Forums

Dev Blog: Theatre of Blood

Quick find code: 380-381-466-65995386

krofta420

krofta420

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No to all poll questions until a specific release date is nailed down for old school mobile. As i see it, mobile will benefit runescape as a whole a hell of alot more than small almost worthless updates will. Im pretty confident im not alone in saying that mobile is already late considering it was supposed to be released in winter of 2017.... Thats a good few months ago now. If yall are that far behind on it then more energy should be put into getting that out instead of focusing so much on minor content updates that only the minority care about. Point is, its already a few months late and still not even an exacf release date yet and even more cryptic of a release than "winter 2017" now its just simply "2018" which is even looser of a release date. Are yall going backwards or something on progress? Im sure someone will try to argue "but theres been a beta" yeah a beta that was about a month and a half ago and beta testers said it was already for release and here we are in march with still no more than sometime within the year but updates the majority dont want are more important than the one sole thing the majority has been practically begging for for several years before mobile was even announced..... The ability to play on android and ios instead of being held down by a laptop or desktop.

07-Mar-2018 20:16:46

SamoaSpider
Oct Member 2023

SamoaSpider

Posts: 150 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
---------------------
While you guys are working on the expansion of potions, care to fix the old ones?

The barbarian potions aka "mix" potions are currently well.... horrible.

Suggested fix: Buff the potions to be made into 3 doses and no 1-tick eating delay when consuming the potion. This won't devalue the current 4 dose potions and would revive great dead content.

Seriously, nobody wants those 2-dose potions.

07-Mar-2018 21:06:12

IYuVao
Oct Member 2022

IYuVao

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The battlemage potion is basically dead content on release. I honestly don't recall a time where someones ever used or might've ended up using a magic potion along with a super defence potion. players have this fear that if a stronger version of the magic potion were to ever be released the imbued heart would be devalued, but maybe if the battlemage potion boost is increased to +7/+8 boost and only useable in the wilderness or pvp it might just work. I mean you guys have done it with trident not being able to be used in pvp, blowpipe speed being reduced and now making the sanguinesti staff only for pvm.

07-Mar-2018 21:06:31

Narkeneth

Narkeneth

Posts: 692 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All of you comnplaining about this update hurting pvp are a pathetic excuse for pvp'ers.

If a guy is risking the new rapier and armor set hes prob risking more than ur bank ever will be. Which sounds ok. And its not like rs is a legit pvp game adn you cant just tab out or run to safe zone when a guy in the op gear attacks you. Not that they will because theres this thing called skulling, so they most likely wont.

TLDR most of this stuff wont be used in pvp at all. and rapier is no better than tent and thats prob the only one that would be used. And if they do enjoy your 500m pk when you ags g maul 1 tick them out with 0 skill anyway.

08-Mar-2018 00:04:51

Lost Rogue
Nov Member 2014

Lost Rogue

Posts: 311 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Potions

Bastion and battlemage:

both seem pritty useless cant think of any boss you would use them as most boss's you range or mage you use brews which give you basicaly super def bonus. A super rangeing and super magic pot makes more sence.

Totality:

Other than maybe pvp cant see this being all that usefull noone uses magic potions so it would basicaly jsut save 1 invent slot sup cb/ranging and is gonna be fairly costly.

Vigour:

Only real use will be solo sara but i guess its an interesting idea should be a prayer pot instead of a rannar though imo making it an upgraded version.

Super prayer:

Seems like the most usefull one but again should be a prayer potion instead of rannar to make it an upgraded version.

Infernal Defender

Honestly seems realy underwelming compared to a dragon defender and how much this attachment will cost / how rare its gonna be.

Judgement Prayer Scroll

Useless, gonna be used for DWH/BGS specing bout it, take of the prayer drain at least might make it good for pvp.

Sanguinesti Staff

Trident v2 basicaly but sure something different and its effect will make it good at some boss's over a trident blood rune cost seems a little high though 3 bloods per cast would be more reasonable (would still be more gp per cast than trident).

Ghrazi Rapier

Honestly the main item im hyped for already have tent/elder maul for lvl 75 slash/crush weps this will fit in nicely.

Justiciar Armour

No real opinion on this will be interesting to see how usefull it is within raids 2, either way a bis non degradeable tank armour set is a nice thing to have as an option.

Vampyrium Vambraces

These should be made be upgrading barrows gloves not ranger gloves, it made sence with ranger boots because they were bis before pegs, barrows gloves are getting very devalued now a days no from me as it stands.

Scythe of Vitur

Meh.

Rogue

08-Mar-2018 00:09:42

MOBUTU
Mar Member 2024

MOBUTU

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello, the theatre of blood seems really cool.
But if you want my opinion on the rewards,

The potions seems nice but i think we already have enough pots in the game that can apply all those effects, it would mean less pot to bring to pk or boss for example meaning easy scape. and i'd vote no.

The infernal defender, that's seems to be a really nice reward, Ill vote yes and trust you for balancing the wep stats.

The judgement prayer, i personally don't want to see offensive overhead prayer added to the game.

The sanguinesti staff, basically guthan magic version in 1 item. Nice idea if it required more than just a staff.

The ghrazi rapier, yes plz ! it adds some diversity.

The justiciar armor, doesn't really attract me so i got no opinion.

Vampiryum bracelet, a higher range atk bonus gauntlet item was already polled and massively voted no. so please leave the barrow gloves as bis. Maybe add some boots that give prayer bonus instead, giving a new boot item and leaving bgloves alone.

Scythe of vitur, seems nice didnt fully understood how it would work tho.

Shinhaza shroud, sure why not if it looks medieval ! ;)

Thx for your consideration and your great work !

08-Mar-2018 00:26:10

Gf tankss

Gf tankss

Posts: 3,030 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Love most of the ideas. But the range + super def.. why does att n strength have a super potion to allow the lv to get to 118 vs range of 112? Super range pot from raids would be nice. Tank Armour is deja vu for the beginning of eoc. Otherwise looks good ¸,•°'´`'°•¸ . ¸•°•¸ .:;:. ,·¹¹, Maxed 109 Range Tank pvp/pvm
.:. . ,·¹¹. ,' . ',¸¸,.',.,¸¸,' .:.. ‘·,¸¸,·'ˆ'·,¸¸,· Jagex where my pvp updates??
. ',¸¸,’ ‘, .::.. ¸’ .:. ,' . 99 slayer/ +45k bosses slain/ 14 pets/pvp

]click here to Apply![/qfc] ‘·,¸¸,·'ˆ'·,¸¸ 109 Maxed Range Tank

08-Mar-2018 01:43:36

KinAchelexus

KinAchelexus

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Infinite Teleport Tome

Can we do away with this idea? Law runes are already so cheap, let players recharge the teleport with runes instead of them being infinite.

Infernal Defender

It's weird that you can dismantle it and get the defender back instead of the hilt, it would seem that it should be the opposite instead.

Ghrazi Rapier

Can the name be changed into something less silly? Might just be me but "ghrazi" seems like "benghazi" which sounds so dumb.

Justiciar Armour

I'd prefer if instead of dropping the armor, the raids would drop 2-6 "justiciar shard pieces" instead, requiring 87/90/93 Smithing and 3/5/4 pieces to smith it into the actual Faceguard/Chestguard/Legguard respectively. It doesn't change much about them since the price would most likely be similar, but would help with the game's lingering issue of the disconnection between crafting skills and combat.

08-Mar-2018 03:42:38

Soulsreaper
Dec Member 2016

Soulsreaper

Posts: 164 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Abduco said :
Looks decent, this. Although the balancing of having more melee weapons over ranged for things like PvP is slightly concerning; seems like dejavu with rs3.

what are you talking about?? you obviously don't even play rs3 because there is the same amount of mele weapons as range weapons. where also about to get new dual weild range weapons in next boss we get

08-Mar-2018 04:16:04

Quick find code: 380-381-466-65995386 Back to Top