Forums

Jake's Journal

Quick find code: 48-49-131-63718065

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

Posts: 815 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After testing the sapphire bracelet method I have reached the conclusion that it is not efficient enough to use to get level 99. My time and effort is not wasted though as the method did carry me to level 81 crafting. I have now turned my attention to urns to seek out a new method, I have found that I can get a healthy amount of xp and a small profit. I am using my clan vex and my tokkul-zo ring to teleport me back and forth from the bank to the crafting guild thus increasing the xp per hour rate. Currently I have been stacking my pendant of crafting with my clan avatars buff and some daily challenges to temporarily excellerate my training. Even when my bonus xp fades I am confident that it shall retain its efficiency. My only fear is that by the time I get 99 divination the prices will change thus rendering this method obsolete. I have been killing frost dragons to earn a bit of cash on the side and I am surprised at how empty it is there.

06-Aug-2013 21:46:25

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

Another day of training crafting and I am fairly happy with it although i'm not 100% certain it's the right method. I have been able to get level 82 crafting today so I have made some nice progress and I only have 126k left until level 83 crafting. I will stick with my current method but just out of curiosity and to make sure I will check to see if there is a better method. I have also been killing some more frost dragons and earned a nice sum of cash. It's been a while since I last reported on the battle of Lumbridge but the situation doesn't really seem to have changed despite new types of soldiers spawning. Saradomin still has an ever increasing lead over Zamorak and I hope this doesn't change when week 4 starts. I hope divination comes out next week although many like myself now think the quest may come out first.

07-Aug-2013 18:53:34

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

I continued train crafting today and finished making decorated cooking urns and so sold the end product. I however did not level crafting up today like I initially planned although I could have. Instead I decided to train ranged by fighting waterfiends which give a substantial amount of xp and crimson charms. This method I believe would be the best method for me to get 99 ranged but I am only doing this until divination is released. The beauty of this is that this method will still be there when I return to it after getting 99 divination. I currently have level 84 ranged with 153k left until level 85 which I will get tomorrow. This method as I already mentioned will provide me with a considerable supply of crimson charms and by the time I get level 99 I may have enough charms to get 99 summoning i'll only need to cash to go and get it. The only issue with this method is I lose life points far faster than I would with melee and so I end up guzzling huge amounts of food very quickly. My solution to this is using a bunyip to stabilise my health drain, it's also a good way to get rid of the huge stockpile of bunyip pouches I have in my bank. On top of this I will use various health replenishing abilities every so often to top up my health. It seems a number of ranged abilities attack multiple targets which provides me with an issue. As by engaging multiple waterfiends at once my life points drain far too quickly for me to regulate. Since re-shuffling my ranged action bar abilities i think i have solved this issue. By moving any abilities that hit multiple targets to the other end of the action bar so i don't accidentally press them. I am currently dual wielding my chaotic crossbow with my off-hand rune crossbow but when it runs out i shall switch back to rune. I am wearing royal dragon hide armour which i shall keep i think.

08-Aug-2013 20:39:30

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

It's been my first full day of training range today and I can gladly say it has been a success. Not only did I get the rest of the xp I needed to get level 85 but I was able to go far beyond that and get level 86 range. I now have 370k left until level 87 which I hope to get tomorrow but I fear I may fall short of it but if I do the penguin hide and seek mini-game I should get it. I have been able to make a fair bit of money from the loot I collected but nothing too special. The new quest is just around the corner I think hopefully it will be released this upcoming week.

09-Aug-2013 21:35:57

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

After my second full day of training range I have successfully reached my target of getting level 87 range. I currently have 413k left until level 88 which I will try and get tomorrow but I don't think I will however if I go do some mini-games my chances will definitely be improved. Fighting waterfiends is definitely the method I shall use for getting 99 range the xp is fantastic and I have gotten loads of charms I just hope that by the time I get 99 range I will have enough charms to get 99 summoning. I think the quest will come out on Monday it looks really good but I wish it was divination.

10-Aug-2013 22:20:47

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

Over the past week or so I have not been as active as I am usually but I have been on to collect divine tears on a daily basis. After training range for a couple of days I concluded that killing waterfiends was the best method for 99 but decided to give it a rest for now. Today divination has been released and everyone everywhere has gathered at various spots across Runescape to train it. I as of now have level 32 divination and I intend on training it from this day onward until I get level 99. I am not racing to 99 as many are but simply taking my time having fun with the new skill. It seems very easy to pick a method as you do the highest level thing you can do which is very different with every other skill un Runescape.

20-Aug-2013 20:24:14

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

After my second day of training I got level 50 divination which is a nice round level to be at. Tomorrow I think i'll hit anywhere from 55 to 60. I am now in the middle of the Karamja jungle at the level 50 training spot. There are very few people here but I think most people are falling between 40-60 the most being at level 40. I would like to move onto the next area before it gets too crowded.

21-Aug-2013 20:27:35

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

I got level 70 divination today at last and am now at Canifis where I shall train until level 80. So far the xp rates have been relatively slow but not as slow as previous skills like slayer, fishing and agility it seems to be right in the middle of the road. A lot of people have been saying the xp rates increase considerably from level 70+ so we shall see.

27-Aug-2013 23:02:33

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

Gielinor has now seen the first person to get level 99 divination that being a player called
Im Choice
since then though a second person has gotten 99 too. Max also has 99 as a announcement was made this morning telling us he had gotten 99. I am still training divination myself and am currently level 73 I will take my time but I hope to be level 80 by the time I go to college when the term starts. Super September is a new event coming next month which will give a variety of different rewards that I am looking forward to. I have updated to first page to make it a lot more easier to read and tell whats 99 and what isn't.

30-Aug-2013 15:46:25

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

Super September has started and I have completed my first task which was to activate 10 portents. I went to the Taverly dungeons and got attacked by a black demon until all 10 portents were activated. I went back to training divination and I am currently level 75 45k away from level 76. It's rather quiet at the level 70 training area I think most have either moved onto the level 80 training area or given up. I have gotten all the rewards for both sides of the battle of Lumbridge so far so I just need to get the tier 3 stuff that is released tomorrow. It looks like Saradomin will win but there is one last trick Zamorak has left to pull hopefully Saradomin will hang in there.

01-Sep-2013 17:34:14

Quick find code: 48-49-131-63718065 Back to Top