Forums

October - The Month Ahead

Quick find code: 380-381-105-65490323

Edgy Autist

Edgy Autist

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
OldMongoose said :
You can very easily get 60 rc just from quests, lamps, and Tears of Guthix. Isn't Ironman mode about building a self-sustainable character? And if you want to level crafting, why can't you kill dragons for their hides and bones, which you need anyway for prayer? 57 crafting - minimum level required for crafting d-leather - is very easy to get via making jewellery of all kinds and bowstrings, which you also need to make for fletching. What do you need 99 rc for?

No. No you can't. RC quests are abyss miniquest, the second quest in the proselyte series, eyes of glouphrie, and What Lies Below. You can quest the majority of 1-38, but beyond that it would take a really long time to get 60 rc from lamps and tears, plus you're missing out on the astrals for superglass make, nats for alching, laws for teles/portals, and cosmics for charging air orbs.
Also my initial thought on this account was to train crafting via d'hides. But you don't really realize how frickin long it takes to kill 27 dragons (with looting bag) bank them for just 27 hides... 1674 crafting xp per 15 minute trip. That doesn't even include the time it takes to tan and craft them. And as far as long term crafting goes, that's so ridiculously bad. Good luck getting 85 crafting for a fury at 7k xp/h when you factor in the time to get the hides.

My point of my rant is that this game is supposed to be fun. Forcing iron men to compete with bots to buy soda ash and sand and then go mine a minimum of 40k ess isn't fun nor is it a challenge. It's a needless grind. Realistically getting ~1500 casts of superglass make/h at nmz is not at all overpowered, in fact, it's terrible knowing you still need to superglass make then craft into orbs then charge then attach to staves. Even with nmz the process of getting 75 crafting took me almost a week (for just 1m xp, and I no lifed) and I'm having a very hard time mustering up the resolve to get 30k more p ess from nmz.

04-Oct-2014 01:02:06

Edgy Autist

Edgy Autist

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^So I can't even imagine how bad it will be for these official iron men accounts who have to do everything I did only take even longer. It's just so ridiculously unnecessary. It boils down to it just being not fun in any way shape or form. This is a game. You shouldn't have to go grind something monotonous for a very long chunk of time for no reason.

04-Oct-2014 01:04:13

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,342 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That ironman armor looks better than most armor that existed in 2007, that's for sure. I'll probably be trying RS3 ironman if/once they finally update the quest bosses there to not suck. It's kind of tempting to do it for OSRS where the bosses are properly balanced, but I've already lived that once, and you guys don't have most of my favorite quests like While Guthix Sleeps and the cave goblin series finale for me to look forward to. Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

04-Oct-2014 01:59:27 - Last edited on 04-Oct-2014 01:59:58 by Lego Miester

Phazite

Phazite

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
OldMongoose said :
You can very easily get 60 rc just from quests, lamps, and Tears of Guthix. Isn't Ironman mode about building a self-sustainable character? And if you want to level crafting, why can't you kill dragons for their hides and bones, which you need anyway for prayer? 57 crafting - minimum level required for crafting d-leather - is very easy to get via making jewellery of all kinds and bowstrings, which you also need to make for fletching. What do you need 99 rc for?

^^ This!!
I see this mode as a challenge to make a self sustained character. Money will pretty much be useless in Ironman. People need to think differently on how to obtain these high levels than you would in the regular game.
If your going for a maxed character wouldn't you mostly skip law runes? Sure they give more exp but if your goal is maxed out then you'd focus more on natures for alching all those bows you'll have from getting 99 fletching anyways.
I'm looking forward to this.. I haven't seriously played since EoC and just started membership to get my feet wet again. Once the update is live I'll definitely be making a new account and playing full time on that.

04-Oct-2014 02:28:14

Threat
Sep Member 2020

Threat

Posts: 10,054 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ronan said :

<li>Players can only use solo nightmare zone and the shop should only allow them to buy the imbued items</ul>

Does this mean that iron man accounts won't be able to buy overloads, absorption potions, etc. from the NMZ shop?

04-Oct-2014 04:12:18

Threat
Sep Member 2020

Threat

Posts: 10,054 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
IronNoBank said :
Yes were you expecting potions without herblore levels?

First of all, I don't plan on doing iron man. But anyway, secondly, these potions can only be used within NMZ and you can't make them yourself, so I think it's a fair question.

04-Oct-2014 17:55:26

Zishan Z

Zishan Z

Posts: 752 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can you write down on the first page, or respond here, whether or not the iron man accounts will have their own high score ranks? I remember hearing about that and I want to know if it's for sure going to happen because I would like to fight for high ranks on an iron man account.
Meow

04-Oct-2014 20:18:36

Zishan Z

Zishan Z

Posts: 752 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I also agree with needing to be able to use NMZ points for pure ess and some other supplies like seaweed and buckets of sand. There are a lot of bots making it too hard for us to gather sand and seaweed on our own, especially when a lot of us will be trying to gather this. Pure ess is also in my opinion an unnecessary grind for iron man players who are most likely going to be paying for an additional account to play this awesome game. Only allowing nmz to imbue rings that we won't even be able to get until months later on an iron man account is a waste and makes me think that it might not even be worth it to pay for another account.
Meow

04-Oct-2014 20:32:36

Quick find code: 380-381-105-65490323 Back to Top