Forums

Wilderness Changes

Quick find code: 380-381-735-66220069

Faly
Mar Member 2015

Faly

Posts: 34 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've said this before and I'll say it again... super simple solution to this problem that will please everyone:

>Gear has different stats in PVP than in PVM.

Example: so when fighting another player, Dhin's Bulwark has no magic defense. When fighting a monster, it does. I don't know why MMOs never do this.

The simple fact is that trying to balance a single set of gear stats for multiple gameplay modes will NEVER be optimal for ANY of them.

----
Now, I have not looked at the RS codebase. It may be simply impossible to do this without ripping out the old system hundreds of layers down and replacing it - I don't know. But it always baffles me that this option is never even considered, even in MMOs that already have a system in place for gear stat scaling.

01-Jul-2021 05:00:45

Sunda0wner1
Aug Member 2011

Sunda0wner1

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
About the equipment rebalancing:

Pures can wear black dragonhide chaps so it makes a lot of sense to make blessed chaps 1 defence. But what about the coif and boots?

The boots are worse than ranger boots which are available at 1def.
The coif is worse than a robin hat which is available at 1def.

This change could als make up for the reduced prayer on the twisted bow, which was a bad idea.

01-Jul-2021 08:24:08

Great Dragon

Great Dragon

Posts: 2,967 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you really expect
someone to be able and willing to sit down, and read that
ENTIRE
massive
wall of random, unorganised wall of text
and understand everything thats going on, all in one sitting?

Or, do you expect people to read that massive oversized wall of text multiple times to understand whats going on? your jamming like
200 things into 1 post
, its
sickening
alright, its
sickening
, theres no way anyone on earth sat down and read that whole post and was like alright, i get whats going on and I like it.. its almost as if your cramming in so many things at once that, that you literally expect nobody to sit down and actually read all the fine print, and its
sickening

I tried to paste that post into a word counter on google, and there are over, 5,088 words, and 29,555 characters.... that would take an average person from 20-35 minutes to sit down and read.... did you even ATTEMPT to trim it down a bit, or think about breaking it up into multiple posts? what the heck is going on in osrs lately its almost as if some people from the eoc team joined the osrs team and is trying to completely crash the economy on purpose to get back at us or something, and its
sickening
taxes for the church, taxes for the mayor taxes for the sherrif, taxes for the king... its a wonder there is anything left to eat,
does it look like i've struck gold here?

02-Jul-2021 05:35:51 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2021 05:43:21 by Great Dragon

Great Dragon

Great Dragon

Posts: 2,967 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
YOU said:
As a solo player who likes PVP thank you for the proposed changes!! and for staying strong while these sweaty ass singles clans bitch and moan that their unfair way of playing is over. Screw them. If the wildy was fair and you werent scared that 15 people in ancestral are going to log in on you as soon as you kill someone it would be a much more enjoyable place.

Also thank you for not polling these because we all know a lot of crap would be voted no, since this is now a PVM game ( but has a good chance to change to pvp with proposed updates)

singles plus is cool too but the pj timer and keys are the changes im most excited about.

Great job on this proposal jagex, stay strong, you guys know what you need to do to fix the wild, I can feel it from reading your replies on the osrs update post.

My response:
------
1) WHERE do you think all the pkers, would even get any of thier armor and weapons in the FIRST PLACE if there was no pvm, since you hate pvm so much that you would rather this turn into a pvp dominate game. where would all these pkers even GET the armor and weapons they pk with, if not for pvmers. So i'll let that roll around in your brain for a minute... lmao
2) you said, and i quote "Also thank you for not polling these because we all know a lot of crap would be voted no" where do i even.. begin... with this... osrs was PROMISED no update would come into the game unless it was voted on by the players, for the players. and yet here you stand, completely against the fundamentals of why the game was even brought back in the first place as osrs, to avoid another eoc type update

Just get rid of all polls because its clear when You guys want something, you put it into the game, or take it away, Stop giving people false hope, stop telling people THIER VOICE MATTERS when clearly it does not matter. if you poll SOME THINGS and then make OTHER THINGS come into the game with no poll, it completely defeats the purpose.
taxes for the church, taxes for the mayor taxes for the sherrif, taxes for the king... its a wonder there is anything left to eat,
does it look like i've struck gold here?

02-Jul-2021 05:52:14 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2021 05:58:18 by Great Dragon

makeyoufly
Jan Member 2021

makeyoufly

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For the wildernesses changes, I would suggest make it more dangerous for pkers. For anyone with a pk skull, they cannot teleport or get out of the wildernesses unless they lose their pk skull and the timer do not count when in combat, but they can still teleport within the wildernesses. This should only apply above lvl10 wildernesses, so there need to be a barrier around lvl10. Below this barrier, everything in wildernesses is the same as before. In addition, replace the weak monsters with stronger ones and make them always aggressive. Makeyoufly

02-Jul-2021 20:48:09

Ismokerugs
Apr Member 2020

Ismokerugs

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I’ve played runescape since 2005 and am still a noob, but what if to make pvp more satisfying and less risky, you have a system where you dont drop any items on death in normal worlds in the wild, but you drop 10%(x) of the total wealth of items equipped and in the inventory upon death. Item cache is sent to somewhere where you must pay back the 10%(x) of the value that was dropped on death in order to retrieve the items. You could still have 3 item saved and 4 with prayer, all items taxed if skulled. Pvp worlds would still function to how they do now, but shoot some content that is unique to wilderness but only available in pvp worlds too.

I dont really go to the wilderness because most of the time it is a bunch of try hards multi fighting one person or just a try hard solo. Im not that fond of pvp, especially the wilderness for that reason, but i would travel into it much more frequently if there was a much more streamlined and clean way to ensure i dont lose everything i have. This idea could be tuned to drop flat amounts of gp as well instead of a percentage based amount, but I guarantee pvp would thrive and be much more fun without having to risk x amount of hours grinding to replace high end items, i also wouldnt mind getting stomped if i didnt have to lose almost every item i have.

I know alot of people didnt like the pvm wild when pvp was taken out, but it made it much more open to explore and do tasks and other things. If you had pvm worlds too, where there was no pvp mechanics allowed. Idk just thinking about stuff, since it seems like the current state isnt very popular because of how much things people exploit and use cheap tactics to fight others.

03-Jul-2021 03:06:30 - Last edited on 03-Jul-2021 03:16:42 by Ismokerugs

NDR
Mar Member 2024

NDR

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think when the Revenant Boss spawns, it should be too hard to solo with a normal Rev setup and it should turn the entire cave into Multi-Combat INSTANTLY with a message similar to, "The air feels cool and full of evil, as if everyone is against you." When it dies, it could say, "You feel warm and safer now." The chat box could update every 3 seconds to tell you if you feel cooler/warmer until you're at the boss and it's extremely cold. There should also be a higher chance of it dropping one of those artifacts to cash in, but a rare chance to spawn. This would probably cause a lot of PvP.

A rare spawn, wandering Rev world boss would be cool too. It could wander the entire cave with a 1/100 chance to spawn every hour. Guaranteed 1 of the artifacts to drop, 10 rev drops, chance of pet. ALSO a chance of an untradeable, "Revenant Cape." This would be the special loot. It would be 1/100. Which while in the wilderness ONLY(not pvp worlds) and against other players, gives the same power and abilities of an infernal cape, mage arena 2 cape, and Avas assembler but again, ONLY in the wilderness and ONLY against other players. It is kept on death no matter where you are, but a 500k charge to repair it if lost past 20 wild & not +1. All these things could be altered, but the idea and drops I think are great! :) It would allow for not having to bring a cape switch for hybrid's that don't mind risking an extra 500k if lost.
For this world boss, it would also turn the area into multi-combat. It would require a team effort to kill. Everyone who does at least 100 damage to the boss(it would have a load of health) would get a "Corrupted Fractal." This could be saved up to purchase untradeable pvp/wilderness food/pots/supplies and corrupted variants of good armor (bandos/arma/etc..) which only holds stats inside the wilderness. If lost on death, turns into 50% of corrupted fractals required to purchase it.

06-Jul-2021 00:21:45 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2021 00:29:52 by NDR

eeL ecurB
Mar Member 2024

eeL ecurB

Posts: 22 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Its crazy to see people actualy dont wan this. Its usualy the ones that cant fight alone. Its single combat area so it should be for a fair 1v1 fight. I dont play this game anymore just because i cant pk alone.
Its a good idea to go trough with specific worlds where single clans have old mechanics. But we defenitely need a pj timer. Back in 2009 it was really fun to pk all across pvp worlds where these mechanics were in place, that is if you were a decent pker.

08-Jul-2021 15:54:41

Quick find code: 380-381-735-66220069 Back to Top