Forums

Spellbook Filters and BH

Quick find code: 380-381-529-66064033

Cedthedevil
Jun Member 2015

Cedthedevil

Posts: 38 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really hope that you are adding the resizable while working on the toggle. It look strange 4 small icon for teleporting when i can see the icon proprely. nice update for spec tele btw Strength lies not in defence but in attack.

29-Nov-2018 17:08:59

Dragonbow0

Dragonbow0

Posts: 319 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not a fan of the spec teleport update. This ruins certain existing rushing accounts. Also it was not voted on.

G maul preload was a glitch, clearly not intended. This just caters to whiners who think pking must be done one way.

29-Nov-2018 17:16:57

Ferocire

Ferocire

Posts: 10,978 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"These changes are intended to ensure players can find targets with a similar level of wealth risked without getting stuck waiting to be able to skip another target.
"

Oh yeah? Then why is it that unskulled pkers risking 500k-1m+ can't freely skip skulled pkers risking barely 100k? Bit of a double standard there is it not?

Free skip should be based on risk and nothing else.
OSRS Mage Tank.

Believe magic to only be for support? Think again. It's just as valid of a Pking style as melee and range is.

29-Nov-2018 17:59:41 - Last edited on 29-Nov-2018 18:12:25 by Ferocire

7th Reign

7th Reign

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
the hotfix to put high alch back in line where it originally was did not fix the location of the ancient spells.

the location of the ancient spells is still broken and far from their original position.

this is not ok. this is terrible. we have hundreds of hours of muscle memory for that exact location for pking. now its gone.

smh this is ridiculous

29-Nov-2018 18:12:30

Fenforge

Fenforge

Posts: 2,672 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2nd PvP update in row, & yet the J-Mods are unwilling to interact with the announcement.

.drawoc a stcepser eno oN.
MP1 ... ?
Cancer Cure Hits the Market! Car-T Cells Youtube.
120 day life cycle of Cancer cells?

29-Nov-2018 20:53:12

Coffin Store

Coffin Store

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The mysterious emblem thing was completely unnecessary. The risk disparity problem basically balances itself when you consider that you decrease your chance of winning the battle the lower your risk; except when people unskull of course, but you could've just fixed that. It was a beautiful balance and you've destroyed it.

Rather than balancing risk, you are increasing the risk floor, which isn't good for new players that are both unskilled and poor, guaranteeing that they will loose tons of money and probably never get into it. Look say I'm risking quite a lot in gear (I have a higher chance of killing) and if I kill a guy with really low risk at least I can get an emblem, which makes it worth it. But now I have to risk even more to even get that chance, and what's worse it's risk that doesn't even increase my chance of victory, so what if I get someone that just refuses to risk an emblem? I just skip? Guess what there's not enough players Pking to skip around even with no penalty, and this update definitely isn't helping with that.

Disappointing that you would even consider this a reasonable change to not poll.

30-Nov-2018 01:44:56 - Last edited on 30-Nov-2018 01:50:51 by Coffin Store

eCloud

eCloud

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay. On my pk account, I risk about 200k unskulled or 8m+ skulled, no way..; most of my skulled oponents drop 70K when dying, in the worst case 30k. Before I could be lucky and get an emblem, but now if I dont add a 120k emblem (probably skyrocketing atm) to my risk, not only do I lose the random chance of an emblem drop, the emblem they might carry is destroyed... and hey, now they can freely skip me at will..

what kind of ignorant, unpolled and plain stupid update is this??

This is the day we see the end of Runescapes foundation - variety. Hard to accomplish and rare builds is now useless in pvp, for an update catering gmaulers, zerkers and 0 risk pures, all under the name of balancing risk vs reward, while getting the complete oposite result. BRAVO

30-Nov-2018 16:34:47 - Last edited on 30-Nov-2018 16:37:58 by eCloud

I Mahatma X

I Mahatma X

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great job, nothing has been solved, rushers - tabbers still exist though they're more spec- runners now and since you're freezed theres nowhere to go.

Bridders have much more struggle now, you made everything worse trying to solve something but actually didn't affect anything. If you do change, then please consider it well instead of these delusions you make trying to "make the game better", seems like you never been in pvp situations yourself. Is obviously..

Now you NEED extra risk to get extra risk, seems fair but NEW and/or low combat players do not take this risk, don't get these bonus emblems which make up their loss from dying so much, it's a loss-loss situation. BH will slowly die out this way. I'd rather go to PVP world now too, BH already seemed less populated like other days, and that after an update that should make it "better" & therefor more crowded I guess? Perfect!

Emblem farmers will be very happy, they can skip almost anyone now, since almost nobody has a skull & emblem risk at lower levels, freely skip till you get the person standing next to you to farm those emblems!

30-Nov-2018 16:49:10

Mr Chen

Mr Chen

Posts: 1,609 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Mod Gambit,

I am a maxed 75 att zerker with over 3200 BH kills. Zerkers and maxed med levels are for the most part the higher cb level that is active in BH so I am speaking for our levels and higher.

1. In my opinion BH’s biggest advantage compared to PVP worlds is a chance to win an emblem on a kill. I would say 90% of my fights in bh we are risking anywhere from 200-500k so another 120-150k emblem drop really helps. The issue is to get one now I have to risk even more (an emblem) and to the 15 people I fought last night in bh they didn’t bring one at all. You give us the option of skipping them, but for zerkers and higher you sometimes have to wait 5 minutes or longer to get a target so it is not worth our time to skip a good opponent just because they’re not risking an emblem. This update gives NO advantage compared to PVP worlds and it will detract even further from the BH scene.

2. Spec tabbing was meant for rushers. Very very often I don’t have a good ags spec opportunity until the end of the fight because I don’t get good arrow hits or I’m fighting a med level with high defense and piety. I even died last night because I wanted to spec but got hit a very high number so I ate then tried to tele because I was out of food and I was blocked. That makes no sense. I propose that if you’re fighting someone for over a minute the new rules about speccing do not apply.

You guys are incredible at giving the community what is best, but I believe you got this one wrong and we need to make a change.

Thanks

30-Nov-2018 18:01:39

Quick find code: 380-381-529-66064033 Back to Top