Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

The contents of this message have been hidden

13-Jan-2015 14:19:06

DrHilarious

DrHilarious

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Firstly, let me just say I am for the G.E., but with good reason. Currently in OSRS there are a lot of merchers that already manipulate prices, and they always will. To institute a G.E. would help the community more than it would hurt it. People who need to train herb will need a large amount of supplies, same with fletching, fire making, and cooking.

My second point is that it will drop scamming rates to almost 0. Along with the rest of you guys I have been scammed on OSRS. It's sad to see it, but it will always be there without the G.E. Granted, people could just be smarter and check the screen, but people don't sometimes and probably won't ever learn. With the G.E. player to player trading will be almost eliminated completely. Therefore lowering the scamming rates in OSRS.

My final point on this G.E. expansion is the "Pre EOC worries". I have seen a large amount of people saying that if the G.E. comes to OSRS then it will be EOC. The G.E. was released November 26, 2007. It was not an EOC update, nor close to EOC. Currently in OSRS when I trade anyone from the trading post for skilling supplies, I see how many things they are really selling, the merchers are already here. The G.E. does have it's downsides of merching and price manipulating, but are we going to shoot down the idea of it simply because we don't want rich merchers. I think not, I think that if we give it a chance, and let Jagex do the work that needs to be done to get it as close to perfection as they can get it, then, and only then will we all be happy. That is my opinion and fact rant for the day.

Thank you,
VOTE YES ON G.E.

13-Jan-2015 17:40:25

Sprackk

Sprackk

Posts: 48 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Didn't even read the new dev blog first, don't mind me I'm just an idiot. Hope the G.E. passes and offline trading gets trashed in the poll to come!

Would help greatly if the G.E. were spread out across all banks, shoving everyone into Varrock again would be awful.

13-Jan-2015 20:55:20 - Last edited on 13-Jan-2015 21:03:07 by Sprackk

Slumbridge
Mar Member 2024

Slumbridge

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
if theres a G E you can count on me quiting and a cc of 11 others as well. sorry jagex i didn* want updates to 07 with new content i wanted 07 to be 07 with some of the convenient interface options provided in rs3.

14-Jan-2015 02:32:45

Tiny Boop

Tiny Boop

Posts: 204 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Updates such as corporeal beast or the snake boss are ruining the old school feel of the game, the players saying that the grand exchange would change the old school feel of the game are probably the trade scammers, or people who just enjoy sitting around trading all day, instead of playing the actual game. I work all day, and I'd like to be able to sell stuff while I'm offline, so when I come home I don't have to sit here trying to buy the things I want for hours on end.

14-Jan-2015 09:44:42

Apple A Day
Jul Member 2023

Apple A Day

Posts: 289 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As a player of over 10 years, and the many changes I've seen to RS.. I'm in absolute favour of the Grand Exchange coming to Old School RS. I think it's going to further the player base, as well as allow players to worry less about buying/selling to focus more on playing the game and enjoying the content.

However!

I would honestly love to see the Grand Exchange moved to Falador .. This would a great nod to the famous world 2 trading grounds in Falador park.. I'm not saying put it in Falador park, but somewhere in Falador would feel right at home. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say Falador has felt pretty lonely ever since the trade world had be lost since the introduction of G.E.. Varrock is great, but a nice change in geographic placement of G.E. could be a great way to reintroduce the update.

Food for thought! Hope it goes through!

14-Jan-2015 16:40:22

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top