Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Coffex

Coffex

Posts: 2,839 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Question: Should we introduce the Grand Exchange? The trading post would be removed and replaced with a Grand Exchange building north-west of Varrock.
A 'Collect' option would also be added to every bank.

Yes I think the grand exchange that you have thought up and planned in this dev blog to release to 07 would be a fantastic update! To the CoinShare/LootShare system all the way to being able to buy anything you need almost instantly (if you want to pay the price). Many stress that the downsides will be price manipulation and with some items they will be right. But still players know how hard it is to get unpopular items from other players and most pay overprice anyway & sometimes if you need bulk it can take days and weeks to get x amount of an item. So I think the good outweighs the bad by a long shot. Although if this was a serious main concern I quite like the ideas that the OldSchool team has suggested for the trading post, it's a bit less convenient but has more safety on item prices. Aside from that the CoinShare/LootShare system that will be brought alongside G.E. would greatly benefit PvMer's. It's a constant stress for PvM clans & teams to trust members to split a item between the team such as an elysian sigil for example when it's already been agreed to split before they receive the item. It would cancel out the risk of getting scammed but also with LootShare will give everyone a even ground for receiving loot overtime instead of the highest combat stats receiving the drop most of the time. Would certainly bring more life back into PvMing.

Question: If question 1 fails, should we update the Trading Post to hide offers from players who've set their private chat to Friends or Off?

Yes as it is extremely annoying to see 5-10 offers of a item you want to buy and only having half of them online to actually buy it from them. Also a lot of people put offers up to price manipulate then turn PM to off or simply get off the game.

10-Jan-2015 09:52:00 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 09:52:12 by Coffex

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top