Forums

Dev Blog: Deadman Changes

Quick find code: 380-381-335-65843565

Norb
Mar Member 2024

Norb

Posts: 5,502 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mains use boxing accounts to protect them in DMM. These boxing accounts deal no damage and keep the main from having to deal with PKers.

Your new "solution" just opens the doors for further abuse. Mains will still have boxing accounts but they will just occasionally splash on them or whack them with flowers to keep both accounts out of combat.

Solution: Boxing accounts can be attacked if they aren't dealing X amount of damage per Y seconds. Play with the X and Y variables until legitimate players aren't affected by the PJ timer but people with boxing accounts are.

A legitimate player wont be PJed if he's dealing at least a little damage to his opponent.

19-Oct-2016 22:11:13

Bulli xD

Bulli xD

Posts: 36 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While boxing needed to be fixed, this is not an effective solution.

1) Boxing is still not fixed because accounts can splash back and forth, use flowers, etc.

2) While you can escape from clans, it strengthens clans by making members unkillable (they can stop fighting, safe up, then friends can pj)

This was a step in the wrong direction. Instead, make it so that people de-aggro/can be pj'd if there's not a certain amount of damage per second occurring. Upon reading these updates, I'm leaving dmm. Although I love it, you've just strengthened clanmanmode

19-Oct-2016 22:20:30

lstreetcredl

lstreetcredl

Posts: 48 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am feeling positive about the changes. I hope when the pj timer is tested during live time, we can make it even better to avoid boxing.

** I always wanted to suggest allowing real runescape quests and diaries to be carried over to Dead Man Mode. One it will encourage questing and diaries to be done and two it would bring Dead Man Mode right into the PVP aspect. I think for a season it would be so much fun if people who never use blitz or barrage in dmm can use it against the people who always have. **

** Taking out zulrah was a awesome idea and maybe holding off barrows for the first 7 days? **

19-Oct-2016 22:56:09

Zulkaras

Zulkaras

Posts: 39 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What about first skull is 5-10 minutes and every key adds 5minutes additional. And before you can start logouting you have to be out of combat so this will just affect teleporting. And next pj mechanic will make for people easier to escape from combat because there are agility courses and other things which delay combat.
And finally, can we have completed quests most of the quests ? people really don't like questing over and over again.

19-Oct-2016 23:02:38 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2016 23:14:01 by Zulkaras

Mr KO

Mr KO

Posts: 463 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the changed, BUT! there is more to it than just pjing and teleporting etc.

One reason I dont play deadman mode is because of the grind it is (still) 5x the xp is good but not good to keep me resetting every 3 months good.

My suggestion: New players, anyone that starts at lvl 3, on the new dead man seasonal, should be given 10X the xp rate for 6 hours of gameplay.

New players after 1 week should be given 10x for 12 hours (with 6 hours protection combat protection)

I can't keep grinding and grinding and grinding when the main game is already a grind. This deadman seasonal should feel like Im just trying to kill people not worry about grinding all day.

19-Oct-2016 23:04:58

Mr KO

Mr KO

Crazy Blade4 said :
More changes you should consider. Allow us to save more skills from being lost in death, both combat and non combats.

Reducing skull timer is a great idea. Personally I can never skull up because its way to risky, and being a novice at pking and not having a clan makes it impossible to ever think about skulling with a 30 minute timer.

You guys should consider making other changes as well, maybe more safe zones? More places for people to safely make some money and train stats. Please make more changes, you are going in the right direction, just need more changes for more people to continue to play throughout the season.

Thank you.

I agree, saving more skills is a necessity for me to come back.

+1 COMBAT SKILL AND +1 SKILLING

Not everyone is the best in game and can make enough money to protect HP.
50 HP should be free, and then after should be charged for protection.

19-Oct-2016 23:08:32

RoT cc

RoT cc

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Will you guys ever change tournament dates. December 12-17 isn't a good date because that during school finals. Is there any way you guys can make it after those dates? This has been a huge problem in hosting tournaments in horrible dates. The only good tournament you guys ever hosted was the summer deadman tournament.

19-Oct-2016 23:09:49

Mr KO

Mr KO

RoT cc said :
Will you guys ever change tournament dates. December 12-17 isn't a good date because that during school finals. Is there any way you guys can make it after those dates? This has been a huge problem in hosting tournaments in horrible dates. The only good tournament you guys ever hosted was the summer deadman tournament.

I agree no way in hell am i going to be playing that week! finals > rs!!

19-Oct-2016 23:14:01

Qarr
Mar Member 2024

Qarr

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You say you want to encourage pking but these teleport changes will make it even worse.
With instant teleporting pking is already difficult with anyone paying attention able to escape instantly. Currently if someone gets to a ladder and constantly goes up/down its hard to kill them if teleports change to 4 seconds it will be basically impossible.
If you bring the teleport timer back to 4 seconds you need to make it so there are no instant teleports even if you are out of combat, you must time down 4 seconds, like the current log out timer.
I feel like a bigger issue than the 30 minute skull is the exp lost on death if it was reduced to 25% for skulled players that would be a better solution. I dont think its the 30 minutes thats the issue, its the hours of xp you have to retrain when all your xp is halved. But of course a shorter timer will encourage pking.

19-Oct-2016 23:52:52

Quick find code: 380-381-335-65843565 Back to Top