Forums

Two-factor Authentication

Quick find code: 380-381-62-65435576

Hexic

Hexic

Posts: 413 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Honestly, this is one of the best security update that's ever been introduced to RS.

I see so many people on social media complaining about being hacked, but when asked if they had the two factor authentication installed, they say no...
It's such a simple yet secure process and I'm sure it saves billions of GP's every day :D

Thanks for the extra security Jagex, keep it up.

Hexic

13-Aug-2019 06:48:01

killasmoker

killasmoker

Posts: 33 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you guys kind of suck. why is this a requirement for the dungeon of security. I've been playing this game for over 10 years without account issues because I'm not retarded and then you make me jump through these stupid hurdles just to complete varracks achievement diaries.

17-Sep-2019 03:26:52

Zombi100254

Zombi100254

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You guys could be a little more descriptive with text for what apps can be utilized for this. I tried 3 different QR code scanners and kept getting weird nonfunctional links. Currently it just gives a vague "works with many industry-standard code generator apps".
I'm playing on PC and have never used such an application before. I think it would be a little more helpful to people in similar situations to just flat out verbally state "Google Authenticator".
And I'm still having trouble. There's a 4 minute difference between the clock on my computer and the one on my phone and I always use a VPN on my pc. Are either of these causing the problem?
The only reason I'm doing this at all if for the Fighting Boots and at this point it doesn't even seem worth it. Why not just send a code via text like a normal business? Why make us jump through these hoops?
Update: After tinkering with the time on my computer, your system still says that the code is wrong. Does it have to be accurate down to the second? Windows 10 doesn't even have that option. I give up.

19-Jan-2020 19:55:15 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2020 20:11:52 by Zombi100254

Pappy Zambo

Pappy Zambo

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This pertains to the OSRS App on my Android phone.

I just enabled 2 factor authentication on my account, closed the mobile app, logged in anew and tried, once again, to claim the prizes on floors 2 and 3 of Stronghold of Security. I tried twice. It still give me the message to return when I have enabled two-factor authentication.

I'm almost certain there is something I need to do differently. I doubt it's broken.

-I completed the steps listed for enabling two-factor authentication.
-Ireceived the green message box confirming it is now enabled.
-I restarted my phone.
-I closed the app and restarted it, logging in again.
-I tried both floor 3 and floor 4 of Stronghold of Security.

What did I leave out or do wrong?
"Never lick the fuzzy side of the lollipop" ~The Candy Man

18-Mar-2020 18:15:53

Quick find code: 380-381-62-65435576 Back to Top