Forums

Dev Blog: Deadman Mode

Quick find code: 380-381-187-65635935

I Am Defil3d
Nov Member 2023

I Am Defil3d

Posts: 63 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love you Defil3d ^_^ You actually care about the game! I'm here again to support you... This is a stupid idea and a waste of our dev time just to kill our player base.

+1 CANCEL THIS :@

Formerly Joy said :
Deadman Mode will divide our player base further, kill our current PvP, and offer highly punishing mechanics which will ultimately have players quit the game!

Dividing The Player Base:

We have the standard Runescape account and by bastardized popularization we introduced Ironman Mode, and the absurd Ironman Mode. Currently we don't have enough players to fill our worlds, or their content. Zeah is on its way! We can't afford to split our player base further.

Our Current PvP Is In Trouble:

PvP is currently no risk, no reward, and always being ddosed. If you introduce Deadman Mode and people leave our current PvP it will die out. Furthermore, Deadman Mode will become ddosed like current PvP.

Player WILL QUIT:

Let's transition perfectly into the ddos issue. Players will be punished to the point of no sympathy. All of their beloved work will be gone and so will their admiration for this game.

Do you really want to do this!? Just because Mat K said it was a cool idea on stream? Should we let the game as a whole suffer for the mistake of one person? Let's see, why is this familiar? Oh, right, Evolution of Combat and Mod Mark. Our game has quickly dropped from 50K to 40K player base. Our game has made a 10,000 USD PvP tournament to try to hype PvP. PvP is already in trouble as is all of our unfulfilled content. Please CANCEL this terrible update before it's too late. I get people are blinded by hype, but maybe they should take a second to consider the risks this update will bring.

10-Jun-2015 18:58:03

Sharia Lore

Sharia Lore

Posts: 1,287 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jimbei said :
I'm not a huge fan of this mode. I'd much rather prefer speedrounds with increased xp rates, depending on how long the rounds last - only a few days, a week or maybe 2 max. Length and xp rates rotating after every round to keep it fresh.
This is a competition purely for highscores, to see, who can get up the highest in a limited amount of time. Winner of these rounds will have their name on the top of the highscores for this round forever. Or maybe set different goals every round to spice it up a bit.
The game I played before discovering RS offered one of those speedrounds alongside their normal game and it was the most fun I ever had.

Maybe consider asking the community if they'd like this?

I wouldn't like that. I think something so temporary would be boring in such a grind focused game. I like the idea of deadman mode, i just can't see how it would get a player base. Same with your mode though. So i'd still vote no.
And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

10-Jun-2015 19:00:18

Formerly Joy

Formerly Joy

Posts: 2,401 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Richard Rich,
I'm not over reacting. I'm showing I actually give a damn by speaking out against it. I actually PvP unlike most of the people who support this idea.

Youjo,
You sure? I see nearly 50% or more disagreeing with this update. Fear of change?! I'm in fear that we're about to split our small player base with another mode. Think of how much dev time we're wasting? Think of what COULD come out of this used elsewhere? This is going to single handily kill PvP.

10-Jun-2015 19:01:13

Formerly Joy

Formerly Joy

Posts: 2,401 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh btw, notice a trend? A small handful ask for easy XPscape. In other words let's make a second Old School private server? We already have those guys. I don't at all recommend you go play them, but I certainly don't recommend you ruin our current server.

Don't like the game? Don't play it. But do not ruin PvP and divide our player base especially right before Zeah. An update so massive our player base will be divided regardless of the good to come from it.

10-Jun-2015 19:03:10

Sharia Lore

Sharia Lore

Posts: 1,287 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Formerly Joy said :
Richard Rich,
I'm not over reacting. I'm showing I actually give a damn by speaking out against it. I actually PvP unlike most of the people who support this idea.

Youjo,
You sure? I see nearly 50% or more disagreeing with this update. Fear of change?! I'm in fear that we're about to split our small player base with another mode. Think of how much dev time we're wasting? Think of what COULD come out of this used elsewhere? This is going to single handily kill PvP.

If it passes, that means 75 percent of players will want it, that's including PvPers. You are overreacting because you are comparing this to the EoC just to look get attention. Just like you are doing with your color spam (which is really annoying btw. If people want to read your post they will read it, you don't need to blind everyone.) If you are the minority, then who is to say you really care about the game? You? That sounds a bit funny.
And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

10-Jun-2015 19:03:25

BioMasterZap
Jul Member 2014

BioMasterZap

Posts: 2,542 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Formerly Joy said :
Deadman Mode will divide our player base further, kill our current PvP, and offer highly punishing mechanics which will ultimately have players quit the game!

Kinda ironic. Back when OldSchool was still a concept, I know some players who used the "dividing the community" as a reason it shouldn't exist either...

Although, I do understand your concern with PvP. But personally, I don’t think it will have that huge of an impact on it. Deadman is much higher risk PvP and I am not sure how many PvPers would actually be interested in that. I know players who grind their stats to the levels they want to PvP; I don't think they'd want to do that again each time they die. Also, it would be a very different PvP environment than the current one. Imagine how few players will have access to Godswords or Whips.

As for encouraging players to quit...Quit Deadman mode? Probably. Quit OldSchool altogether? Less likely. Players know what they are signing up for when they make a Deadman account and if it gets too frustrating for them, they may very well stop playing it. But that doesn’t mean they will stop playing OldSchool entirely; if anything I'd say players are more likely to return to the main OldSchool where their stats and bank are safe on death after getting upset with deadman.

10-Jun-2015 19:03:38 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2015 19:04:26 by BioMasterZap

Quick find code: 380-381-187-65635935 Back to Top