Forums

Spellbook Filters and BH

Quick find code: 380-381-529-66064033

Oslo

Oslo

Posts: 1,650 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What ever happened to the claim that desktop also would be getting 60 fps once mobile was fully launched? I keep waiting for this to be mentioned in an update post, but it's almost as if it has been forgotten about at this point. Achieved 2277 total on August 5th 2014.

29-Nov-2018 11:06:59

EyesnEars

EyesnEars

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wonder if this was thought out at all. So lets say you have been hybridding someone for 5minutes in pvp, you get redbarred whilst or when you're about to spec ur opponent, u cant tele out ? I see the idea, but I feel like the update causes some other problems.

29-Nov-2018 11:15:38

No brew Zuk

No brew Zuk

Posts: 2,228 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
" Killing any opponent without an emblem in your inventory will cause any emblems in the opponent's inventory to be lost."

this is absolute nonsense. not only are you removing the gp for new players to recover supplies while learning pking with emblem but removing the incentive of them killing more veteran players for their tiers.

"These changes are intended to ensure players can find targets with a similar level of wealth risked without getting stuck waiting to be able to skip another target. ''

no an update to make this be insured would be remove the horrible bh interface that displays an opponents wealth with vague skull symbols. then replace that with the oponents actual value risked.

29-Nov-2018 11:31:29

No brew Zuk

No brew Zuk

Posts: 2,228 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No brew Zuk said :
" Killing any opponent without an emblem in your inventory will cause any emblems in the opponent's inventory to be lost."

this is absolute nonsense. not only are you removing the gp for new players to recover supplies while learning pking with emblem but removing the incentive of them killing more veteran players for their tiers.

"These changes are intended to ensure players can find targets with a similar level of wealth risked without getting stuck waiting to be able to skip another target. ''

no an update to make this be insured would be remove the horrible bh interface that displays an opponents wealth with vague skull symbols. then replace that with the oponents actual value risked.

PVP input should not be taken from reddit where 99% of the reddit community is anti pvp anything. it is unreal that changes are even considered which are proposed on that forum. there are multiple front page anti pk posts every single day on reddit yet you take the opinions of those who completely oppose pking. its sad.

29-Nov-2018 11:33:16

RuleFire33

RuleFire33

Posts: 86 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
From the news post:

"Mysterious emblems now have a seven second timer before being destroyed. This is to prevent players destroying them mid combat to spite their opponents."

Can we PLEASE have a feature like this for all 'destroyable' items? At least a toggle or something in the settings.

I ask this because sometimes I'm an idiot and accidentally destroy my valuable items, such as a Rune pouch just the other day...

29-Nov-2018 11:34:48

Jaso151
Jan Member 2022

Jaso151

Posts: 1,768 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In regards to spec-rushing

Doesn't it make more sense that the initiating player should be prevented from teleporting for the first 3-5 seconds of any PvP fight to ensure they don't unload their specs and tele?

The current implementation damages both parties as if you unload a spec 60 seconds into a fight, you're then prevented escape should you be red-barred. Think of how many times specs are used in PvP.. players would rarely be able to teleport.

Risk-free spec-rushing is only ever seen at the start of combat.

I'm not even a PvPer at all and can see this hurts the PvP community.

All the other implementations are fairly great such as not being able to destroy items right away to spite your opponent. Spell book filter looks great!

29-Nov-2018 11:39:39 - Last edited on 29-Nov-2018 11:42:54 by Jaso151

Quick find code: 380-381-529-66064033 Back to Top