Forums

my alt has been hijacked?

Quick find code: 408-409-921-66289142

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dempeanut said :
i made another password reset reguest with more details
It is obvious that you aren't the owner of the accounts' registered email address otherwise said password reset was already send to you and granted after finishing.

So there's more ... there's more to this than meets the eye' ...

30-Oct-2023 08:22:06

Dempeanut
Jul Member 2019

Dempeanut

Posts: 50 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really Dont care what random says. Not sure why you even have to comment when you know nothing about it. Why else you think they would lock the account if they think im just making stories here? yeah right thats good logic.

30-Oct-2023 16:55:50

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi again
Dempeanut

I have had a reply to flag I did on the white chest account:

The JMod has locked the account so the hijacker is no longer able to use it.
In regard to your recovery attempts, the JMod said you should submit your recovery from a network/device that you regularly played the account from. They said there is quite a bit of information on the account that can be used to prove ownership.
They also refer you to the Account recovery denied support page for some tips about recovery.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

30-Oct-2023 23:48:12

Dempeanut
Jul Member 2019

Dempeanut

i have upgraded my pc from that time. But the network is old if thats the case just check my network its been this for years. I no longer have the old old pc's from early 2000s since those werent even mine (my parents pc) but i still own the pc that i used to play osrs on my alt to almost max it out. So all i have to do is recovery from my oldest pc? or are you asking that creation pc?

31-Oct-2023 16:50:57

Dempeanut
Jul Member 2019

Dempeanut

i would like to continue playing the game since it has been my daily routine for years. I have dropped alot dupes from the iron such as tbow, tumeken, 5x scythes and etc (not even counting all others mega rares from friends that we split) and before g.e i used to merch to gather up wealth using zybez website. Dont have other accounts so theres like no need to lie about anything really unless someone is accusing me for something like rwt. I kept all the "extra" gp on white chest for bond money and split with friends. The game is dogshit without friends and solo play style aint my thing. Its been 10 years since i started osrs from the beginning. I even remember there was like 250k votepoll for botting system or what so ever. If u can check from 2018-2023 ive been splitting with same guys for proof. It just feels shit to lose 13b to hacker that obv sold it im sure of it.

01-Nov-2023 17:16:41

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In-game activity cannot be submitted as proof of account ownership.
2 reasons why:
1. it's too easy for a hijacker to also gain some in-game activity and try to use it to take the account off the owner
2. the account owner may have been v-logging or recording their game progress and it is now on the public record

However, the major reason that in-game activity cannot be used is because Jagex can't check whether it happened or not .
They can see logins but they can't see what the account did in-game as item trades and detailed account activity is only saved for 60 days.

The only completely pure record of ownership is the creation information and information from the early days of the account.
This is what is needed and is what is used by Jagex when checking a recovery.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

07-Nov-2023 22:08:48 - Last edited on 07-Nov-2023 22:09:25 by Malua

Quick find code: 408-409-921-66289142 Back to Top