Forums

The State of PvP Blog

Quick find code: 380-381-573-66100411

Eat A W

Eat A W

Posts: 1,166 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The PKer favoritism is outrageous. Every single PVP update is always in favor of the pker and screws the skiller. From being able to attack guys fighting sammy mage to black chins staying on the ground when hunter is killed (because that makes sense).
The proposed imp box nerf is just over the line. Being that you can't use it past lvl 30, it doesn't take away much of the risk any more than teleporting does. It's one thing to have risk in the wildy, but there should be at least some balance of power. With every update you're giving pkers more and more advantages (like fighting someone with no gear or food isn't advantageous enough) and making skillers even more vulnurable.
This has to stop. PKers aren't your only customers, you know. I get that you're trying to "revitalize" the wilderness but if you keep handicapping skillers like this, you're eventually gonna start to see the opposite effect - nonpkers will simply stop going to the wilderness because it's no longer viable for progress. Something to think about.
Players, please vote no on the imp box nerf. Pkers have enough advantages as it is.

14-May-2019 16:55:09

Eat A W

Eat A W

Posts: 1,166 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The PKer favoritism is outrageous. Every single PVP update is always in favor of the pker and screws the skiller. From being able to attack guys fighting sammy mage to black chins staying on the ground when hunter is killed (because that makes sense).
The proposed imp box nerf is just over the line. Being that you can't use it past lvl 30, it doesn't take away much of the risk any more than teleporting does. It's one thing to have risk in the wildy, but there should be at least some balance of power. With every update you're giving pkers more and more advantages (like fighting someone with no gear or food isn't advantageous enough) and making skillers even more vulnurable.
This has to stop. PKers aren't your only customers, you know. I get that you're trying to "revitalize" the wilderness but if you keep handicapping skillers like this, you're eventually gonna start to see the opposite effect - nonpkers will simply stop going to the wilderness because it's no longer viable for progress. Something to think about.
Players, please vote no on the imp box nerf. Pkers have enough advantages as it is.

14-May-2019 16:55:10

arrow nock

arrow nock

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Eat A W said :

You have the option of training whatever skill you want, outside of the wilderness. The wilderness is suppose to be a dangerous zone that involves risk. Give me a break.. STAY OUT OF THE WILD IF YOU'RE SCARED OF LOSING ITEMS. It's simply risk vs reward

14-May-2019 20:44:11

arrow nock

arrow nock

[quote id=380-381-573-66100411-30-344465688][chocolate]"When a player has been teleblocked there currently isn't a way to [firebrick]tell when them when [/firebrick]their teleblock timer has run out. The proposed change is to make a chat box message, similar to when potion effects run out, to let the player know when they are able to teleport again." "Starting defence level has been increase from 70 to 75." Update: quoted wrong post

14-May-2019 20:47:27 - Last edited on 14-May-2019 21:07:02 by arrow nock

arrow nock

arrow nock

A PvP learning curve is important to note.

When new players enter the wilderness and are surrounded by players who have played runescape for years maybe a decade, it's almost laughable to think they will have the awareness or "skill" to fight and defeat a seasoned vet.

This is important to note if we really care about the future of this game. How can we attract and retain players if all of us seasoned vets DESTORY newer players venturing into the PvP world?

Side note, NERF THE G MAUL. I use to G-Maul back before BH crater, all during the Curses Prayer (Turmoil) era of runescape and even before OsRs. I mean, how old and boring. It's still one of the if not THE most utilized weapons in PvP. With only a requirement of 50atk/str. I wish Jagex could do some analytics and see how many players use the msb/gmaul combo day in day out.

Also important to note, because I try to be fair. Someone said if they nerfed the g-maul, how many players would rage quit? That's important to consider but I'd say the newbies entering the wild and not getting 3 hit outweighs the whales who msb/gmaul 24/7.

OR, nerf the G-Maul to require the use of 60% of the special attack to use the special attack and create a drop that does allow the special to consume only 50% but make the dropped item un-protectable and worth a lot of gold. Maybe then people who use the G-Maul actually lose something of value.

14-May-2019 21:03:18

battt1e mage

battt1e mage

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While I appreciate that Jagex is finally giving PVP the attention it deserves, these updates are pretty weak all around. Before going any further, my biggest annoyance is this idea of turning PVP into a money sink and "health of the economy". PVP does not generate GP (apart from emblems), so a bad pker legitimately loses money pking. Meanwhile, when you die pvming, you don't even lose your supplies, so a god awful PVMer will always be in profit. If health of the economy is the concern, address how low risk-high reward pvming is in this game. I understand the whole ddossing issue that every PVMer cries about, so add a chest like in raids 2 to all major bossing, so deaths=loss of gp but you won't lose your items. Also fix your bot problem, stop acting like PVP makes even a dent on the "health of the economy".

Ok back to PVP,
while I understand the sentiment behind the prayer idea, it will not work in practice. All you do is open the door for even further prayer camping plus ragging is going to be at an all time high. Especially with how weak magic is, everyone will camp range and melee prayer and pking will be even worse. The issue right now is that people do not have to switch prayers not that prayers do not protect enough damage. Buff magic so people cannot camp range/melee and you will make it so better players win more often.
-A black d hide nerf is needed as it is tiered defensively like Karils. However, the more pressing issue is magic. WHY IS IT SCALED TO MAGE DEFENSE LVL? This is such an easy/no brainer fix. It should scale to total mage bonus like everything else. This should be a QOL update and not even pulled.
-I like the idea of raising the price of the gmaul, but make it an item from BH shop, not a 1 time purchase. It should literally be the clamp that was pulled before. Give it a damage boost and reduces maul spec to 50%. If lost on death the gmaul is lost and the clamp remains. Make it cost like a tier 3 in point value (500k ish)

14-May-2019 21:59:25

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 15,772 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Eat A W said :

Dude.. have a look at that news post again... they have thought about it.. and decided there won't be a poll for it.. the change is now being called an "integrity" fix and they're simply going to do it anyway.

They know it's something the vast majority of players don't want.. that's why they're not going to poll it.

While pkers aren't their only customers.. it's beginning to look a lot like that's the only customers they want.

They could end up with nothing more than pkers for customers.. except that there's far better pvp games out there.

Jagex wants 'risk v reward' and they're about to get the reward for the risk. They've earned it. =)
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

14-May-2019 22:02:24

battt1e mage

battt1e mage

Brutal Nerd said :
F2P tele block failed polls. The original promise when the whole OSRS was being polled was that you'd NEVER change this game without a poll. I'm 100% against this because it's against the original idea of Old School Runescape as a whole.

If you followed the information Jagex has put forth, the polling system is completely broken with less than 50% of the community casting votes. The game is getting stagnant and PVP updates never pass. Why not let this time of update occur and if it completely ruins F2P (which is laughable), then start complaining. Your argument has no merit as to why teleblock shouldn't be f2p, so please make a different argument.

14-May-2019 22:04:35

battt1e mage

battt1e mage

You are wrong on many points. You clearly do not PVP if you think that nerfing black d hides changes the integrity of the game. It doesn't scale the same way melee or or magic armor does. Why does it have the same stats as Karils? Also, if you are talking about the integrity of the polling system, you clearly don't PVP. No updates for PVP pass because as Jagex illustrated, less than 50% of the community actually votes. So how can you talk about the community running the game, when less than half of the community is voting? Lastly, Jagex is trying to keep the community happy by actually allowing updates that boost PVP content. Go back to the flax fields please.

PROLlFlC said :

THIS IS THE MOST CRITICAL PART OF THE THREAD. The last and most important thing I find extremely alarming is that the community needs updates that are 1.POLLED and 2. Focus on the COMMUNITY, not on what specific users with authority decide is best for the game. When OSRS was first reintroduced the idea of a poll based scheme excited me/made me come back to the game and made me think that the game had come a long way in the sense that we would not see drastic changes that would cause uproar amongst the community based on authoritarian views/decisions by the games owners because the COMMUNITY would be the litigators. I feel discouraged by these suggestions/updates and hope Jagex really focuses on keeping the community happy as a

14-May-2019 22:11:24

battt1e mage

battt1e mage

Are you dumb or just stupid? There have been literally no updates that "favor PVP". Pking is not even profitable more the majority of players. Meanwhile, you can die at Bandos, re-supply up and then come back and extend your trip because you don't even lose the supplies from your death. This whole game favors PVM and skilling. PVP got revs, meanwhile PVM and Skilling got raids 1, raids 2, multiple guilds, the hydra, konar, and more. This update is about making PVP more enjoyable, not helping black chin hunters bank more chins. If that is your concern, you have reached the wrong update my guy.
Eat A W said :

14-May-2019 22:14:48

Quick find code: 380-381-573-66100411 Back to Top