Forums

Two-factor Authentication

Quick find code: 380-381-62-65435576

xNILE

xNILE

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I got hacked a year ago and lost around 8m worth of items such and the same thing happened a month ago, I lost 11m. So I set up the authenticator and it works well. I can't change my password because it sends and email to my old email that I forgot the password to and can't recover it. But what if the hacker logs into my account and presses the trust for 30 days option when they enter in my user and password? Would they still get in

30-Sep-2016 13:04:07

Bigg Papa 65
Jul Member 2020

Bigg Papa 65

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a new cell phone and I want to re-authenticate my authenticator with my account. How do I do this? I tried to disable my authenticator but it kept telling me that the link was expired. After I tried a couple of more times, it temporarily disabled me from trying. Jagex, this is really frustrating. HELP! Bigg Papa 65

31-Mar-2017 22:09:04

buttpkr

buttpkr

Posts: 22 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bigg Papa 65 said :
I have a new cell phone and I want to re-authenticate my authenticator with my account. How do I do this? I tried to disable my authenticator but it kept telling me that the link was expired. After I tried a couple of more times, it temporarily disabled me from trying. Jagex, this is really frustrating. HELP!

this is a great reason why I have no use for a cell phone.
having one that doesnt work because something odd messed it up and you can not call anyone to find out why.
you cant call support if it dont work.
i might use it once or twice a year and wouldnt know if the phone was working

22-Apr-2017 23:45:20

Daddy Delta

Daddy Delta

Posts: 644 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i added an authenticator to my main account a few years back when it was released as an option. since then ive sold that phone that had the authenticator on it. so am i just out of my Rs3 and os acc? i also dont have access to the email i set it up with because facebook deleted their email service. and i never had an opportunity to set a back up email...
Treat Others As You Wish To Be Treated!

29-Apr-2017 02:26:11

Pippyspot
Feb Member 2007

Pippyspot

Posts: 84,190 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Howdy
Delta9THC
:)

If you need to disable your authenticator but don't have access to your registered email, then you'll need to fully recover your RuneScape account. To do this, click here , then click 'Fix It Fast: Reset My Passowrd' -- When prompted about your email address, select 'No' and continue the process. Once you've successfully recovered, your previous authenticator will be disabled, and the email address linked to your account will no longer be the one you can't access

Hope that helps ^_^
´¨)
¸.
´
(¸.

29-Apr-2017 18:03:07

Quick find code: 380-381-62-65435576 Back to Top