Forums

Patch Notes - 02/09

Quick find code: 442-443-36-66118417

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pulselich said :
oh wow! 2 whole months! youd almost think the biannual updates other mmos get was abyssmally slow in comparison.

You don't need to compare Jagex to other MMOs because comparing to Jagex itself shows already how bad the situation is: for years and years, we used to get almost weekly new content for the membership monetization alone. Then, when the MTX monetization came in, under the excuse of "it's going to help us develop even more new content", despite promising more, they started delivering less. The only way you'd accept the current bad situation is if you didn't know about what I just said (in which case now you know), or if you ignored it because you wish to be positive for the sake of being positive. Either way, there's no need for you to worry about Jagex, especially when they don't worry about you in return.

Pulselich said :
if your standards are so damn high there isnt a game developer on the planet that can make them come true you only come off as one hell of an asshole.

If allegedly no game developer "on the planet" could make almost weekly new content, then how come Jagex was able to do that for over a decade? No, the real issue is that too many other players started lowering their standards even though it was completely unnecessary, and Jagex learned to exploit that: first they stopped expecting almost weekly new content, then they grew accustomed to a full month of no content, and now there are people who expect nothing for 2 months, let alone potentially longer than that. All the while Jagex keeps charging more and more money, which doesn't get invested back to the game or the staff working on it, but rather gets paid as dividends to shareholders.
"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

03-Sep-2019 06:52:25

Lampy
May Member 2018

Lampy

Posts: 132 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
im genuinely concerned where the focus will go after mobile is finally released. but to focus an entire week on mobile patches while the current game has an insane list of bugs that have yet to be fixed is very concerning. the absolute majority of us cant even access the beta!

cant update newer player experience if there arent any new players :)

03-Sep-2019 16:44:56

Itnachos11
Nov Member 2016

Itnachos11

Posts: 1,007 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lampy said :
im genuinely concerned where the focus will go after mobile is finally released. but to focus an entire week on mobile patches while the current game has an insane list of bugs that have yet to be fixed is very concerning. the absolute majority of us cant even access the beta!

cant update newer player experience if there arent any new players :)

The fact that many arent in the beta means very little. They want no bugs beforr the game is rrleased, that means fixing bugs while it's in beta.
"Itnachos11" FC is a friends chat for PCing nothing because you're not allowed in.

03-Sep-2019 22:38:21

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Posts: 7,043 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Itnachos11 said :
Sharp-shin said :
Itnachos11 said :
Sharp-shin said :
Well now, you guys didn't lie when you said you traded patch notes in for mobile stuff... question is, why? With all that capital, one'd think that such a trade-in isn't necessary.

imagine having to complain every week because they're not adding tons of new content...imagine thinking that new things have to be added every week, even

We're 8 weeks in a row now without meaningful new content, so how many more weeks are you going to excuse them for?

I'm fine not getting a bunch of new stuff every week. i'm fine with weeks off even. we dont need new stuff all the time.

I disagree, we do need at least 3 meaningful updates a month IMO. Not everything has to be WGS-size of course, but I'd expect, in any month, one quest (can be small or large), some fixes/updates to existing content, and a new minigame/D&D/skill thing/combat thing at least.

I blame that 'scrum' structure; before it was introduced, many more updates were being developed per unit time. :/ Last week's no-update week at least had a bunch of patch notes, this week doesn't. But I am willing to count the Burthorpe/Taverley update as a small update since it's actually quite a big deal for the starting game. But after a drought of almost two months, it's...lacklustre.
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. OSRS: POH ideas & RS3 minigames & achievement ideas !

Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.
— Zanik

04-Sep-2019 08:20:02

Deathman3296
Aug Member 2023

Deathman3296

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After some looking I found the new tree patch in Taverly, but it won't let me pay alain now to watch my tree. He says "I would but there's not any tree patches nearby for me to watch." Anyone else having this issue?

04-Sep-2019 12:42:36 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2019 12:43:51 by Deathman3296

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Posts: 28,499 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deathman3296 said :
After some looking I found the new tree patch in Taverly, but it won't let me pay alain now to watch my tree. He says "I would but there's not any tree patches nearby for me to watch." Anyone else having this issue?

Multiple people are, I would assume it will be fixed with next week's patches.

04-Sep-2019 14:06:45

Quick find code: 442-443-36-66118417 Back to Top