3. This is important
4. This is very important
5. This should be a priority

3 Low level PvM content
4 Mid level PvM content
1 High level PvM content
3 Low level Skilling content
4 Mid level Skilling content
5 High level Skilling content (Smithing rework please)
2 Low level quests
2 Mid level quests
2 High level quests
5 QoL updates
3 Old school designed clan system
1 PvP content (I have almost no interest in PVP)
5 Giving players more tools to contribute directly to the development process
5 Solo content
2 Group content

As you can see from my answers I am most interested in non combat skilling content and least interested in PVP and group content.

If a clan system is introduced to Old School, I do not think it should be a copy of the RS3 clan system as there are some things which are not working well in RS3 for clans.

1.) There should be no citadel. These take a lot of development time and provide very little benefit to players.
2.) If a citadel is made, capping should be able to be done through regular game play, and not require players to go to their clan citadel to cap.
3.) Transfer of clan ownership needs to be smoother, quicker, and easier for when a leader becomes inactive for a few months. The highest rank, regardless of rank, should be able to become the leader. If no admins are active, there should be a hierarchy in place that determines who will gain ownership either based on who the current leaders chose, or based on longest in clan.
4.) Setting up clans needs to be easy. You should be able to start a clan and be able to add members without having to meet up, maybe using the friends list to send an invite.
4.) Please no anagogic orts. They are annoying having to pick up small amounts, and then losing them if you change clans doesn't seem fair. It would be much better not to have them, we don't need bonus XP.
Hi.

23-Jun-2015 23:03:13 - Last edited on 24-Jun-2015 06:08:49 by Transcendent

Transcendent

Transcendent

Posts: 35,372 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My greatest priority would be a Smithing update.

The goals would be to produce items at a sensible Smithing level related to the combat level they can be worn or wielded.

Rune items should be kept as valuable and possibly made and used at higher levels, with existing or new materials used at lower levels to fill in the gaps. I would like rune to be some of the best armour and weapons because this is RuneScape, so rune items should be among the best.

I would like for example to be able to make level 10 gear at level 10 Mining and Smithing, and level 90 gear at level 90 Mining and Smithing.

I want the items to be tradeable and profitable, so the materials and the final product should be rare enough to maintain some value.

PVM should not be allowed to devalue Mining and Smithing through drops.

The best Armour and Weapons should be made through non combat skilling and be highly profitable and tradeable, and only rarely dropped form monsters.

A player who Mines and Smiths should not be required to boss fight to be able to get materials to make items with their non combat skills, though monsters could be an alternative way to get resources, it should not be the only way.
Hi.

23-Jun-2015 23:14:35

Life Cycle

Life Cycle

Posts: 1,137 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Enough updates, Fix the game, then do updates. FIX THE GAME. Every dev blog splashing/nmz is talked about. FIX IT. I meet 120's that know absolutely nothing about this game. Its a joke. Paid 35m for 99 magic to get it called splashcape. Servers and ddosing. Jagex you have enough on your plate as it is to fix. Tbh i hate paying *7 a month for a game that gets ddosed and the company does nothing to fix it. Quit being stingy with all the money you make from us and fix the servers!
-
R.I.P Gidget<33
-

23-Jun-2015 23:38:51

Life Cycle

Life Cycle

Posts: 1,137 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also how are you going to have arma's magic attacks hits based on range defence? How are you going to poll that? ITS A BUG THAT SHOULD OF BEEN FIXED. Got a 4man spectral last night. 7m split -.- what trash. You have devalued spectrals. Good job.
-
R.I.P Gidget<33
-

23-Jun-2015 23:44:52

H4iden
Feb Member 2013

H4iden

Posts: 116 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
- Fix current problems. 11 pages in to this topic and a large portion of the posts are about fixing the issues already in game. Just do it.

- High level prayer update: Doesn't have to be curses, there have been plenty of suggestion topics on OSRS OF and Reddit regarding quite useful implementations for high level prayers that cover balanced combat and even some uses for skilling.

- Firemaking. Make it useful. Whether this be in the form of the "Adze" requiring a high FM level as well as a bit of intense interaction for a quite useful skilling tool, or some form of tiered unlocks combining with other skills, find something. Make something. Put up a suggestion topic for FM alone, see what people come up with. This skill is seriously like DG on RS3, has no purpose as a skill.

*Insert flame bait here*

- Stop punishing people. If a person wants to be a level 3 skiller, they obviously know they will never be able to use a Dragon Pickaxe/ Dragon Axe special attack for bonuses. They know there is a lot of unlockable content from quests that they can't utilize. Why hate on someone who restricts their account for enjoyment by dampening their accomplishments with something that would ruin their account? Prime example being head mounting. I know it was polled recently, but it shouldn't have been. There is no reason for there to be defence experience gain for mounting heads when there is no REQUIREMENT to gain/use defence when receiving the drop. Simply remove it from the game. It serves no purpose. You don't get defence exp after an Elysian drop at corp. You don't get magic exp from lighting a yew log. You don't get farming exp from sailing to Karamja. You don't get bonus slayer exp from killing someone in the wilderness. Why should you HAVE to get defence exp for showing off an RNG based accomplishment? It's nonsense.

24-Jun-2015 03:03:00

Clawdragons
Jan Member 2023

Clawdragons

Posts: 4,565 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe one of these days I should dust off some of my old suggestions and see if they have a hope in 07scape, considering how much focus there is on player-designed content and opinions. I still think some of them hold up rather well.

Anyway, I'll say this. My highest priorities are... Despite being a noob, mostly high leveled content in general. Anyhoo, in no particular order:

High leveled prayers. Benefits stop at 70, essentially, which is dumb.

High leveled quests. Grandmaster quests and that. Would be nice to have at least a couple of those I think.

Firemaking content at all levels. Firemaking is sort of pointless. RS3 was doing a good job making it less pointless, and there are lots of ways to go about making it less pointless, I think, but something should be done. Again, maybe I'll dust off one of my old suggestions in this regard.

QoL updates. There are some obnoxious things - like, why does my character try to use items with players that can't be used with other players - like, say, raw fish, for instance - when I'm trying to use a fire or forge. That's obnoxious.

Woodcutting training areas. It is silly to me that willows and teaks, unlocked at level 30 and 35 respectively, are the fastest training at all levels.

A number of other skills (Hunter comes to mind) are not doing terribly at all when it comes to skill content, but could still use their higher levels filled out a bit.

And then, my absolute, number one priority, that also happens to be a completely lost cause: Summoning. Having creatures that fight by my side and give me unique benefits was my favorite part of the game. I would love the Summoning skill to make a return in some form - and not just in the form of boss-pets. Again though, I recognize that this is a lost cause - it won't come up for a vote, and even if it did, it probably wouldn't pass. Nonetheless, it would be the single greatest thing that you guys could do for my enjoyment of the game.

24-Jun-2015 03:14:24

dubomb2112

dubomb2112

Posts: 698 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
High level prayers. Some possibilities include some sort of mini game reward shop or perhaps new prayers purchased in the bounty hunter shop or additional prayers unlocked with kings ransom. New prayers need only be modest updates for prayer, however.

For example a buffed version of piety for warriors while and range/mage prayers slightly stronger than those currently available for mages and rangers. a range prayer that offers 17 or 18% range and def bonus/ 17 or 18% mage and def bonus. These might be purchased from the BH shop while a slightly buffed version of piety would be available as well.
Survival of the fittest

24-Jun-2015 04:41:58 - Last edited on 24-Jun-2015 05:18:48 by dubomb2112

Clawdragons
Jan Member 2023

Clawdragons

Posts: 4,565 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Looking through it, high leveled prayers does seem to be a recurring theme. I am going to update one of my older ideas and throw it up in the suggestions after all. It was based on the poison waste dungeon existing though, so it'll take some... modification.

24-Jun-2015 05:01:16

Quick find code: 380-381-191-65641607 Back to Top