Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Diggydug1

Diggydug1

Posts: 4,603 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wnp said :
Diggydug1 said :
Wnp said :

it has everything to do with it. you are talking about/voting for content that will be in the version of the game. and from what i can see you don't even play it. so with that being said leave the opinions and decisions on people who it will affect. simple, not trying to insult you directly but being honest.

So if people's total levels don't meet your standards they don't play much?

My total level was never high relative to the time I played, but I cared very much about the game. Stuck with it f2p before deciding to fully quit. Voting with my wallet, in a sense. Does that make me a less valuable player? Probably not considering I have money and Jagex is a business.

no my concern is people read these forums and base their opinions on what they see others saying, and with that everyone is entitled to their own opinions sure. but if you play the game once on release for a weekend and quit and now forums rant. i do believe that their opinion should be taken with a grain of salt

That is exactly what is happening, but moreso in favor of the GE, I don't see your problem, you insulted someone for their total level as if their input is worthless.

Go ahead and look at all the levels I haven't leveled up. I'm skeptical about playing now because of my stance on the GE, why waste my time? I'm only just giving it a shot again but I'm active on the forums to see where the community's at. Worthless me though!

09-Jan-2015 22:56:11

Kronus31
Oct Member 2023

Kronus31

Posts: 99 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
it has everything to do with it. you are talking about/voting for content that will be in the version of the game. and from what i can see you don't even play it. so with that being said leave the opinions and decisions on people who it will affect. simple, not trying to insult you directly but being honest.[/quote]

Im sorry that i just came back to OSRS after having to stop for personal reasons? you didn't start out with a 1k+ total level, so please shut up. and by the way, when you go to judge someone like that over a damn video game. and why keep your profile secret then judge others?
Lol.

09-Jan-2015 22:56:58 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 22:57:13 by Kronus31

Wnp

Wnp

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kronus31 said :
it has everything to do with it. you are talking about/voting for content that will be in the version of the game. and from what i can see you don't even play it. so with that being said leave the opinions and decisions on people who it will affect. simple, not trying to insult you directly but being honest.

Im sorry that i just came back to OSRS after having to stop for personal reasons? you didn't start out with a 1k+ total level, so please shut up. and by the way, when you go to judge someone like that over a damn video game. and why keep your profile secret then judge others?
Lol.[/quote]
this is an oldschool forum and you are trying to search me on rs3. exactly my point. ty

09-Jan-2015 22:59:16

Jelle654
Jul Member 2022

Jelle654

Posts: 872 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wnp said :
Diggydug1 said :
Wnp said :

I don't understand how ge makes the game easier. merching will be done regardless

Easier does not directly correlate to merching, easier is relative to how people acquire items which applies to training.

Every tradeable item in the game is accessible from a single location at a very set price. If that's not easier, what is?

and why is this bad for the game?

Because the game was not designed around this. The GE discourages people to play to game as it way intended. Where you either had to invest time in doing things yourself or cooperate with other player to achieve goals.

09-Jan-2015 22:59:32

Dangermouth
Sep Member 2018

Dangermouth

Posts: 2,427 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For those who want items for quests, etc. Back in the day, wasn't the point to get the levels to do quests and then with the levels you could get the items?

Questing = incentive to train = better character = more fun in game rather than grind (for what purpose?) = ready for harder quest, etc.

Really, some elements of 'Ironman' or as we used to call it DIY-ing should be considered the default for how to play the game.

09-Jan-2015 23:00:27

Croyde

Croyde

Posts: 830 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would personally like to see changes to the trading post.
However either could work.
The main problem imo is with price checkers as this will stimulate merc* clans through having set median prices to follow. With price checkers come price charts, with charts comes EASY manipulation.

Just sayin...

09-Jan-2015 23:00:48

Wnp

Wnp

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jelle654 said :
Wnp said :
Diggydug1 said :
Wnp said :

I don't understand how ge makes the game easier. merching will be done regardless

Easier does not directly correlate to merching, easier is relative to how people acquire items which applies to training.

Every tradeable item in the game is accessible from a single location at a very set price. If that's not easier, what is?

Because the game was not designed around this. The GE discourages people to play to game as it way intended. Where you either had to invest time in doing things yourself or cooperate with other player to achieve goals.

the game was first made intended to not have a bank at all. should we of stayed with that option or should we update certain things?

09-Jan-2015 23:01:02

NZ Sheeps
Dec Member 2018

NZ Sheeps

Posts: 10,342 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With the trading post (if the GE fails), I'd like to see an additional question:

Should a players Private Chat be forced to 'All' when placing a sell off in the trading post.

I feel a lot of the problems with players who place an offer and leave their chat on private is more due to oversight than a conscious decision.

09-Jan-2015 23:01:17

Gulma1

Gulma1

Posts: 597 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NZ Sheeps said :
With the trading post (if the GE fails), I'd like to see an additional question:

Should a players Private Chat be forced to 'All' when placing a sell off in the trading post.

I feel a lot of the problems with players who place an offer and leave their chat on private is more due to oversight than a conscious decision.

Ya, there are lots of troll offers trying to get people to sell lower than market price.

09-Jan-2015 23:04:27

Diggydug1

Diggydug1

Posts: 4,603 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wnp said :
Diggydug1 said :
Wnp said :

Economically it inflates every item in the game. Currency value drops. Raw items lose value rapidly as they flood the market. Immediately after, finished goods drop as they flood the market.
Need any tradeable at all? Buy it at the GE, no problem. Trading was a big part of the game back before the GE, why shouldn't it? Should most items in the game be so readily accessible? That's against what fantasy games from RS's time were like.

In terms of community it puts majority of the server population in one single area, killing the rest of the server. It becomes less an MMO and more just an online grindfest and we see how that goes.

09-Jan-2015 23:06:15

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top