Forums

Wilderness & PvP Improvements

Quick find code: 380-381-367-65887036

Fluency

Fluency

Posts: 39 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I thought there was this goal of making influence of affected groups greater on polls so minorities in the community can still be catered for.

Re poll the lvl 1-5 bh targets and give it a 50 bh kills requirement to vote. The current situation is a pain in the ass for pretty much all bh pkers, the only reason it didn't pass is because of non pkers voting.

02-Mar-2017 11:00:47

Icycle

Icycle

Posts: 2,478 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
Regarding all the "fine update but when can we have XYZ?" questions, we have a pretty long list of things players have requested. We've spent the last month knocking out dozens of the small ones (including that poll that's just finished) since we'd spent so long being unable to take requests like that during the Raids project. But we do want to move onto some of the medium ones again.

Is there a place players can go online to see what's on the list and what isn't, or do you think it's better for the community and/or game if players don't have access to that?

02-Mar-2017 11:09:32

Providential

Providential

Posts: 1,099 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"With the update to Motherlode Mine veins in the upstairs area, players were using the change to cause annoyance for other players. We have made some changes to mitigate this. "

Could you elaborate on this change as in mechanics, etc if that's ok?
C(h)vt(k)y

02-Mar-2017 11:10:16 - Last edited on 02-Mar-2017 11:10:34 by Providential

Barcy

Barcy

Posts: 4,503 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fluency said :
I thought there was this goal of making influence of affected groups greater on polls so minorities in the community can still be catered for.

Re poll the lvl 1-5 bh targets and give it a 50 bh kills requirement to vote. The current situation is a pain in the ass for pretty much all bh pkers, the only reason it didn't pass is because of non pkers voting.
From the 31-january-2017 poll:
If a poll question only affects the gameplay of certain players, should we only allow those affected players to vote on it? In order for an update to be polled to a specific part of the player base, it would need to truly be exclusively a change to only that community. If it provides an advantage over other players or a change which impacts the wider game, it would still require approval from the entire community.
Yes
66.4%
No
33.6%

Polled and failed, wont happen.
I could brag about my achievements down here, I just choose not to

02-Mar-2017 11:10:56

Teequoze
Jan Member 2018

Teequoze

Posts: 791 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could revenant caves be added on there original spot in the Wilderness?

Maybe they could be given regular drops? Like nice quantities of herbs/armour or maybe new armour?

They would make a nice money making method, and good place for pking both for clans in all sizes and would be good for single pkers aswell.

I remember revenant caves as one of my favorite pk spots back in the day and im pretty sure more ppl would support them.
Maxed CB on 09.02.2017
Maxed total 25.05.2022
Member of divine kings #1 PvP clan , clan chat "DK Army".

02-Mar-2017 11:15:58 - Last edited on 02-Mar-2017 11:17:28 by Teequoze

Fluency

Fluency

Posts: 39 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Barcy said :
Fluency said :

From the 31-january-2017 poll:
If a poll question only affects the gameplay of certain players, should we only allow those affected players to vote on it? In order for an update to be polled to a specific part of the player base, it would need to truly be exclusively a change to only that community. If it provides an advantage over other players or a change which impacts the wider game, it would still require approval from the entire community.
Yes
66.4%
No
33.6%

Polled and failed, wont happen.

The problem is, that this poll was also subjected to the influence of the majorities. Why would they ever vote to allow minorities as pkers to have sole influence in any update? Why not stomp the poll so they can stomp all future polls too.

02-Mar-2017 11:17:13

Teequoze
Jan Member 2018

Teequoze

Posts: 791 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
For rev caves themselves, the real question is what kinds of items players would be willing to see dropped in there if we made such a cave. The mapping is not a problem.

Wow Mod Ash your comment made my day really looking forward to seeing rev caves next!

The drops is idd another question.
Maxed CB on 09.02.2017
Maxed total 25.05.2022
Member of divine kings #1 PvP clan , clan chat "DK Army".

02-Mar-2017 11:20:54

Icy Pokemon

Icy Pokemon

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
Regarding all the "fine update but when can we have XYZ?" questions, we have a pretty long list of things players have requested. We've spent the last month knocking out dozens of the small ones (including that poll that's just finished) since we'd spent so long being unable to take requests like that during the Raids project. But we do want to move onto some of the medium ones again, like more Wilderness content.

For rev caves themselves, the real question is what kinds of items players would be willing to see dropped in there if we made such a cave. The mapping is not a problem.

If there is a large amount of support for specific rewards via a reddit suggestion would that suffice as enough incentive to poll Rev caves along with rewards?

02-Mar-2017 11:23:47

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Providential said :
Could you elaborate on this change as in mechanics, etc if that's ok?

Yeah. Previously, the vein would stay there for a period of time, no matter how many people got ore from it, and then it would despawn when the time ran out. Which looked a bit odd, and "people" didn't like it doing that, even if it was a statistical increase in ore output compared to the original behaviour.

Now, when the time runs out, the vein doesn't despawn immediately. Instead it despawns next time someone gets ore from it, so you don't see the veins despawning without anyone getting ore.

Teequoze said :
Could revenant caves be added on there original spot in the Wilderness?
Maybe they could be given regular drops? Like nice quantities of herbs/armour or maybe new armour?

Like I said before in this thread, the mapping isn't a problem. However, whatever gets dropped in there would need to be worth it for people to go. If players are up for new armour, that's fine by us. Or if some other unique drops can get agreement, that's good too.

I would strongly prefer it to be something unique - whatever can get enough support - rather than just trying to do huge dumps of resources or coins.

02-Mar-2017 11:23:55 - Last edited on 02-Mar-2017 11:25:04 by Mod Ash

Icycle

Icycle

Posts: 2,478 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fluency said :

In addition to what Barca stated, I don't think non-pkers are responsible for that not passing (at least not for downvoting it out of spite), since many other content ideas did pass (actually, this PvP poll was pretty mild in the "add content to entice non-pkers into the wildy" department (aside from the , which I greatly appreciated.

Looking at the poll question and its results, I'm guessing it was due to one these factors:
-Not a lot of people know what Bounty Hunter IS, so it's hard to tell if it's a good idea or a bad idea before looking it up (which could explain the remarkably high % of voters that skipped that question).
-Among the pkers interested in pker-v-pker fights (rather than pker-v-skiller or pker-v-PvMer), I've seen some of them say they want more reasons to explore the majority of the wilderness to fight (rather than just levels 1-5 near Edgeville). This update would've been the opposite of that, so maybe those pkers didn't like the idea.
I'm GRATEFUL to this poll now, though. I now understand what Bounty Hunter is and how it works much better now. And I can confidently say that I LIKE BOUNTY HUNTER :)
It's only in one world and there's no non-bounty-hunter incentives to use the wilderness of that world, so only pkers should be in the wilderness in that world. BRILLIANT!

02-Mar-2017 11:24:03

Quick find code: 380-381-367-65887036 Back to Top