Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

xHomeStylex
Jan Member 2018

xHomeStylex

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I say yes to everything, but @Mod Ash, you guys really need to go on the worlds and start doing mass bans on all the bots at flesh crawlers in Stronghold of Security, there are always 4-6 bots there at a time. All wearing the same gears. It's quite annoying trying to farm ranarrs and have to deal with mass bots, I've been reporting them more than 5 times each, and nothing happens, and they are all using, and yes I'm going to say it "PowerBot". I get messages from people all the time in-game telling me the website for it. It's the most common bot out there. But this stuff is ridiculous to have to deal with 4-6 bots on almost every world except for the f2p worlds, if you don't believe me go onto any members world and go to Lv35 Fresh Crawlers, Second Floor south east corner of Stronghold Of Security, they all wear the same armor, Adamant with rune scimitar and sometimes with pieces of mithril armor in the mix, or rune with chainbody and med helm, with the rune scimitar again. Ridiculous.

11-Jan-2015 09:39:32 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2015 09:47:13 by xHomeStylex

funky justie

funky justie

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
yes the GE please all vote yes i have been waiting for so long the GE is going to make pking and skilling more fun, because you dont have to searth for a player who sells you stuff.

11-Jan-2015 10:14:21 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2015 10:14:51 by funky justie

Fox King
Jul Member 2013

Fox King

Posts: 2,645 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Of course i do support this change.
As a new way to improve the trading system on OSRS, it seems to be more efficient than the actual systems. Which are the 'Trading posts' and of course the Player-Player trading method.

My first impresion of seeing the new about 'Grand Exchange' on OSRS was.. Lol... But i know right now that is not what i expected. At least not all i expected.

Making OSRS more easily to get items from trades by players, instead of buying from an automated system like the actual G.E. is on RuneScape.

My suggestion for this, even if this does not pass the vote filter, is to have the old buildings of the Grand Exchange, at least just to meet people there, with the trading posts. Personally, i like the old Grand Exchange building. That building represent much more than a meeting place for me, so nostalgic, and so much.. nostalgic.. yeah.. ..... ....... well.

Im waiting impatiently for the vote round.

El~Rey~Z
orro
the wisdom of my words, come from my own balanced mind.
Do not trust on your own tricky mind. Just... make it useful.
The FOX King.

11-Jan-2015 10:22:41

Fox King
Jul Member 2013

Fox King

Posts: 2,645 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
funky justie said :
yes the GE please all vote yes i have been waiting for so long the GE is going to make pking and skilling more fun, because you dont have to searth for a player who sells you stuff.

Lexian said :
Please don't ruin 07scape with the G.E. :(

Don't worry, the G.E. system they want to introduce its just, shortly, to improve the trading posts. With a Hub place located in Varrock NW. It won't have the same function of the actual G.E. on RuneScape.
the wisdom of my words, come from my own balanced mind.
Do not trust on your own tricky mind. Just... make it useful.
The FOX King.

11-Jan-2015 10:25:25

Mr Flibber

Mr Flibber

Posts: 974 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really dont see how the trade window through the trading post would solve anything.

Same world? Stupid, who is required to hop? the person with orion? the buyer? the seller?

Must be in a bank? Also stupid, why should I leave a slayer task to sell some unfired bowl to some lazy person who wont even make it himself.

Implement the GE, turn off offline trading if need be I really dont care, but make it automatic so I dont have to be in a bank the entire game. Bank skills arnt that fun.

11-Jan-2015 10:38:51

Zamorak Mage

Zamorak Mage

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes pretty much to everything except G.E.

Lazy people will sell their resources cheaper just because they are lazy thus making money while real players who value their work will be neglected.

People who don't play RS will have their trades completed while even logged out.

I won't mention bots because their existance depends only on jagex and players who report bots (i hope).

Trade post needs a buy option but only to be available if a certain seller is online.
So someone can't sell an item unless he/she is online.

Trade post doesn't need maximum buy limit, if a player has enough gold he should be able to buy as much as he wants. That will make sellers equally required. If a person sells 100 pieces of some item for price of 10000gp per item to a buyer, it shouldn't mean that the same buyer can't buy 100 more for price of 10500gp from another player who valued his work more. Otherwise players are forced to sell that item for 10000 and become manipulated.

Etc, etc....

~ H R

11-Jan-2015 10:51:25 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2015 11:36:03 by Zamorak Mage

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top