Forums

my alt has been hijacked?

Quick find code: 408-409-921-66289142

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ahh...Hotmail.... No wonder you weren't receiving the recovery replies. :P

Your hotmail email is not a good choice for a RuneScape account. You will have to stick with submitting the Gmail email for your recovery forms but mention the hotmail email in the Other Comments box.

You need to focus on the information asked in the first few boxes on the form. Every box up until the questions about the recovery answers.

Recovery Answers:
You need to give some indication you know what recovery answers you set as it really will help your case.
If you "usually just made up the answers" that is not good at all. :(
Recoveries were meant to be questions and answers so memorable you would know the answers your whole life long. They were set just for a situation like you are in now, to help you prove that the account is yours.
If you set answers like keyboard spam or the same answer in every box or just number answers, say so.
Example answers:
* "I set keyboard spam answers"
* "All answers are exactly the same"
* "All answers are numbers"

See those above examples. You aren't telling them the answers but you ARE telling them you know what you set! This helps to prove that the account is yours.

It sounds like you created a number of RuneScape accounts back when you were young. This will complicate things as you could start to mix up information between your accounts.

How has the hijacker been able to keep you out of your RS account?
They need access to the email to be able to change the password to keep you out.
They are going to need access to your email to remove Authenticator.
Would you assume the hijacker has gained access to your hotmail email? Have you changed the password to your email?
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

26-Oct-2023 08:03:23

Dempeanut
Jul Member 2019

Dempeanut

Posts: 50 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Still denies it. Whatever i do it wont go through. I dont remember exact date i created or which internet i did use to create it since i didnt pay the bills and if i cared enough hans npc allways would tell it. I put the password first that i had for longest. Yeah i understand how it sounds and yes i did create a few accounts. Only reason i even use alt is for me to be able to split with my friends and play more chill on ironman while doing pvm like raids, nex and stuff. Atm is just 0 motivation because cant do sht without my split money. Theres just no reason to lie when proof is clear. I have done shit ton work to earn the bank on my alt. I pay membership on that and split thats it. My main account is this and i dont have many dupes because drop traded to alt.

26-Oct-2023 16:47:14

Dempeanut
Jul Member 2019

Dempeanut

theres literally no more info to give i have given you more then enough to proof. Cant say this account security is good in runescape its more like terrible. Email has been hijacked for sure and account stolen. I even gave you what the recovery answers could be but no still denied.

26-Oct-2023 18:55:38

Dempeanut
Jul Member 2019

Dempeanut

Thanks thats good to hear but i think the gp is already been either rwt or swapped to another account unless the guy thinks he can keep it forever. I can 100% say that he cant proof anything that he have levelled anything else than those 3 skills that are left from 99s. I already lost my motivation to play until i get my alt and bank back. I started straight away osrs when it launched and herbs didnt have even names. All the hard work that i put in, i hope justice will be served.

28-Oct-2023 01:52:45

Dempeanut
Jul Member 2019

Dempeanut

Just thinking what now because i already tried everything. Gave all details of my life and it got denied like 10x. Without any help from jmods the account is good as gone. Hacker who took it started playing on it that i would never do since my ironman is prio 1. It has been 2200+ total for years because i did take a break and started ironman. And for the record my ironman and alt used to have about same name for while until i realised iron in the name only makes people to crash you.

28-Oct-2023 02:08:39

Dempeanut
Jul Member 2019

Dempeanut

I appreciate the help but still not sure if im gonna continue playing. Without the alt it just doesnt feel the same. Hopefully someday the account security is alot better than what it used to be. I dont even know how the hijack was possible for the email when i only used runelite and not clicked any phishing links what so ever.

28-Oct-2023 16:23:34

Quick find code: 408-409-921-66289142 Back to Top