Forums

Dev Blog: OSRS Mobile TLI

Quick find code: 380-381-421-65949230

Cedthedevil
Jun Member 2015

Cedthedevil

Posts: 38 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I got hacked on the 03/11/2017 from a mobile site (like an invitation) registering page. I now have a pin an an auth 2step.
my gf showme this and try to login.Then on morning my bank got clean
Strength lies not in defence but in attack.

15-Nov-2017 23:25:28

Miss Steele

Miss Steele

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I find the buttons for friends chat, private chat, clan chat etc etc buttons on top left above chatbox quite pointless and space consuming. Instead move chatbox up, put all these buttons on single button which u hold and slide finger to change, and move report button next to compass between chat and map upper edge. U could make three-way color edge on the button that toggles chats to light up when has been updated. Like someone writes in clanchat the buttons 1/3 red part lights up or flashes red. Someone writes in private message, the other 1/3 edge of green flashes green, until u read it or whatever. So even if u have chatbox open u will know you are on private messaging but clanchat has been updated

Button could be chatbubble icon and each chatbox changes background color on button when you have chosen one - for instance light Green pm, light blue cc, light red public chat. And edge is colorcoated respectively in 1/3.

Just to float idea around and save space on interface

17-Nov-2017 12:25:07

Miss Steele

Miss Steele

And perhaps add function to hold down bottom edge of the chatbox to resize it narrower and wider. Narrower perhaps to take less lines of chatter but not resize textsize, obviously with up-down finger sliding motion for scrolling, and with dragging it wider than default the text size should increase as well to those who have trouble reading the text.

EDIT: (Not to spam different posts too much)

What if You removed compass and replaced Minimaps thick edge with compass, that is, arrow on the edge of the minimap, which rotates around the minimap edge to point to north, and maybe few lines going around as well showing WES. This gives multi functionality to minimap, and what it does is, makes some room to push HP, prayer, run toggles upward or more apart. Also removing worldmap button and use 3sec tap and hold on minimap for it to pop up. Misclicks between right tabs and minimap are most likely to cause problems in tough situations like wilderness, pvm or minigames or whatever. In confined space such buttons should be kept out of way of unintentional button push which could result in bad outcome. Or move it upper right corner, the empty triangle shaped space made by minimap shape, although this would again be in the way while in danger or what ever. Long tap and hold seems reasonable middleground.

17-Nov-2017 14:13:24 - Last edited on 17-Nov-2017 18:26:17 by Miss Steele

Miss Steele

Miss Steele

And futhermore I'd suggest You look into assigning some functionality to Volume Up and Down buttons, such as scrolling through tabs or something. I havent gone through all the materials on iOS development but i know some apps have taken advantages of this and have been removed from AppStore due to changes to APIs which were not intended to be changed thus being illegal or something, although some apps have dodged the bullet that is Apple filtering. I know company like Yours wouldnt in any way knowingly terms and cons of another company so that is out of question, however perhaps by talking with officials from Apple would work.

Android I believe is however open source and thus is easier to implement this feature, however I as iPhone 7s user would hate to see android users have an advantage so, just explore this area and float the idea to Apple, I mean, mobile phones have fewer and fewer buttons, perhaps if You push idea around that Your client base would be more drawn to Android because of few lines in their code that lets You as developers change the intended use of Volume buttons (blackmail with little excaduration), perhaps they rethink their decision ;)

17-Nov-2017 18:14:30

Dsan308
Jul Member 2023

Dsan308

Posts: 38 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
something that i'm not sure that has been addressed is the spellbook. Because of the sheer bulk of spells i think you should have 1 of each type of spell eg (strike,bolt,blast,wave) then from there choose an element maybe by holding down and swiping left or right for desired element to make it easier to choose a spell while saving space, i think the same concept could work with the enchantment spells, god spells, and teleports.

21-Nov-2017 07:33:21

Dutch George

Dutch George

Posts: 580 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi!

I have a suggestion regarding usability

I've got a suggestion for OSRS mobile. On your computer you use your right mouse key to select certain actions (for example picking up a specific item in a loot pile). How mobile usually works is, to hold your finger on a specific area to show more options (for example, moving apps on your home screen, deleting them etc). I feel that in OSRS this shouldn't be done like this because nobody wants to wait an extra second to pick up something specific or other actions. Instead I feel like there should be an extra button which should be pressed with your left finger, in order to instantly activate the 'right mouse key' on your phone. This would skip the one second waiting time. This would solve the problem of waiting an extra second all the time, because this is what I thought would be most frustrating in OSRS Mobile. I hope it's clear what I'm trying to say :p
Maybe you've already implemented this, or maybe not. Anyway, good luck building the app! Really looking forward to fish for a quarter once I wake up in bed or kill some abby demons while going to class hehe

George

04-Dec-2017 13:00:18

The contents of this message have been hidden

28-Dec-2017 16:55:46

Quick find code: 380-381-421-65949230 Back to Top