Forums

Dev Blog: Theatre of Blood

Quick find code: 380-381-466-65995386

Etrengereid

Etrengereid

Posts: 604 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i change my statement above that scythe is decent if you dont have to charge it now that att speed has been changed from 5 to 7.

new feedback on the scythe is that its quite useless everywhere :)

nothing good here beyond the defender the way I see it. dont find these rewards to be fitting at all.

07-Mar-2018 15:57:32

Ninjafahri

Ninjafahri

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I expected more and better items to be added...

Some of the items are bullshit since you have to combine other items to make one...
in the normal raids everything what you get dont have to be combined with other items and this is good.

And pls add more items that are usefull.

Thanks.

07-Mar-2018 16:07:03

Pink
May Member 2012

Pink

Posts: 1,199 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was under the impression from previous Q&A livestreams, that the rewards from Raids 2 would only have bonuses inside of the theatre of blood and useless outside of the area. As an avid PvPer if these bonuses remain all throughout the game then this poll will get a big thumbs down from me. This is too much of a change from the balance of PvP.

07-Mar-2018 16:12:56

abra238
Jun Member 2015

abra238

Posts: 424 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
either increase attack speed from 4.2 sec to 3.6 sec for scythe, or increase the secondary and tertiary damage from 50% + 25% to 66% + 33%. Currently, it would be about the exact same dps as a whip + defender.
M
a
x
e
d
+
Hexis Bronze star
+ Professional (retired)
Profit
Snek
Wrangler

07-Mar-2018 16:46:22

G0zer

G0zer

Posts: 132 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
At a glance, I like these rewards more than for Raids 1, where it seemed that just of bunch of different rewards with no connection whatsoever were thrown together to make it worthwhile to do. I like how you present each reward here with a backstory. That's a good start at least. Rip HCIM though. Also Raids 1 has 15 different uniques, so it's good to see that this number is reduced a bit. 7-9 is fitting if some if them fails.

However, I wish more rewards did degrade in some way or another. Outside the scythe and the staff which is charged, the defender, rapier, armour, vambraces are non-degradeable. It's a pity that the community doesn't like degradeable stuff in general and frankly these rewards would have a higher chance of passing compared to if they degraded in some way. It's ironic that it has been a lot of talk that the game really needs money/item sinks, yet none (outside the ranger gloves) is introduced when you actually have the chance. Degrading is a healthy mechanics (brings a coin/item sink) but not desirable with the current polling system. Here, OSRS has much to learn from RS3 where every high-tier equipment degrades in some way or another.

I'll try to give all the feedback I can regarding the rewards.

Potions: Powerful potions, but seems ok enough. My exception here is vigour potion which might be too good in some instances like Zilyana. And super prayer pots are just an direct upgrade from pray pots. 24 extra pray points per inventory space is a quite a big deal. Also depends on how common the new blood vials are. That said, maybe these could come with the Farming Guild update instead?

07-Mar-2018 17:23:33 - Last edited on 07-Mar-2018 18:33:49 by G0zer

G0zer

G0zer

I'm a bit confused with the Sanguinesti staff . So this is basically a trident (built-in spell costing 4 blood runes) with healing abilities? Why do we need that? I was looking forward to a magic weapon with special attack aimed for PvP. It could be a 2h staff and cast spells each 3.6 sec, which is 1 tick slower than other staves, to make it much more unique over other magic weapons. Proposed stats: +30 magic attack/defence and +30 magic damage + a fitting special attack. Now you have a slow, but hard-hitting staff.

Ghrazi rapier: Well then. The stats are quite balanced to start off with that, but the problem with top-tier dps melee weapons is that the system is very fragile due to how many weapons which are situational BiS atm (whip for dps, bludgeon for strength, hasta for stab, bss for dps for pures, arclicht for demons, abby dagger for 1h strength). A new weapon will eventually devalue one or several of these in some way. Again I'm not quite a fan of it being non-degradeable. This makes it better than whip, bludgeon and partly hasta (still BiS at corp and multi-style weapon). That said, I'm not opposed to having a new top-tier melee weapon from such a huge piece of content like this, if it's introduced the right way.

Personally, I would rather have a 5-tick weapon to make it more unique. Due to how the game works, almost every viable melee weapon is a 4-tick weapon. Basically, it is a 2h spear (or longsword) with very good dps as high defence monsters (similar to tent whip + defender), while also providing a small special healing effect depending on your opponent's max health. This doesn't devalue other weapons directly, but gives a strong weapon to use against bosses. Also it's charged with blood runes.

07-Mar-2018 17:26:44 - Last edited on 07-Mar-2018 18:29:29 by G0zer

Spoice

Spoice

Posts: 188 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Defender is cool, overhead prayer is cool, staff is cool but too costly,

Armour is useless, unless heavily utelised in raids II.

The vambs should not require ranger gloves. There's so few of them and the vambs attachment will come into the game at a much faster rate making the add-on a pegasian V2.

The rapier is litterally the most underwhelming thing ever. Dont even bother adding this to the game. It will litterally devalue the whip as much as it would if it were to have 200str bonus. Its slightly better, so itll be used over the tent. If you're making the stats shitty like this for the sole reason of not trying to devalue the tent whip, just dont add it at all, cause u will cause as much dmge as it would with lets say +94 str. Either make it better or scrap it.

Overall very underwhelming, I assume this was intentionally. But right now, if anything even were to pass a poll, raids II will be very unrewarding which would be a shame for content with such exciting potential..
Oblivion PvM

@SpoiceKois

07-Mar-2018 17:31:41

G0zer

G0zer

Justiciar armour: Nice to see some good tank armour with a special effect benefitting you having max defence. It remains to see how useful it would be though, since dps > tanking is the general rule of this game. What I would like to see is the armour to have extra perks while worn inside Raids 2 ., which is something I would love to see more of. This could for intance be 1/2500 reduced incoming damage instead of 1/3000, or a "vengeance"-like effect where a portion of any hit above 20 is dealt back to your opponent. This could make it even more desireable to wear the armour inside Raids 2. The Scythe of Vitur is a very interesting weapon, basically bringing AoE weapons to melee. Again, why can't it degrade and be charged with vials of blood and/or blood runes? I feel the balancing on this one is crucial, as it easily can turn out OP af or useless. Which one is determined as your 1st, 2nd and 3rd target. Is it central, right, left like with rune thrownaxe?

* On the note of tank armour, I propose a add-on (colossus frame) to Dinh's Bulwark to give it a completely unique effect for tanking. Same stats and reqs as before. Special effect: Simply speaking: It redirects some of the damage from any AoE attack, that otherwise would have hit your teammates, back to you. A percentage of the REDIRECTED damage would be negated completely. This means you’re tanking not only for yourself, but for others too, which is great if you can handle the extra incoming damage that is. Ironmen are unaffected. It may be limited how many places this actually will come in handy (multiple style AoE attacks), but it's certainly something that could be looked upon for the design of future content.

07-Mar-2018 17:35:36 - Last edited on 07-Mar-2018 18:13:25 by G0zer

G0zer

G0zer

With Infernal defender , I kinda wanted it to have a backlash effect on yourself or some degrading mechanics insted of a plain upgrade to an already strong dragon defender. The stats are not wrong, but the desire for dfs has not increased with this one. I really like the Judgement prayer and glad that you took this player suugestion. This is what i like to see: provide a powerful offensive effect ideal for dwh specs, but at the same time lowers your defence significantly, acts as a self-smiting prayer and an overhead prayer, which in sum makes you vulnerable the few secs you use it. Nice

I see you try again with the Vampyric vambraces (which already has flipped the ranger gloves market), and frankly their stats are spot on for new BiS ranged gloves. However, there is an two underlying problems with this. For every new BiS ranged equipment introduced to the game, especially if it provides ranged strength bonus, the blowpipe becomes even more OP than it already is. The dhcb already has been buffed out of proportions to even compete with the blowpipe against dragons. Note that this problem doesn't lies with the new vambraces, but with the blowpipe. AND, the ranger gloves are so rare that the add-on probably won't be worth very much at all.

[Suggestion]: Efaritay's Charm (75 HP) . Being blessed by Saradomin, Queen Efaritay’s ring is what you want to wear if facing vampyres (which is relevant in Theatre of Blood I guess). Special effects: Increases max HP with 5 when worn (great for dharoking), 10% damage reduction against vampyric creatures (dmg + acc increase against vampyres inside Raids 2). Can be charged with Efaritay’s aid [link url=http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Efaritay's_aid][/link] much like how the ring of suffering can be charged with ring of recoils. Immune to blood tithes from Vyrewatch when worn as well.

Done. Enough spamming on the forums for now :)

07-Mar-2018 17:42:12 - Last edited on 07-Mar-2018 18:35:29 by G0zer

Quick find code: 380-381-466-65995386 Back to Top