Forums

DevBlog: Corporeal Beast Drops

Quick find code: 380-381-94-65474689

Mod Ronan

Mod Ronan

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user

Corporeal Beast Drops

Corporeal Beast has been a talking point among Old School players for some time now. With the boss essentially completed the discussions have moved towards what Corporeal Beast will drop.

We have talked to players about this and gathered a lot of feedback. The overall response has been phenomenal and has proven just how passionate many Old School players are when it comes to Corporeal Beast. This blog will go over the conclusion we have come to and what we are proposing for Corporeal Beast drops.

Signature drops

The Divine, Elysian, Spectral and Arcane sigils were the main draw for Corporeal Beast killers back when the boss was originally released and many Old School players have been asking to see them return along with the spirit shields that they were forged into.

Based on the feedback that we have received over the past months, we would like to offer the spirit shields as they were. Alongside this, we would like to offer the option to re-balance the Divine spirit shield.

The Spirit Shields

The spirit shields are the shields created from the sigils dropped by the Corporeal Beast. They are created by attaching a sigil to a blessed spirit shield (also obtained by killing Corp) which will require 85 smithing and 90 prayer.

These shields are incredibly strong but keep in mind that they are coming from a boss that, if released, will be the strongest boss in the game.

Spectral Spirit Shield

• Stab attack: 0
  • Slash attack: 0
  • Crush attack: 0
  • Magic attack: 0
  • Range attack: 0

• Stab defence: +53
  • Slash defence: +55
  • Crush defence: +73
  • Magic defence: +30
  • Range defence: +52

• Prayer: +3

Arcane spirit shield

• Magic attack: +20

• Stab defence: +53
  • Slash defence: +55
  • Crush defence: +73
  • Magic defence: +2
  • Range defence: +52

Elysian spirit shield

• Stab defence: +63
  • Slash defence: +65
  • Crush defence: +75
  • Range defence: +57

Special effect : The Elysian spirit shield has a 70% chance of reducing the damage you receive by 25%.

Divine spirit shield

• Stab defence: +63
  • Slash defence: +65
  • Crush defence: +75
  • Range defence: +57

Special effect : The Divine spirit shield has a 100% chance of reducing the damage you receive by 30%. Your prayer points are drained for 50% of any damage that is negated.

The reworked Divine

The reworked Divine spirit shield that we will be offering alongside the original will have the damage reduction effect lowered to 25% . This is the only difference between the original and the reworked Divine.

This is only a slight change but along with the lack of beasts of burden to carry prayer potions the shield should be well balanced for Old School. Players able to get their hands on the high end shields will have to choose between the free damage reduction of the Elysian shield and the guarantee of the damage reduction from the Divine at the cost of their prayer points.

Other drops

We would like to offer Corporeal Beast with his old drop table in tact. We will be able to gather further feedback on this tomorrow as Mod Ronan will be killing 1,000 Corporeal Beasts at 9pm BST over on the RuneScape Twitch.tv channel . The boss will have the old drop table with everything at the same rarity (including sigils)!

We are looking forward to seeing what you have to say on the subject of Corp and invite any and all comments below (or anywhere else you can get a hold of us).

Mods Alfred, Ash, John C, Mat K, Reach, Ronan & Weath
The Old School Team

@JagexRonan

09-Sep-2014 11:42:40 - Last edited on 09-Sep-2014 17:05:52 by Mod Ronan

Kim
Sep Member 2009

Kim

Posts: 4,221 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
tbh am i not worried about the effect the shields are having, i am more worried about "only richkid are able to afford them"

I have always liked their effects for boss fights, but they were overpriced, maybe reduce the drop rate?

I would like him to keep his own old drop table aswell, it did be nice to keep that part of him.
What are you, a concerned beaver?

09-Sep-2014 11:50:05 - Last edited on 09-Sep-2014 12:01:03 by Kim

N o z
Nov Member 2023

N o z

Posts: 929 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not an OSRS player, but oh boy.. this is gonna be awesome for you guys!

And the prices of the shields will be TRULY WORTH to kill corporeal beast!

800-1b oh boooyy....

Hope this poll passes for you people! :D

09-Sep-2014 11:58:24

Setosorcerer
Feb Member 2013

Setosorcerer

Posts: 1,519 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can't wait for corp even though I can't do it. I think it will help motivate people to max out for the hardest boss ever for end game content. Would be interesting to see how people kill it without overloads, turmoil or summoning :D

Corp hype!

09-Sep-2014 11:58:39

Skiller
Dec Member 2017

Skiller

Posts: 210 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
This is going to be awesome!

~
Rogie
~

I'd like to see the old drops and spirit shields, as well as some form of Corporeal Beast (or Dark Core as Ronan suggested) pet.

The only problem I can see people having with the more powerful shields is PvP situations, though with PvM I feel the stats should be kept the same.

Drop-tables wise - You should switch Elysian and Divine as previously Elysian was made the rarest sigil as it was thought to be the best of the four, of which Divine ended up being and so it should be the rarest with Elysian below it. (Take this opportunity now to fix it if it's released as is).

Oh also Deaths - How will these work? Instant appearance of items on the ground could result in more looters than killers but a minute to return (give or take and dependent on lair location) could be OP? It's up for debate I guess but I'd like to have a small grace period upon death but at the same time I don't - I'd like to see discussion on this topic.

Reworked Shields - I'd say keep them the same as they were before, there's not much reason to change them and IMO it worked well the way they were, as said above the only issues I can see is with PvP. PvM'ers will pay top dollar for these shields and for good reason, please keep it that way.

~
Rogie
~

~
~
Road To Max OldSchool
~
~
~
Infernal Max Cape owner
~
~ #15 Trimmed Completionist |