Forums

Wilderness Changes

Quick find code: 380-381-735-66220069

Boaki Pro
May Member 2022

Boaki Pro

Posts: 15,717 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
These so called Streamers are probably agreeing with them to stay in favour - it happens all of the time in business. They will soon feel it when no one is watching their videos due to quitting the game.. Again

Whoever signs off on this update, and is alternately responsible for losing X amount of players will have to answer to The Carlyle Group.

I recommend that you engage with the community rather then these Steamers - they do not represent us.

24-Jun-2021 16:06:48 - Last edited on 24-Jun-2021 16:11:08 by Boaki Pro

UBT

UBT

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well done jagex, completely ignore multi pkers and ruin it for single pkers all because some pvmer wants to escape and keep his spade.
You are changing a mechanic thats been in the game since release, why change it now? Oh thats right, all the snowflake "content creators" and "stream pkers" are complaining about it.
Do everyone a favour and actually talk to all the multi and single clans and get their opinion, alot of us actually have ideas that would bring more players into the wilderness.

Also skull tricking isnt a problem, the problem is that people are still dumb enough to fall for something thats been happening since the game was released.

24-Jun-2021 16:09:54

Soup Season
Mar Member 2023

Soup Season

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Overall I think most of these changes are excellent and long overdue so great job, here's what I have some issues with though:

The changes proposed to the slayer cave are completely underwhelming when you compare them to the rev caves buff. Rev caves are already better money and you're going to make them 50% more loot. If I'm training slayer and you want me to risk doing my slayer tasks in deep wilderness, multi combat I'd need serious incentive to do so, the proposed changes for this area fall way short in my opinion. I do like the superior version of monsters etc. but it just needs to be more to get people to take that risk. Multi pking with a team of friends used to be fun and a good way for getting less skilled players into pking.

Again the revs changes are positive and I look forward to them but I miss the community aspect of multi pking with friends and think the slayer caves need huge buffs to make them viable content.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

24-Jun-2021 16:29:59

WildyPoacher

WildyPoacher

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Almost all of these changes look awesome! Nice work. However, I do not see anything in this post that would improve or incentivize skilling in the wilderness. I created a new thread about this today but I'll paste it below. This could be an awesome addition that could revitalize the wildy for all types of players:

Everyone I talk to seems to agree that the wilderness agility arena needs an update to make it relevant for players willing to risk going out there. This used to be one of the best agility courses in the game so bringing it back would be exciting and nostalgic! There is opportunity here to make it an exciting skilling and pking hotspot.

At the same time, there may be an opportunity to make other forms of skilling in the wilderness more attractive too. If the incentives are right on both sides, we could also draw more pkers out there and create new pking and skilling niches.

With the introduction of a wilderness-only skilling outfit, we can accomplish this. While woodcutting, mining, fishing, or training agility, we should have a chance to discover pieces of this skilling outfit which would have all the benefits of graceful while in the wilderness, but also give a +50% exp boost to these skills when using the full set. 50% is my best guess on a balanced incentive, but please share your best guess if that seems off. On death in the wilderness, this set is always broken and temporarily lost. It drops for 25k coins per piece, rewarding your killer. It can be reclaimed from an NPC who collects it on your behalf for 25K coins per piece.

Another skilling incentive: If a skilling pet is earned while in the wilderness, a special black/ghostly wildy-only recolor option could become available to a player.

Overall, this would incentivize normal players to enter the wildy and train there while opening up new pking niches for those not particularly skilled at pking.

24-Jun-2021 17:19:53 - Last edited on 24-Jun-2021 17:20:28 by WildyPoacher

P K 3 R S
Mar Member 2018

P K 3 R S

Posts: 80 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The streamers you just made happy, will not be happy when the wilderness is completely dead.

You've slowly killed multi pking, teamwork, clan pking which is the majority of what PKers enjoy.

Now you are planning to kill single pking and teams who single pk. Typically these players know they aren't as good as some streamers or people who pk daily hence why they pk with a team to try and gain a small advantage.

You are basically left with only single+ pkers, which is very few of the player base in the community because the game is dominated by very few and is obviously skill based which takes extended time periods to learn. This also leaves very few opportunities for the new player base to learn and grow.

All we needed was improved rewards in the wilderness for the normal player base, bring players into the wilderness multi and singles. It's really not that complicated.

Great job, way to think this through.

24-Jun-2021 18:03:48

Quick find code: 380-381-735-66220069 Back to Top