Forums

Dev Blog: Deadman Changes

Quick find code: 380-381-335-65843565

Crazy Blade4

Crazy Blade4

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
More changes you should consider. Allow us to save more skills from being lost in death, both combat and non combats.

Reducing skull timer is a great idea. Personally I can never skull up because its way to risky, and being a novice at pking and not having a clan makes it impossible to ever think about skulling with a 30 minute timer.

You guys should consider making other changes as well, maybe more safe zones? More places for people to safely make some money and train stats. Please make more changes, you are going in the right direction, just need more changes for more people to continue to play throughout the season.

Thank you.

19-Oct-2016 15:43:25

Tearanewone

Tearanewone

Posts: 29 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would you guys consider changing multi zones so that a max of 3 players can attack a single player at a time. Would make certain areas and quests (I'm thinking about mm and when attempting to go through certain common multi zones) actually playable without having at least a 50% chance of dying. I'm liking these changes, and am wondering when they'll be implemented. Thanks :) Scapin since '07

19-Oct-2016 15:51:42

Memberr
Jan Member 2024

Memberr

Posts: 627 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
4 Seconds log out timer will make pking way too hard, please keep it at 10 seconds.

I prefer the current pj timer to the one proposed too, right now single combat is single combat, this change would make clans overpowered again. Boxing is a cheap way to escape, but getting someone to box with will be easier now people can pj again.

The skull changes are good, I like them. But please don't do the pj/logout timer changes.
Zaros is evil: "Zaros plainly requested the use of twelve legions of demons. (..) Zaros offered the secrets of travel between the worlds, to allow the Chthonians to devour whole new races rather than be reduced to preying on each other." From Sliske's Memory

19-Oct-2016 15:53:34

Leipzig

Leipzig

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could we have an update on the tournament? Do you still have to be in the top 2k when the season ends (which will be when, end of October?) and could you give at least an approximation of when the tournament will be?

19-Oct-2016 15:54:22

S8S

S8S

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
why not make that all players need to wear atleast 3 or 4 items to fight eachother, so if a player attacked a player that had under 3 items that he coudnt attack back . more risk = more fun :) woud be good so those pj woud risk something when theyr fighting back ;)

19-Oct-2016 16:39:50

dontgetrekt

dontgetrekt

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can you answer these scenarios with the new PJ timer? (assuming i'm skulled):

1). A high level clan member starts attacking me, but I manage to get out of combat by repeatedly going up and down a ladder and I attack someone my level. If he doesn't fight back does that mean I can just be attacked by the original high level player?

2). I skull up to kill some un-skulled player. Of course they don't want to die, so they stall me and go up and down a ladder. Can they teleport after 4 seconds? Trying to kill someone unskulled when they are going up and down ladders is hard enough already, but will be an 100% success escape tactic if you use this PJ timer.

What actually needs to be considered is:
-Capping combat stats to 70 for 1 week (the start is the best time and this creates an even playing field for casual players)

-Blocking barrows for 2 weeks (as well as removing barrows tabs)

-Removing lava dragons (43 prayer, 60 mage (arena completed), 200k+ bank in first 2-3 hours?? this one is obvious...not to mention the amount of visages entering the game)

-Warrior guild needs to be a safezone with 1x xp (1 clan can camp the guild all worlds????)

-Safezone guard infinite freezes need to be the standard 20 second barrage (guaranteed death if your frozen outside the safezone and someone else is there and you don't box)

-Trade needs to be removed again (virtually removed muling, and decreased swapping, fishers and woodcutters actually had supplies collected in the bank)

-DON'T USE THIS PJ TIMER (the current one is better than the one you suggested if the scenarios above are true)

19-Oct-2016 16:41:44 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2016 16:57:58 by dontgetrekt

Lavine
Jun Member 2016

Lavine

Posts: 350 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is a terrible idea. This will just make boxing more viable.

So the first change is 10 second PJ timer being reduced to 5 seconds and both players have to be in combat otherwise the other guy cant get pjed off. Thats terrible and counterintuitive. Thats gonna make it like back in the old days where you can just get pjed off, since youre not locked in combat so thats gonna be so cancerous and this will just benefit clans. So lets assume b0aty (a solo pker) wants to take on a clan in edgeville bank he will attack a guy for a bit, if the guy he is figthing decides; nah i dont wanna deal with this, then he will just avoid attacking b0aty for the 5 seconds and then one of his several clan members will jump on b0aty instead allowing the person b0aty was fighting to escape. And to mention another scenario, if b0aty or some other dude is having a regular 1v1 fight, and the other guy is like: im outta here, then he can avoid attacking b0aty for 5 minutes then he can bring his boxing alt AND HIT B0aty OFF thus escaping because hes not locked in combat!

19-Oct-2016 17:15:20

Drunking

Drunking

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good job, especially skull timer. But you are ignoring main issue. If you are in a clan you are invulnerable, there is no risk of dying, no exchange of wealth between players, clans just kill everyone, camp their skulls without any risk of dying then swap and repeat. Personally i would love dmm to be more fast-paced game where EVERYONE dies. I don't wanna see long bank fights where no one dies it's just damn boring. Make game risky for everyone.

No banking when in combat + 30s-1min immunity after the kill. Game would be full of short fast fights with almost guaranteed kills, casual players would have a fighting chance because anyone could be killed before clan or bunch of bald boxers rolls in, maybe clans would stop camping banks and fights would be the same anywhere on the map.

No trading idea this season showed that you are looking at this swapping/trading issue completely wrong way. You don't just ban it or say you can't do it, people will always find a way. If you wanna do something actually usefull about it. Add an npc to swap between games so that everyone would have an equal chance and opportunity to use it. Now people are getting scammed left and right because they have to trust trade random people if they want to keep up. Monitor it and present people with best possible product. Swapping and trading is main reason why most people join the game. I believe that's what you want isn't?

Remove xp loss when unskulled or at least add increased xp rate until you reach lvl u had before.

Make lava dragons single combat or block it for first few days.

And, come on, fix door glitching already it's just embarassing now.

19-Oct-2016 17:28:15

Quick find code: 380-381-335-65843565 Back to Top