Forums

Two-factor Authentication

Quick find code: 380-381-62-65435576

sxg

sxg

Posts: 155 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Ive set up the authenticator and now it wont let me log in, i enter the number from my authenticator app and it brings me back to the login screen

This for me too.
Nice update, but please make sure it works before rolling it out.

23-Jun-2014 14:56:36

LilBitRanger

LilBitRanger

Posts: 27 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cheers Jagex, this is really useful tbh.
I personally find it more suiting than JAG as JAG is solely based around your e-mail address, which can be compromised during a hijack.

As for those who don't own smartphones, pls, it is 2014.

a smart phone is completely out of the question for me in cost with no need for the purchase of 1 if all i do is call people and use the computer for all internet based things

23-Jun-2014 14:57:37

Brielyn

Brielyn

Posts: 606 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

So in order for me to be able to use this update I have to run out and either buy a second computer or a smartphone? Hardly seems fair. Especially since I don't have the resources to do either. I wonder how many others are in the same boat as me?

Seriously. This is obviously a temporary solution for the time being, and if not - too bad too sad? It's not unfair at all. Maybe you should go complain to the companies who sell all of the other things you can't afford about the advantages their products give the consumers. Grow up please.
._.: :._.

23-Jun-2014 14:58:18

Fireworm999

Fireworm999

Posts: 2,350 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a question regarding the desktop application for this. I used the latest stable version (ver 3.0.21) and I used Google authentication (in WinAuth) to use the QR code. This all worked fine and I am able to login on Oldschool again (after it asked for a code which Winauth gave me). So I think it's setup correctly for this computer but I don't understand how it works from here.

What if my current computer doesn't work anymore? How does it work when I want to login from another computer?

23-Jun-2014 15:00:06

Mod Mat K

Mod Mat K

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
@Mod Mat K

With this update, does this effect VPN users? Say if a VPN set it up, They can still Login normally right? or would need code?

Please Confirm

Heya, it shouldn't be affected by VPN.

23-Jun-2014 15:00:07

LilBitRanger

LilBitRanger

Posts: 27 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

So in order for me to be able to use this update I have to run out and either buy a second computer or a smartphone? Hardly seems fair. Especially since I don't have the resources to do either. I wonder how many others are in the same boat as me?

Seriously. This is obviously a temporary solution for the time being, and if not - too bad too sad? It's not unfair at all. Maybe you should go complain to the companies who sell all of the other things you can't afford about the advantages their products give the consumers. Grow up please.

seriously??????

23-Jun-2014 15:02:32

Mr Rey Ray
May Member 2016

Mr Rey Ray

Posts: 6,274 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Mod Mat K

With this update, does this effect VPN users? Say if a VPN set it up, They can still Login normally right? or would need code?

Please Confirm

Heya, it shouldn't be affected by VPN.

Thanks, Have a good afternoon :)
| Leader of IVY Click here for Account Help | An International Pvm/ Skilling Clan |
Guest in our Clan Chat for an Invite

23-Jun-2014 15:05:00

Quick find code: 380-381-62-65435576 Back to Top