Forums

For the Librarian Competition

Quick find code: 42-43-319-65897435

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Kipbrader said :
Cool. Question: if an entry contradicts existing or planned future lore, will it be altered by Jagex or disregarded entirely?

It will depend on how much - we could do either, but unless it is a tony tweak needed it is likely to be disregarded.
Mod MattHe | Former Community Manager, now in Events & occasional Lore Monkey

05-Apr-2017 10:35:30

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Teryn Logain said :
link isn't workin for entry

It is an email address - you need to send an email into that address to submit.

05-Apr-2017 10:36:28

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Pika Link said :
Woo! Should we put our usernames somewhere in the email?

RSNs by preference.

05-Apr-2017 10:37:00

100milallpro
May Member 2020

100milallpro

Posts: 66 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This competition looks awesome, definitely would give it a try.

One question though: Is it okay for the entry to be a monologue with unnamed characters? I'm not that comfortable with thinking of names, plus I think monologues would work nicely with the 250 word limit.

Thanks.

05-Apr-2017 11:24:39

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

100milallpro said :
This competition looks awesome, definitely would give it a try.

One question though: Is it okay for the entry to be a monologue with unnamed characters? I'm not that comfortable with thinking of names, plus I think monologues would work nicely with the 250 word limit.

Thanks.

To quote the OP

Original message details are unavailable.
We would like to invite you to write short texts that we can add to this amazing in-game library; a very rare chance to add content directly to the game. They could be almost anything – a piece of fiction, some undiscovered lore or the ranting prophecies of a dangerous seer. It is up to you to decide.

05-Apr-2017 14:20:46

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kipbrader said :
Cool. Question: if an entry contradicts existing or planned future lore, will it be altered by Jagex or disregarded entirely?

When in doubt, use characters who won't likely effect the plot line ... much.
Such as:
- they knew the famous character and can add a Point of View. While there isn't a date to establish exactly when it happened, you can tell the story. Much like any story telling, it can be taken with a grain of salt, where the PoV could be embellishing it (sort of what Ozan does)
- the character is already dead. again, whatever they might have done, they can't do much now ... because ... well ... they're dead.
- if they were somehow in charge, they were only in charge for 1-2 days. In this case, imagine a pharaoh whose reign lasted 2 days before dying of a mysterious illness (sadly healers couldn't save him from 19 spontaneous stab wounds ... their medical science at the time could only treat 15). they may have passed a law, started a project, or wrote down some words of true wisdom ... but given their short reign, credit could be easily taken by another.
- day in the life story - mundane, but can help tell what life was like for the person or for the region. since it isn't tied to any particular event/moment it could be any day.
- random - journal entry after the person drank one too many beers ...
- something artistic - maybe a character had a secret artistic side and you attribute a poem or song in their hand writing

05-Apr-2017 14:25:37 - Last edited on 05-Apr-2017 14:30:31 by Deltaslug

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Deltaslug said :
Kipbrader said :

When in doubt, use characters who won't likely effect the plot line ... much.
Such as:
- they knew the famous character and can add a Point of View. While there isn't a date to establish exactly when it happened, you can tell the story. Much like any story telling, it can be taken with a grain of salt, where the PoV could be embellishing it (sort of what Ozan does)
- the character is already dead. again, whatever they might have done, they can't do much now ... because ... well ... they're dead.
- if they were somehow in charge, they were only in charge for 1-2 days. In this case, imagine a pharaoh whose reign lasted 2 days before dying of a mysterious illness (sadly healers couldn't save him from 19 spontaneous stab wounds ... their medical science at the time could only treat 15). they may have passed a law, started a project, or wrote down some words of true wisdom ... but given their short reign, credit could be easily taken by another.
- day in the life story - mundane, but can help tell what life was like for the person or for the region. since it isn't tied to any particular event/moment it could be any day.
- random - journal entry after the person drank one too many beers ...
- something artistic - maybe a character had a secret artistic side and you attribute a poem or song in their hand writing

Yep - all good suggestions.

05-Apr-2017 15:05:21

FlyingBlind

FlyingBlind

Posts: 507 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please let me know if the letters I and a will be considered words. May seem like a dumb question but I dont want to go over. Unless a few words over isnt a going to affect me much. I want
Brains
, I want
liver
Moan Mix
Moan Mix
please Deliver!

05-Apr-2017 19:50:28

Quick find code: 42-43-319-65897435 Back to Top