Forums

Dev Blog: Training Sailing

Quick find code: 380-381-211-65665642

Norb
Mar Member 2024

Norb

Posts: 5,502 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I want Sailing to happen so badly that it hurts. :P

I'm not fond of the concept that most of the xp comes from building ships. I'd rather see the game focused more on the actual exploration aspect. Instead, I think construction and crafting should tie heavily into the building side of things. You don't necessarily need high levels in these skills to build high level ships, but you build them with less materials and faster the higher they are.

25-Aug-2015 16:21:01

Pendual

Pendual

Posts: 101 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Norb said :
I'm not fond of the concept that most of the xp comes from building ships.

Where did they say this in the blog? I can't find anything about ship building offering the best exp rate especially when it takes ~30mins to build (likely only one ship at a time).

25-Aug-2015 23:03:29

Jesus Reignz

Jesus Reignz

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i think this is an amazing idea.. im not sure how much you guys can do with this.
but (just personal opinions) I think it would be pretty cool to have like run ins with the kraken or enemy pirate ships and have to fight them off with your cannons. also maybe at some point you could add in clothing that you can only acquire from sailing and exploring which would be like treasure trials armor just for the looks and to feel a sense of achievement.possibly different sets that could only be obtained from different levels of sailing and maybe with exploring you could find chest with them in it or a rare boss encounter who has a chance of dropping some awesome high level pirate/sailing gear. even something like treasure trails but treasure maps and in the chest you could find resources for your ship like cannonballs. and while exploring you could have a chance to find an island that has quite some resources like maybe you could find a bunch of magic trees and you could have like an inventory chest on your ship so say you want to stay at this island for a bit and chop magic trees and store the wood in your ship chest. or maybe even you find an island with dragons or some npc* that you could camp for a bit and have to bank your loot onto your ship chest. which maybe these islands you could only stay there for a certain amount of time possibly because a storm comes or creatures from the sea come to attack it and you must flee or be destroyed as the island is about to be aswell even from tidal waves.
(these are just personal ideas I don't plan on seeing them make it anywhere but I figured since im thinking about it I could put this in here maybe something from this will trigger an idea for someone else. also forgive me if my grammer isn't that good)
another idea maybe you could somehow unlock crew members like skeleton members or kraken men that you could only get by having like 70 sailing and 100 kraken kills anything with achievement not just by level!!!
DMM4LIFE

26-Aug-2015 06:44:45 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2015 06:51:33 by Jesus Reignz

Jesus Reignz

Jesus Reignz

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
some of the most epic stuff would have to be acquired not only by level but also completing a task to acquire it for the feel of achievement and doing something no one else has done. maybe you could show off your ship or unlock rare head pieces for it or flags from a sailing boss drop or obtaining so many chest finds or killing so many rarely found pirate minions or monsters that you find like 1/100 islands. even having to obtain like 3 key pieces or just 3 keys that you get from potentially finding in a chest or you can get 1 piece from certain bosses. (these are all simply ideas to spark more ideas!) or say you run into some island that's volcanic and find some never before seen obsidian men or just regular pirates that have some awesome obsidian armor or abyssal armor which you have to fight there boss and he could drop a obsidian tunic or abyssal tunic, pirate hat and boots which could either have armor stats or could just be for looks that you've acquired and want to show off to your friends but in order to get this armor youd have to have like 75 or 80 slayer (just ideas) and like 75 fm to even have a chance to encounter this island which also you'd need 70 sailing or somewhere in there.
after seeing the amazing look of the Cerberus and how well you guys did the colors of him and the pet dog I just can see a vivid image of some amazing looking clothing with those colors and an island found that is volcanic looking and so much more!!! these are all dreams! but if anyones finds any of this interesting im posting this for you to get ideas and brainstorm for some better ones. I don't see these going anywhere but they could help a lot!!! I have so many more ideas! but also I do not know the capabilies of what can and cant be done.

I AM EXTREMELY EXCITED FOR SAILING!!!! CANT WAIT! :) (hopefully some awesome lava/abyssal/obsidian armor/clothing that some skeletal/kraken/gargoyle pirates on a volcanic/death/skully/wasteland island will drop will happen!)
DMM4LIFE

26-Aug-2015 07:13:36 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2015 07:17:32 by Jesus Reignz

DNA-Master
Mar Member 2024

DNA-Master

Posts: 1,424 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You guys say we will gain access to new resources. Please dont bring in something thats gonna ***** up the current ingame prices. Dont add a fish that heals more than shark cuz shark prices are already screwed cuz of botting. Dont add a new ore otherwise soon people are gonna want new armor, which is gonna be hella overpowered again like torva.

I love everything else about this skill tho. cant wait

31-Aug-2015 22:08:45

Jon008

Jon008

Posts: 10,239 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is an absolute waste of development time. Sailing was not brought into the game last time it was all talk. This is a pointless skill and the dev teams could be working on other things players actually want. However, I know all to many will vote for it and then complain about it later. Bring on EOC. IF YOU'RE TIRED OF STARTING
OVER
, STOP GIVING UP

03-Sep-2015 12:43:32

Quick find code: 380-381-211-65665642 Back to Top