Forums

Optional Randoms & Goblins

Quick find code: 380-381-95-65476061

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
High Chief A said :
Does this not mean that bots can now freely bot without interruption at all? just thought the bots were installed to distract low-tech bots...

No-one uses low-tech bots these days. Mod Weath's not been using random event outcomes to help him detect bots for months, if ever.

11-Sep-2014 11:29:36

Rittz
Oct Member 2022

Rittz

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
Rittz said :
If i wasnt a married man i would entertain the thought of kissing you...

Thank goodness for marriage.

Rude =P . Okay one last question, is there anything in the works to removing f2p so that i can turn my private on without being spammed by gold sellers? or if f2p is staying, anything being done to prevent how bad the spam is getting now days? Turned my private on for 5 mins earlier and recieved 13 msgs.

11-Sep-2014 11:30:03 - Last edited on 11-Sep-2014 11:31:54 by Rittz

alch you

alch you

Posts: 284 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
Rittz said :
Hey ash can i ask you a question, might seem dumb but i even posted it on the dev blog. Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde was left off the main page and was never corrected or updated, does that mean he was un affected by the update or just overlooked?

We missed him off the blog, but I updated him like the other randoms like the Genie and Drunken Dwarf anyway.

So Jekyll will turn up shouting for your attention. If you talk to him, he'll ask for a herb, like before. If you don't talk to him, he'll eventually go away without trying to hurt anyone.

would entering a bank to grab herbs like cadantines cause him to disappear?

11-Sep-2014 11:31:41

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Rittz said :
Rude =P . Okay one last question, is there anything in the works to removing f2p so that i can turn my private on without being spammed by gold sellers?

The F2P trial system seems to be working quite effectively at guiding new players into the community and encouraging them to subscribe. We're not planning to remove it.

11-Sep-2014 11:32:47

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

alch you said :
would entering a bank to grab herbs like cadantines cause him to disappear?

I'm afraid so. Mind you, he wouldn't follow you very far anyway, so for this to work, you'd have had to get the Jekyll event fairly near to a bank while you're in the mood to break your activity to run into the bank and withdraw stuff for him.

11-Sep-2014 11:34:18

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

High Chief A said :
so what can we, as subscribers expect to be done about the bots?

Mod Weath is constantly refining new ways to detect them, monitor their trades and apply bans, like he's been doing already. Random events weren't helping with this, so their removal won't make things worse.

11-Sep-2014 11:41:10

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Mini Aurelia said :
My actions are still interrupted if a random event occurs. Is this intentional?

It's as non-interrupting as we can get it. The NPCs no longer close interfaces or interrupt actions when they shout, which some did before.

11-Sep-2014 11:52:54

Quick find code: 380-381-95-65476061 Back to Top