Forums

Halloween & Make-All

Quick find code: 380-381-429-65959198

dunforgiven

dunforgiven

Posts: 102,158 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash, you will love this, the time of it takes to churn 10 butter is the perfect time for a single set of yoga stretches. :D doing a full inventory and you have time for 3 sets of one of the poses. frankly my dear, I couldn't give a dam. never had a river to build one on.
veteran of 4 runescapes

19-Oct-2017 13:42:37 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2017 13:43:59 by dunforgiven

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
dunforgiven said :
Mod Ash, you will love this, the time of it takes to churn 10 butter is the perfect time for a single set of yoga stretches. :D doing a full inventory and you have time for 3 sets of one of the poses.

lol!

Mis B Haven said :
Found him, thanks. I was following a vid and it started at Abigail.... left out the Death guy :/

Is it possible you're watching a guide to the 2016 event instead? She's not in this year's.

19-Oct-2017 14:12:40

Peterr
Jun Member 2023

Peterr

Posts: 2,462 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey guys,

Thanks for another update. Quite the momentum you guys have built up! A couple criticisms I have about the halloween update, however:

1) Towards the end **minor spoilers** of the event, when you're luring **** into the ****, I find it absolutely odd how much demand it places the player on having near perfect reaction/ping. Especially with recent server issues (but in my case, currently unreliable WiFi), it is unfortunate that I have to restart 7, 8, 12, 15 times because while my reaction is seemingly sufficient, my avatars isn't.

2) How arbitrary the places you lure him are. So odd in fact, I'm thinking its a glitch of sorts. The goal stated is to lure him to ****, but I'm finding myself waiting for the arrow queue and then finding its having me lure **** to the corner of the map, back to the center, to the corner again, etc. Perhaps y'all are guilty again of the whole synthetic lengthening thing (read: fences in RS map making the map seem bigger, you cheeky developers), but its really just annoying, especially since its hard enough with ping difficulties.

Thanks for reading. Also, soooo hype for DS2. Keep it up.

19-Oct-2017 14:25:21

Mod Tomh

Mod Tomh

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Peterr said :
Hey guys,

Thanks for another update. Quite the momentum you guys have built up! A couple criticisms I have about the halloween update, however:

1) Towards the end **minor spoilers** of the event, when you're luring **** into the ****, I find it absolutely odd how much demand it places the player on having near perfect reaction/ping. Especially with recent server issues (but in my case, currently unreliable WiFi), it is unfortunate that I have to restart 7, 8, 12, 15 times because while my reaction is seemingly sufficient, my avatars isn't.

2) How arbitrary the places you lure him are. So odd in fact, I'm thinking its a glitch of sorts. The goal stated is to lure him to ****, but I'm finding myself waiting for the arrow queue and then finding its having me lure **** to the corner of the map, back to the center, to the corner again, etc. Perhaps y'all are guilty again of the whole synthetic lengthening thing (read: fences in RS map making the map seem bigger, you cheeky developers), but its really just annoying, especially since its hard enough with ping difficulties.

Thanks for reading. Also, soooo hype for DS2. Keep it up.

Thanks for your feedback.

1) I think there are only 1 or 2 places which require decent timing, and we even extended the timing to make it longer.

2) With regards to the puzzle of finding where to get him to throw, at each point there is only 1 straight line (orthogonal or diagonal) where the spear can be thrown so that it will hit the red spots. The idea was to make each 'section' of the underwater puzzle a bit longer and more difficult to the first, to try and slowly ease people into it.

I completely understand it may not be for everyone though, which is why we added the hint system so those who did struggle would still be able to complete it without having to turn to a guide.
(>'-')>
Mod TomH - Old School RuneScape Lead QA Analyst
(>'-')>

19-Oct-2017 14:30:37

Peterr
Jun Member 2023

Peterr

Posts: 2,462 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Tomh said :
Peterr said :
Hey guys,

"".

Thanks for your feedback.

1) I think there are only 1 or 2 places which require decent timing, and we even extended the timing to make it longer.

2) With regards to the puzzle of finding where to get him to throw, at each point there is only 1 straight line (orthogonal or diagonal) where the spear can be thrown so that it will hit the red spots. The idea was to make each 'section' of the underwater puzzle a bit longer and more difficult to the first, to try and slowly ease people into it.

I completely understand it may not be for everyone though, which is why we added the hint system so those who did struggle would still be able to complete it without having to turn to a guide.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I was mostly referring to those one or two spots. For me, those two spots were quite literally undoable until I had a weird fluke break in lag. Even a half second to a second of delay was more than enough to decrease my chance of success to 0. I guess some things just require reliable internet, not a lot that can be done to accommodate that.

As far as the spots go, I'm still not convinced, even just from a logical perspective, for where the lines are drawn, metaphorically speaking. Its just completely circuitous. I feel like it would have been better to design the map so it was just as long but more direct, so it didn't feel like I was going back in forth, from center to east to center, when the ultimate destination is in the west.

19-Oct-2017 14:44:30

dunforgiven

dunforgiven

Posts: 102,158 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Any chance they can do a make 14 for the churn? IF its not too difficult, it would help smooth things over and some of my exercises are a little long for 10. ;) frankly my dear, I couldn't give a dam. never had a river to build one on.
veteran of 4 runescapes

19-Oct-2017 14:52:16

Quick find code: 380-381-429-65959198 Back to Top