Patch Notes - 03/06

Quick find code: 442-443-23-66103143

Recursion93
Apr Member 2005

Recursion93

Posts: 3,452 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Luchi said :
About combat changes:

Great that you're having a beta for them, but at the same time could you also take a look at PvM integrity? It's currently getting more and more common that players use macros, as they're not getting punished for it (even casually using macros on stream has been a thing for ages). I feel like adding more switching than we already have, on top of the increasing macro-abuse, would honestly do more bad than good for the PvM community as a whole.

Either start being more strict regarding marco-abusing, or flat-out implement a macro interface in-game.

They should just ban the PvMers using macros. It is against the rules and gives players an unfair advantage. You either play fairly or you don't get to play at all. A macro interface is absolutely ridiculous..

03-Jun-2019 12:09:21 - Last edited on 03-Jun-2019 12:17:18 by Recursion93

Recursion93
Apr Member 2005

Recursion93

Draco Burnz said :
1rubytroll said :
Lol you keep ******* combat system even more

Yet you seem to approve of it as you're still here.

Thnx for the patches Jagex :)

Yes, because he could have predicted this beforehand. /s. Also playing a game doesn't necessarily mean you agree with every single part of it.

Now go troll elsewhere Draco..

03-Jun-2019 12:11:53 - Last edited on 03-Jun-2019 12:14:03 by Recursion93

Luchi

Luchi

Posts: 207 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Recursion93 said :
Luchi said :
About combat changes:

Great that you're having a beta for them, but at the same time could you also take a look at PvM integrity? It's currently getting more and more common that players use macros, as they're not getting punished for it (even casually using macros on stream has been a thing for ages). I feel like adding more switching than we already have, on top of the increasing macro-abuse, would honestly do more bad than good for the PvM community as a whole.

Either start being more strict regarding marco-abusing, or flat-out implement a macro interface in-game.

They should just ban the PvMers using macros. It is against the rules and gives players an unfair advantage. You either play fairly or you don't get to play at all. A macro interface is absolutely ridiculous..

Plenty of games have had a macro interface for years, and it's been very successful, but I agree. Just saying that if it's difficult for Jiggy to control (either that or they currently just don't care about it), maybe implementing such macros would be the easier alternative. The community has previously spoken about "equipment macros", such as equiping both dual-wield weapons with one click, for example.

Just looking at it at the moment, changing spells between every ability gives such an advantage, and becomes close to automatic if macroing continues to be closer and closer to meta. (Ice-barraging with autos for the root, and changing to shadow spells when doing the ability for 20% extra damage constantly).

To clarify; while I'm against macros, I'd rather see Jiggy come up with an alternative where they're allowed, than the way it is now, where people abuse them without penalties.
Wanderers#1

Systembolaget

RuneFest '13-'17

03-Jun-2019 12:34:57

Recursion93
Apr Member 2005

Recursion93

Luchi said :
Recursion93 said :
Luchi said :
About combat changes:

I don't care about other games, any form of automation shouldn't be allowed in the game. You should play in the way it's meant to be played. Allowing macros will only serve to create a grey zone, where even bots could argue that it should be allowed to bot because macros are allowed as well.

The rules should be as strictly enforced for macroing as they are for botting, in order for it to be effective. If not, we might as well not have this rule, as it would have no consequences anyways.

Macroing should result in a permanent ban, just as botting does, the PvM community shouldn't think that they stand above the rules for some reason or another.

03-Jun-2019 13:04:44 - Last edited on 03-Jun-2019 13:12:33 by Recursion93

Quick find code: 442-443-23-66103143 Back to Top