Forums

For the Librarian Competition

Quick find code: 42-43-319-65897435

Shudzaki

Shudzaki

Posts: 82 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Once there was a great library of all wisdom in a far southern city long forgotten. And yea verily though the hot dry winds drove through the streets and alleys of the sun-baked metropolis, its architects put a pool of water below the buildings, and the paper all rotted after a decade or two. The End.

03-Apr-2017 23:18:47

Penny Drakis

Penny Drakis

Posts: 789 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ah, shoot, I was excited because I am in the middle of writing something epic, but then I saw the 250 word limit.

BURN THE LIBRARY DOWN! THEY REJECTED MY BEAUTIFUL MANUSCRIPT WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AT IT!
Humility is self-destruction, pride is the destruction of all else. And He said, "
Let there be light.
"
And then there were none .

04-Apr-2017 01:43:23

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Scaper Maji said :
I have a question: What format is expected for our submission? Are you expecting the text to be all in the email? Is the intention that the subject will be the title of our work and the body of the email will be the actual submission? Or is this submission for the competition a text file where the file name is the title and the contents are the submission?

It would be easier to be in the body of the email, yes. Subject should make it clear this is an entry for the Librarian competition. I would expect the title of the piece within the email.
Mod MattHe | Former Community Manager, now in Events & occasional Lore Monkey

04-Apr-2017 07:49:26

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Quael said :
Here's my question, It says upto 250 words, can I add more than 250? if so is there a limit?

Submissions should be 250 words or less. Adding multiple 250's together to make a chaptered text would not be accepted, no.

04-Apr-2017 07:50:26

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Anemeethious said :
How many entries can we submit?

You can submit more than one entry but it is highly unlikely any player will get more than one text into the library.

04-Apr-2017 08:00:34

BloodyMage69

BloodyMage69

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create...life. He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about...from dying. He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power...which, eventually of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death...but not himself."

04-Apr-2017 13:19:05

Green Cafe

Green Cafe

Posts: 7,473 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
BloodyMage69 said :
"Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create...life. He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about...from dying. He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power...which, eventually of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death...but not himself."

You should submit it by email so they can see it and good luck!
Click here Pest Control fc
Click here Count to 10 Before a CH V7

04-Apr-2017 21:44:43

Quick find code: 42-43-319-65897435 Back to Top