Forums

Dev Blog: Training Sailing

Quick find code: 380-381-211-65665642

Shojo Dagger
Mar Member 2012

Shojo Dagger

Posts: 544 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zone 88 said :
this is not the point of bring back osrs you are destroying it with junk like this and the GE

No, that has already happened with the use of that "OSbuddy" garbage at least 95% of OS players are using. Most OSRS players [evidently] don't actually want to play OSRS, or else they wouldn't be using OSbuddy. (I am in the 5% that actually plays & enjoys OS without 3rd-party cheating apps)

Personally I like the unique content they're bringing to OS, it makes it a more distinct game from RS3, so that OS can actually stand on it's own two legs, rather than just being a necro'd code copy. Adding the GE was a QoL improvement, tbh.

As for sailing being the "death" of the game: No, a dead game is one that no longer receives new content or development.

NetHack is an example of a dead game. The devs haven't revised anything in it for years, & there's no indication that they ever will. It's still played & enjoyed by many, & there are various "forks" of it in active development, but NetHack itself is still "dead".

Think of Latin, a "dead language". But it's still in use, so why is it called "dead"? Because it's no longer growing or changing, no longer receiving new words or usages, no longer "alive". English is a living language, it's still growing & changing, still getting new words & usages added constantly.

If they stop developing OS it will become a dead game.
It will die, first developmentally & then as people get bored with it's never changing content, they will quit playing it. With no-one developing it & no-one playing it, then it will well & truly become a dead game.

New OS content won't kill OS, it will keep the game fresh & alive!

I would like to see sailing in OSRS, however I would not want it put into RS3. I would like it be unique content for OS only.
I don't think it fits in RS3 anyway, with PoPs it would just be redundantly useless. A PoPs update to let us actually visit the Wushanko's would be better.
What we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly, it's dearness only that gives everything it's value.

05-Sep-2015 18:11:53 - Last edited on 05-Sep-2015 18:16:02 by Shojo Dagger

IRL Grandma

IRL Grandma

Posts: 119 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hate it.
OSRS is going the way of RS3. I left RS3 because of the ridiculous amount of content that kept complicating the game.
I depend on Tears to help train my runecrafting and construction skills; one because it is so time-consuming , the other because it is so expensive to train. (Actually, both very time-consuming for my ironwoman account.)
There is little choice about training a new skill. It skews one's entire game. A new skill will take away the Tears. A new skill will set back all my goals for other skills.

However, I am still waiting impatiently for a new quest. I've had the cape since about 2 months from the start of OSRS. All 3 of my accounts, 10 year old account, Greatgrandma, and even Iron Gammy (member for 6 months) have quest point capes. Come on, stop with all the new content, and give us some quests.
Let Wild Horses and Grandmothers run Free.

08-Sep-2015 13:18:48 - Last edited on 08-Sep-2015 14:41:57 by IRL Grandma

Vx GAS

Vx GAS

Posts: 149 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We need a new skill regardless if it's Sailing, personally i think summoning would be too OP and ruin the game. RS3 combat is what ruined the game. Point blank. Not summoning. Just made farming easy and messed up the GE fragile market.

Make a NEW MOD POST about a NEW SKILL please, you're literally killing people with the suspense JAGEX

17-Mar-2018 16:58:36

Quick find code: 380-381-211-65665642 Back to Top