Forums

Dev Blog: Theatre of Blood

Quick find code: 380-381-466-65995386

Ferocire

Ferocire

Posts: 10,978 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Will the Sanguinesti Staff be able to be used in PvP? (With a reduced casting speed of course)

Mages have been limited to the same thing for PvP for around 4 years now as things like surges/tome of fire are only really viable for pures or hybriding. If it can't be used in PvP, then we're still stuck with no variety.
OSRS Mage Tank.

Believe magic to only be for support? Think again. It's just as valid of a Pking style as melee and range is.

07-Mar-2018 17:42:57 - Last edited on 07-Mar-2018 18:31:45 by Ferocire

H4iden
Feb Member 2013

H4iden

Posts: 116 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ferocire said :
Will the Sanguinesti Staff be able to be used in PvP? (With a reduced casting speed of course)

Mages have been limited to the same thing for PvP for around 4 years now as things like surges/tome of fire are only really viable for pures or hybriding. If it can't be used in PvP, then we're still stick with no variety.

Occult, Augury, Ancestral robes, eternal boots, Mage arena 2, Kodai wand, surge spells, arcane spirit shield, seers ring (i), imbued heart, staff of the dead, toxic staff, tome of fire, staff of light.

All of these have been released since the beginning of OSRS and all can be used in PvP, greatly increasing the power of Magic in PvP. What the hell are you talking about?

07-Mar-2018 17:59:13

Ferocire

Ferocire

H4iden said :

Occult, Augury, Ancestral robes, eternal boots, Mage arena 2, Kodai wand, surge spells, arcane spirit shield, seers ring (i), imbued heart, staff of the dead, toxic staff, tome of fire, staff of light.

All of these have been released since the beginning of OSRS and all can be used in PvP, greatly increasing the power of Magic in PvP. What the hell are you talking about?

Aw...the ole "let's make a list of content" routine. That applies to everyone:

Piety, Bandos, primordial boots, infernal cape, dragon claws (!!!!), abby bludgeon, abby dagger, dragon warhammer, elder maul, berserker ring (I) saradomin sword (I), combat potions, amulet of torture, dragon defender, obby armor, etc.

But mages are the only ones who is still limited to a grand total of one weapon to choose from for PvP purposes.

Why?

Because the power of magic isn't the problem, it's the variety.

SoTD/Sol and z flames/sara strike are the only viable choices outside of hybriding or low combat levels...even then, there's very little reason to use sara strike since TSoTD has higher mage bonus and since z flame's mage drain is more useful.

Much of what you mentioned is also irrelevant to PvP as many of mage's updates have had a heavy emphasis on PvM. Kodai for example, is, for all intents and purposes, a SoTD that can autocast ancients. The +3 magic attack is not enough to be noticeable. It doesn't even have a special while the SoTD does.

And mentioning the imbued heart...really? You are aware that boosting magic doesn't have the same benefit as boosting melee stats or range does right? Imbued heart is only useful for trident, which can't even be used in PvP, or for mage pures with low mage levels.
OSRS Mage Tank.

Believe magic to only be for support? Think again. It's just as valid of a Pking style as melee and range is.

07-Mar-2018 18:09:16 - Last edited on 07-Mar-2018 20:39:10 by Ferocire

3trengereid

3trengereid

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Was wondering if u knew the formula for the max hit at guards in raids? also does the accuracy get affected with the same formula as the max hit just that its based on att and mining instead of str and mining? ty ironman etre**ereid

07-Mar-2018 18:23:50

God From RS

God From RS

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hello mod ayiza can is ask you something?? btw me english is not very good,,
2 days i go a friend asked me for lending me bandos.. for doing bosses... now he add me to ignore list and i will never get that amour back.... what can i do to get it back? its to late for report, i hope i will get a anwser thanks already!

07-Mar-2018 18:30:53

Ferocire

Ferocire

So a quick look through reddit has confirmed my suspicion. Sanguinesti staff is nothing more than a Trident V2....

Well, I just completely lost interest in theatre. Since Sanguinesti is PvM only, it would only be fair for the defender and rapier to be PvM only as well.
OSRS Mage Tank.

07-Mar-2018 18:58:57 - Last edited on 07-Mar-2018 19:33:13 by Ferocire

Bob_Is_Icky3

Bob_Is_Icky3

About the Justicar Armor:

This is simply about the lore of the Justicar, if they tend to work alone, why would they be so tanky? Wouldn't they want to be light and be more like scouts and spies? Tanks would be more useful if someone else is doing the damage, ie other soldiers, maybe explain this a bit more?

Also how does the Lady Verzik interact with the Drakans???????

Otherwise looks great, I'm too low level to do raids but I'm still excited for the new content, especially the new areas in Morytania to explore, and the new quest!

07-Mar-2018 19:12:21

Teddymalta69

Teddymalta69

Few questions:

10% attack boost from Judgement - does this literally mean attack I.E accuracy and no damage or does it mean 10% damage and accuracy?
Also does the 1/6 prayer smite literally mean you're smiting yourself, or is it worded wrong and meant to mean that you smite the enemy? If it's the first then disappointing as what could be something good for pvp would be useless.

Why no special attacks on any of the weapons? Everyone uses the same spec weps nowadays, we need something new and interesting to shake things up. Idk how people have commented saying that the proposed items are gonna be good for pvp and have a negative effect - IMO nothing proposed is going to be of any value in pvp. Let's face it nobody uses super expensive main weapons do they, it's all about the spec wep. of which none of these have any. Maybe add a spec to the sythe that can rival the damage of other current KO weapons?

07-Mar-2018 20:15:53

Quick find code: 380-381-466-65995386 Back to Top