bitterly.
"We could enlist the population of Falador-"
"Oh, just be quiet. You know as well as I do that Agaben's army outnumbers us three to one, and most of them are demons. Beyond that, there are rumors that he has resurrected something legendary, something that no one can defeat. The point is, we're in a dying city. The moment Agaben decides to invade will be the end of the Temple Knights. Simple as that."

13-Mar-2007 02:58:31

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

"We can't just wait for death!"
Varze shook his head. "I am doing something about this. Perhaps our only chance."
The general scoffed. "Yes, the great Sir Amik Varze is placing our hopes for victory on a young mage, a dwarf girl, and a Temple Knight that failed every task in his rookie years. I'd say we have a great chance."
"We're done here!" Varze said angrily as he rose and walked out of the room. "I've got business with Vallance."
Amik Varze walked out onto the balcony walkway to the upstairs floors of the castle. Then, something caught his eye. It was the guard station tower on top of Ice Mountain. Except that it was not silent in the early morning sky. It was on fire.
The red flames jumped from the top, and the fiery tendrils consumed the structure. Varze knew what was going on. "Agaben," he whispered fearfully under his breath. He dashed back into the meeting room, the weight of the news breaking him into pieces. The invasion of Asgarnia had begun.

13-Mar-2007 03:11:57

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

-----Chapter One: A Dream of the Dragon--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The upstairs corridor of the castle of Falador was silent and dark in the night, with only a small torch giving light. The hallway was undisturbed by the events of the night, and neither was the small room adjacent, the only door in the corridor.
Sir Amik Varze walked down the corridor, coming to a stop at the solitary door. He was carrying a tray of the finest food he could bring, the nourishment fit for a king.
And that was who would receive it. Sir Amik Varze was going to bring the dinner to King Vallance, the lost king of Falador. His existance was now a secret. Ever since that fateful day thirty years before, the king had been out of his mind. He persisted that everything be silver. He worshipped the silver dragon. The White Knights decided that this was unhealthy, that he adored the silver dragon more than Saradomin, and they labeled him mad.

14-Mar-2007 21:25:58

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Amik Varze pushed open the door and entered the bedchamber. Vallance's serene eyes gazed upon him as he passed through the threshold.
"I had another dream," he said to the knight.
Amik Varze grunted. He had other things to worry about.
"I've brought you your dinner," Varze said as he laid the tray by the king's side.
Vallance smiled. "It was marvelous. I was free again, and everyone thought I was great. I was riding the silver dragon, away into the rising sun. It showered Falador with glitter, and everyone was happy."
Varze looked skeptically at Vallance. The King had a way of having weird dreams. As he looked into his eyes, however, he saw a silver film over the eyeball itself.
Amik Varze excused himself and turned to leave the room, when Vallance shuddered. "It is here," he said mystically.
"What?"
"It has risen. That which we thought no more has returned, bringing death to all of the people in the world. From the fires of hate is born a creature from the underworld, ready to devour the armies in its opposition."
Vallance fainted. Later he would have no memory of what had happened. But Varze would. He would never forget Vallance's vision, or his warning.

17-Mar-2007 04:19:33

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

--------Chapter Two: A Legend Reborn------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Wilderness was quiet and dark, the shadows of its evil inhabitants passing along its blackened soil. The field was filled with demons, all preparing, mobilizing for battle. The invasion of Asgarnia was coming.
Agaben walked onto the balcony overlooking the field, observing his army. It was sufficient to overcome Falador, he was sure of it. The assembly of demons and Black Knights was massive, far more than the Temple Knights could bring together.
Then, Agaben shouted, "SILENCE!" Immediately the assembly was quiet. "Now then, as you all know, we are soon to invade the land of the filthy Saradominists. Our victory is all but assured, now that we have this."
He beckoned to the sky behind him. Out of the shadowy sky came a giant black dragon. The creature was massive, and it had three fierce heads budding from its body. It had been thought dead for centuries, but it was here, very much alive.
"Please welcome the King Black Dragon," Agaben announced, and there was no doubt in any of their minds that Falador was as good as dead.

17-Mar-2007 04:26:59

Quick find code: 49-50-172-40573885 Back to Top