Forums

^+^ Onslaught ^+^

Quick find code: 49-50-10-62349822

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
“There is,” the Shroud said as he stood up and closed the tome. “You see, this Brotherhood of yours worships these ‘Flayers’ in a way. They believe that they can use that coffin to resurrect a King, and by extension, a god of the Flayers. In the past they’ve been the most active around the same time that the beastmen who attacked Ukrosha were at the peak of their activities, and that pattern has held true in every record I could find of their existence.”

“Then just how long has this been going on?” Rovin asked as he stood up to meet the Shroud’s ‘gaze’. Though the mage’s face was covered by his thick red hood, Rovin could somehow feel the mage’s pain as his voice dripped with fear and sorrow.

“It’s…been too long,” the Shroud said as he visibly began to grow shaky. “I can’t even say how long, truth be told. But know this: each and every time this Brotherhood of yours has become as active as they’ve been recently, they’ve grown closer and closer to success in their goals. So the reason why that ‘young woman’ as you called her was turned into a Lunar Vampire? Well, take a guess.”

The Shroud began to pace around the room as Rovin thought over the mage’s words. “So if the Lunar Vampires were used to fight against the Doomhounds in the God Wars, you fear that they’re coming back? And that this time the Brotherhood might actually win and bring Flayers back to the world?”

“Yes,” the Shroud said in a loud, angry voice. “So tell me captain, what’s worse? Seeing a young girl who volunteered for an illegal operation turned into a monster to fight against other monsters? Or outright extinction?”

“So let’s say you’re right about this,” Rovin said. “Why haven’t you told anyone? The Council of this world would surely take notice of such things.”
^+^ Antediluvian of the Draculesti Bloodline ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

16-Jan-2014 02:11:02

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
“The Council is no more,” the Shroud said solemnly, much to Rovin’s surprise. “And even if they weren’t, the Brotherhood excels at intrigue and espionage. They can easily operate out in the open, or in the cover of shadow. Or both, if they chose to.”

“Then what about the Iraxian Crows?” Rovin asked. “They’re still active, and this seems like the sort of thing they were formed to fight against.”

“I know full well of the Crows, and mark my words,” the Shroud replied. “Their plans are just as detrimental to the world as the Brotherhood, albeit unintentionally. I’m afraid we have no one to trust save our Lord and his allies.”

“And what do your Lord and his buddies propose we do?”

The Shroud turned around and looked at Rovin. The captain kept his composure under the mage’s concealed gaze, even as the mage began to utter words that he had hoped would never be spoken in his lifetime.

“If this Brotherhood intends to return the Flayers to the world, their Returning will inevitably start another God Wars,” the red garbed mage said. “And this time it won’t be Gods against Gods, but Gods and Mortals joining forces to fight against things that were never meant to step foot into our reality. So tell me Captain Rovin, what else can we do but prepare for war?”

“We can try to prevent the war in the first place,” Rovin said.

“I said we could prepare for war, Captain,” the Shroud said. “I didn't say anything about jumping into it right away, though. It wouldn’t be good business to tear apart the realm when other options are available. And if you wish to leave this room alive, you would do well to listen to my proposal. I'm sure you will agree since it's the sort of thing you just suggested.”

Rovin nodded. He didn't like what he heard, and he wasn’t sure if the Shroud was telling the complete truth. But what other choice did he have at that moment?

^+^ The End of Chapter 12 ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

16-Jan-2014 02:11:39 - Last edited on 16-Jan-2014 02:13:42 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Welp, got nothing to say about this one that's all that special. Work on the next chapter is around halfway done atm so maybe I can get one up by February if all goes insanely slow/wrong/whatever like it has been lately. Or I might get it done by the end of the month. It's hard to say right now thanks to a wierd work schedule.

'Til next time and all that.

16-Jan-2014 02:17:51

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Ok, more realistic news this time around.

Next chapter progress: got about 1/3 of it left to write. Progress was lost because of hard drive issues and me being generally picky about how it turned out.

ETA: Near the end of March or beginning of April.

21-Mar-2014 02:31:47 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2014 02:31:57 by A Mad Hatter

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Surprise, surprise, me again, no surprise, dropping by to say I read the newest add.

In the past, I also lost chunks of story. When I was in grade 9, I once lost an entire story, and it was I think 3000 kb long in the text. I am now retyping that long-lost story on Wattpad, a cool website especially for authors (In case I never mentioned it before) where you can upload entire stories within seconds, and let's just say I am glad that my old story is gone those ten years ago or so. Sometimes, it's better to start something all over again.

Well, good luck on your work anyways.

fyi, Azigarath will be ten years old in eleven days, on April 1, of all dates.

21-Mar-2014 04:54:12 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2014 05:09:24 by Azigarath

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

^Hi back to you too. :) I know it's been a while since the last ETA (which is partially my fault tbh, I've had a few things pop up that delayed writing a bit because of my own stupidity/impulsiveness mucking things up x_x ), but writing is still happening. Just...coming along very slowly for the time being.

But I still plan on updating this later in the year. I already have a few (longish) chapters mostly worked out; I'm just waiting for a few days off with nothing going on to finish them up. Which probably won't be happening for a few weeks now >_<

25-Oct-2014 03:55:43

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Alright, just a quick end of year update on the coming chapters.

A) The next chapter is already done. However, my internet's being a whiny jerkass that refuses to work half the time and makes uploading anything longer than 1-2 posts pure hell. So if all goes well, I'll put it up as soon as humanly possible. Possibly on New Year's Eve or Day (my time, not forum time) if I can. But until it gets fixed and in working order, the current ETA for future chapter updates is suspended.

B) The few chapters after the coming update are split between WIP and done. But since I hate posting things out of order for obvious reasons, those will be released as soon as they're done and I'm available to upload. That leads to...

C) I know the past year or so has been light on chapter updates. I'm terribly sorry to keep anyone who's managed to stick with this series to this point hanging like that, so in 2015 my resolution is to finally put this story to end and get going on to other projects in this world. More specifics will be coming as I figure it out, but for now my current plan is to release chapter 13, and the chapters after that may be loaded in groups of 2 or more when the situation permits.

^Speaking of which, note to self: that leaves Chapter 13 and at least 3 more chapters after that for the rest of Phase 2. The story will be wrapped up in Phase 3 once it starts, and I don't plan on it being as long as the other phases if I can help it.

----
Well, that's all I have for now. Once again, I seriously appreciate the few readers who stuck around with this series during the past few years that I've been working on it, and I'm truly sorry that it's taken this long to get things done. Let's hope the new year works out for all of us in the meantime :D

31-Dec-2014 04:53:54

Quick find code: 49-50-10-62349822 Back to Top