Forums

The Abyssal Sire

Quick find code: 380-381-224-65687827

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Bhaskar said :
What happened to the smoke battle staff buff?

I've done the coding for it, but it got prioritised under the Abyssal Sire so hasn't got through testing yet.

Eagle Eye said :
I got a question: you know Deadman mode will this be a diff server the same as RS3 has a diff one to darkscape or will it be added to Old School?

This, I think:
Terry said :

Yes, it will be a separate server from the regular osrs servers. Items/EXP will not cross between the two, but you will be able to use your current accounts and membership without having to make a new one.

Insomniac_XX said :
I know it is a little off subject but was the death timer ever considered for a poll/ polled?

The extended duration of items on the ground is something we didn't poll. We just did it when the DDOSing got really bad. When the situation improves, we expect to put death back to normal.

We will, at that time, be open to polling permanent changes to death if people want us to, but I'm personally opposed to keeping the current behaviour where most untradeables get protected automatically.

Boom said :
I presume any progress made on the Deadman mode beta at runefest will not be saved? :( Either way I'll see you there!

Correct, you'll be using test accounts. And yes, I'll be there :)

EllingerMain said :
I've given up waiting on the rest of resizeable mode features.

We promised Zoom, and we have delivered it.
Ian has been working on something to scale up menus and text, so that players with 4k monitors can play without the text being miniscule. However he's had to put that aside for a bit while he works on other things. I look forward to him being able to continue.

01-Oct-2015 19:40:09

Longaxe
Jun Member 2017

Longaxe

Posts: 10,300 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As someone else already mentioned, it kind of feels like an over-saturation of new weapons and equipment lately that devalues older stuff. Can we expect any tangible non-boss/non-weapon introducing updates in the future? Like quests, or new locations.

01-Oct-2015 19:47:03

Stinkowing
Jun Member 2006

Stinkowing

Posts: 1,199 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bag of Sour said :
this is ridiculous, as a non-defence based runescape player it's almost as if the focus of the game is the main community. adding so many new weapons into OLDSCHOOL runescape seems a bit redundant imo, the name should've been new-age oldschool runescape due to the fact that the only thing that's the same now are the graphic's(yet again my opinion). zulrah is currently one of the only non-defence based boss and we zerkers/pures are getting sick of these, main, defence based bosses... slayer is also a main based skill, and most of the new bosses are slayer creatures, is this becoming mainscape?

-bag

I laughed at this way harder than I probably should have. I don't think there was ever a moment when RS was being made overall that Andrew Gower said "you need to keep your level low to be able to access this content"!

It has been this..."mainscape"...you speak of for forever. Pures get VERY few concessions; said concessions exist, but the game does not center around pures!

On topic: Oh look another boss. Whee**eee. Cool that it exists, but it does not affect me in the slightest. Can we stop with so many Slayer updates now?
Oh, I almost forgot.
Oh, I already forgot.

01-Oct-2015 20:58:53

RNGreed

RNGreed

Posts: 332 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My issue with not instancing slayer bosses is that it discriminates against those with even slightly worse internet connections, 50 more ping is all it takes to ensure that you aren't ever going to kill the boss with people around. Its not a fair competition, its based solely on things outside of the players control.

01-Oct-2015 21:53:27

H4iden
Feb Member 2013

H4iden

Posts: 116 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stinkowing said :
Bag of Sour said :
this is ridiculous, as a non-defence based runescape player it's almost as if the focus of the game is the main community. adding so many new weapons into OLDSCHOOL runescape seems a bit redundant imo, the name should've been new-age oldschool runescape due to the fact that the only thing that's the same now are the graphic's(yet again my opinion). zulrah is currently one of the only non-defence based boss and we zerkers/pures are getting sick of these, main, defence based bosses... slayer is also a main based skill, and most of the new bosses are slayer creatures, is this becoming mainscape?

-bag

I laughed at this way harder than I probably should have. I don't think there was ever a moment when RS was being made overall that Andrew Gower said "you need to keep your level low to be able to access this content"!

It has been this..."mainscape"...you speak of for forever. Pures get VERY few concessions; said concessions exist, but the game does not center around pures!

On topic: Oh look another boss. Whee**eee. Cool that it exists, but it does not affect me in the slightest. Can we stop with so many Slayer updates now?

@ Bag Of Sour: If you make your account into a pure design of any kind, you do so knowing your account will be limited in the things that it can do. Personally, I enjoy the added challenge that being a Berserker Pure brings. If that's not enough for you, try making your account more unique so you're not just the typical ranting pure (this is coming from a long time pure/zerk, get over yourself).

@ Megalovania: People ask for them, people vote for them, people reply to the Dev Blogs and attend the live streams. You are one person, you are not the entire RuneScape population. Stop asking Jagex to change what they add when everything they add is based on player wants.

OT: Sweet :)

02-Oct-2015 00:03:25 - Last edited on 02-Oct-2015 00:03:55 by H4iden

KungFuGarden

KungFuGarden

Posts: 753 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bag of Sour said :

-bag

The focus of the game has always been the 'main' community. I don't understand how that's confusing. There are all the skills there are cause they're meant to be trained and used. Being a 'pure' isn't something that was built into the game or necessarily planned. I like the concept of pures, I even have one, but cmon. Pure's work for some situations and they're fun but there's reason and cause that they're so limited - namely that they're a form of emergent gameplay. Allowances made for them are okay but never should the game be built around them. That just wouldn't make sense.

02-Oct-2015 02:03:12 - Last edited on 02-Oct-2015 02:04:43 by KungFuGarden

straya slaya
Dec Member 2016

straya slaya

Posts: 2,894 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please fix the drop table of this boss.

It takes quite some time and a lot of supplies to kill this boss and its drops are garbage quite frankly.

1 Air Talisman? are you kidding me?

I'm aware there is a chance to get Abby dagger and bludgeon etc but you should at least break even on supplies until you get those items.

Because soon those items won't be worth a great deal.

02-Oct-2015 03:01:05

Quick find code: 380-381-224-65687827 Back to Top