Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Yaay 1 Def
Mar Member 2024

Yaay 1 Def

Posts: 30 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hamessuhn said :
I am an old school player myself and I have been waiting ages for this update to arrive!

I know that there are a lot of players that are discouraged from getting back into old school because of the current trading mechanics.

So... yes the issues arise that there will be crashes and profits, losses and gains, but overall I am super stoked that this update is within reach.
Free Player to player trading was one of the main draws of the older versions of runescape. Why would you want to change that? Especially with Zybez and the Trading Post. The latter just needs tweaking and its fine.

13-Jan-2015 01:24:57

Hadz

Hadz

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
People keep saying that they want OSR to stay old school. but what is a game without constant updates and new features? It'll just get boring and THAT'S when people will actually start quitting. For those saying that G.E isn't old school, it was infact released 26 november 2007. Which fits in the name 'runescape 2007' dont you think? People also are complaining that it will remove player interaction.. Go to world 301 and see all the player interactions happening in varrock west. You lag from the amount of spamming that is happening. The only player interaction you have is when the seller asks what item you want and you reply with the item + amount. For a poll as big as this to fail because of 1% (74%-26%) will be unfair for those who actually want the G.E.Personally for me i think the grand exchange is the way to go. and to confirm for those who don't know how to read, Jagex are NOT setting price limits etc. This poll has 33k votes and counting on the first day. You'd think that it's reasonable to introduce the g.e if we get 74% and not the passing rate of 75% compared to the past polls of 17k, 20k votes etc..

13-Jan-2015 03:40:30

The contents of this message have been hidden

13-Jan-2015 05:24:29

Akeepman

Akeepman

Posts: 83 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just do not understand people that vote no for ge, but voted yes to afk nmz and splashing... hellooo, It's oldschool? Nice attack cape! how long did it take? well just a few hours afk'ing @ nmz while i was sleeping... :S

First I really do not wanted the ge, but now while using zybes and the trading post, i see not much disadvantages. I voted yes, but feel good for both ways.

13-Jan-2015 10:18:58

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top