Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Gendrick 1
Nov Member 2023

Gendrick 1

Posts: 61 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
OK for the last time!!!! IF you WANT THE GRAND EXCHANGE THEN PLAY RS3 WHICH ALREADY HAS it. WE DO NOT NEED THE GRAND EXCHANGE you GUYS ARE MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE AS LAST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-Jan-2015 00:48:33 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2015 00:49:13 by Gendrick 1

Am31ster

Am31ster

Posts: 517 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
LISTEN JAGEX. The only people voting for GE in oldschool are people WHO ARE NEW TO OLD SCHOOL. listen to your fans who have been around longer than the fans who are new. old school was meant to be old. keep it that way, keep your true fans who were always loyal to you and ditch the ones that are wishy washy and demand new things constantly.

11-Jan-2015 00:54:13

Jaakko H N
Mar Member 2014

Jaakko H N

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Big NO To G.E. It has nothing to do whit OldSchool and it will ruin it. If You G.E Guys want a G.E, Go play Rs3. If the G.E goes trough the poll, i bet there will be huge amount of OS players who will unsub his membership. Don't ruin Oldschool whit such stupid thing..

11-Jan-2015 01:19:56

ManOf Faith

ManOf Faith

Posts: 1,026 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here's what I gather.

We want a better trading solution, We don't want a single centralized GE,

Why can't each trading post work as a ge if its introduced? Seems simple enough.

My opinion is altar the trading post so we can receive item/gold through the system? Can't do it? I am sure there's another way to code it look into that. We need an auction style trade system just look at ebya vs craig*list.

As for MMO's go, WoW has the best auction house/Grand exchange ever made. It works perfectly. Anyways I hope we don't get the same thing we have in rs3.... This was suppose to been right before that and purposely picked that way for a reason. SMH

11-Jan-2015 01:37:23 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2015 01:38:41 by ManOf Faith

PurpleOrAFK

PurpleOrAFK

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Make you pay 50k to get items back if you die at zulrah. If you want to do this, you might as well implement it into every other boss in the game. For example with God wars, you have 10 minutes to get back which can be done easily with a key. But I don't see a poll for doing this with every other boss. Maybe put a timer on 10 minutes to get your stuff back from her. This idea is flawed severely.

To summarize, i'm not saying that there shouldn't be a 50k payment to get your stuff back, i'm saying that the 10 minute death timer at the moment enables you to get back to any other boss. Add 50k to get back to other bosses if you die at them aswell as the risk of dying to Zulrah is the same as the risk of dying to a godwars boss at the moment or any other boss for that matter.

11-Jan-2015 01:45:29

Mecob3
Jan Member 2024

Mecob3

Posts: 124 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In short, the GE is the worst content update to ever hit Runescape because it devalues every aspect of the game and makes Runescape's endless expanse of content unappealing to ever get involved in other than the sake of raising that number to 99.

Having resources and items more difficult to come by encourages players to explore these branches of content themselves - not for the sake of a number, but because it actually means something on their journey.

Having everything spoon fed to you like some incompetent baby doesn't promote game play at all.

11-Jan-2015 01:48:25

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top