Forums

Wilderness Changes

Quick find code: 380-381-735-66220069

Boaki Pro
May Member 2022

Boaki Pro

Posts: 15,717 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As an active pker, these changes concern me and I cannot help but feel like this is history repeating itself. The wilderness activity seems to be quite dead as it is and I feel like these changes will only contribute to the demise of the clanning/pking community. You only need to look on Youtbe/Twitch to see that the players with top viewers/following are pkers - mainly single pkers which these updates would impact the most.

Please can you have a serious think about the impact the updates will cause prior to implementing them? It would have a knock on effect to the whole game and would most likely lead to many more pkers quitting the game - not what we need considering how dead the wilderness appears to be.

All for the things you've listed - closing the gates in the wildy for instance is a skill and tactic that goes back years and is done to secure a kill. It also promotes team work. Similar tricks are carried out in PvM and skilling. Stop making the game boring & easy.

This is seriously disappointing and not update we were hoping for!

The Steamers who have stated they are 'happy' with this do not represent the community. Please engage with community instead.

Edit:
Doesn't it make more sense to move the clue locations & bosses, etc from the wilderness rather then ruin it for everyone? That way, there's no reason for people who aren't going there for PvP to step over the ditch?

24-Jun-2021 15:44:00 - Last edited on 24-Jun-2021 16:13:28 by Boaki Pro

Vikinged

Vikinged

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So you've chosen to fuck singles clans in the ass whilst also proposing to make no changes for multi clans. All you're promoting is the wilderness for people doing clue scrolls, or for solo pkers that like to stream. Congrats you excelled yourself in that one! This is why you DO NOT leave the people who know your game best out of the conversation by holding private meetings in content creator/jmod discords. Invited the people who have led the teams and been around the community for YEARS, their voice speaks loudest but you put it on MUTE for this blog. Absolutely pathetic once again.

24-Jun-2021 15:50:24

Humiliation

Humiliation

An absolute shocker from Jagex. After the Multi-rev cave update and now this they'll officially kill the wilderness for good. Moved away completely from being a MMORPG which made this game so successful. Who on earth thought these proposed changes were remotely good enough?

Piss poor

24-Jun-2021 15:53:06

BRONZEMAN 2

BRONZEMAN 2

It's fine though guys because all 7 of the streamers that were in their private discord voice chat were happy!!!!!!!

This blog is literally aimed to make anti pvp clue scroll hunters feel safe in the a pvp area! What is the point! I'd rather you just removed wildy steps from clue scrolls do I don't have to hear these noobs cry every time I take their spade from them so you can make some proper fucking changes to the wilderness.

This is a dogshit attempt jagex, try again!

24-Jun-2021 15:57:07

Dest

Dest

Posts: 672 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not a good look. No feedback was taken by anybody other than streamers who PK at the GE. Effectively you have killed singles pking with this forced update. You want to revive PvP but are telling the loyal playerbase that Pks everyday to quit the game. No time was put into improving Multi-Combat or Clanning but rather it was just destroying an already functioning part of the game. The wilderness and its NPC's all serve a purpose and there is always a strategy to escape when necessary. By saying that all NPC's can't be used as a means of escape truly kills the strategy and ever changing risk levels through the wildy.

FYI: I have not stepped into the Rev Caves ever since Singles+ | PJ timer has been added since I believe it is such an unnatural form of Pking.
¸,•º´`º•,¸.....¸•°•,....
Maxed
....,•°•¸.....¸,•º´`º•,¸

`º•;¸¸,•º´
Playdead
|
Legacy 07
`º•,¸¸;•º´

24-Jun-2021 16:06:14 - Last edited on 24-Jun-2021 16:08:22 by Dest

Quick find code: 380-381-735-66220069 Back to Top