Forums

Azzanadra is dissapointed...

Quick find code: 341-342-897-65351242

Pizzahatt1
Dec Member 2011

Pizzahatt1

Posts: 220 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm really sorry about what I said, I'm just tired of seeing this meme everywhere and I wasn't thinking straight at the time - that was definitely way too harsh.

Azzanadra is my favourite character and it deeply pains me to see him becoming more and more unpleasant, some recent examples being the implication that he killed Nabor in Kindred Spirits and him being a flat-out racist in Sliske's Endgame. This meme probably doesn't have anything to do with his characterisation, but sometimes it feels like it (like when he's disappointed you didn't sacrifice Eluned). I feel like I'm just helplessly watching my favourite character turn into a villain.

Again, sorry for earlier. You didn't deserve that.

13-Mar-2018 20:24:39

Allarla

Allarla

Posts: 786 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Azzanadra is disappointed that your favourite character is not Zaros. :P

Okay, okay, I'm done joking.
On a serious note: it's okay. :) Tbh I thought it was going to be another this-is-a-stupid-joke-that-stopped-being-funny-years-ago-and-I-never-liked-it-anyway-so-nor-should-you type of rant, and talking about being tired of things, well, this is it for me. :P I mean it's okay if someone doesn't find this funny, but there's no need to bring down others who do have a bit of amusement out of it. That's the only reason I made that remark, 'cause I just couldn't let it pass without any comment, so that the person writing it could think that they were right, because no one challenged their post. But I'm glad that it turns out that this was not the case with you, and I really appreciate that you said you were sorry and even gave some explanation why you said what you did, not just bashed the thread without any valid reason.
However, I agree with Spongy, it's really just a joke, no need to take it that seriously. I mean it is based on some "truth", with actual lines from the game and partially because of Azzanadra's personality, but it's a sort of parody in a way, and as such, it's exaggerating things. So just chill out and don't get too upset about it, if I may give you some friendly advice. ;) And this comes from someone who also really likes our favourite Pontifex Maximus. :) For me, this thread was always like teasing a dear friend, making a bit of fun of them, but never in a hurtful way, 'cause hey, it never meant I don't love them still. And I personally find it amazing that this silly little thing actually made it into the game, it adds a teensy bit of personal connection to it for me, along with a few extra laughs. :) But I would say that while this is added to the game, it's definately not the thing that changed the portrayal of Azzanadra quite drastically lately. Some of his in-game lines just coincidentally go "I'm disappointed", not because of this thread.
The Green World Guardian of Guthix and of Gielinor

13-Mar-2018 22:26:25 - Last edited on 13-Mar-2018 22:32:07 by Allarla

Bandosian
Dec Member 2019

Bandosian

Posts: 901 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
...that I sabotaged Zaros during Fate of the Gods. Seriously though what was up with him in Sliske’s Endgame? Especially with Moia.
"I see a world where there is no need to flatter and deceive: where power is there to be taken by those with the strength to do so." - Bandos

15-Mar-2018 01:50:37

Bandosian
Dec Member 2019

Bandosian

Posts: 901 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said :
Bandosian said :
...that I sabotaged Zaros during Fate of the Gods. Seriously though what was up with him in Sliske’s Endgame? Especially with Moia.
with moia, but with char too

I forgot about that one, thanks.
"I see a world where there is no need to flatter and deceive: where power is there to be taken by those with the strength to do so." - Bandos

15-Mar-2018 19:33:47

Allarla

Allarla

Posts: 786 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While I can see why you guys might be upset with him, it seems to me that people tend to forget about the fact that though a nicer one, Azzanadra is still a Mahjarrat (being quite a few thousand years old and among the most powerful of his kind btw). No offense there, just pointing this out as it may put things in a different light for you if you give it a little more thought from that point of view.
Don't misunderstand, I also went quite a bit "WTF?! O_o " over the things he said in SE, but after I gave it some time, it actually started to fit in the picture, and ended up adding a few extra layers to Azzanadra's personality, instead of just bringing him totally down in my eyes. That might be just me though, of course, but I really do suggest that you guys give it another go, and try to think it through "from the other side", taking the whole 'being-a-Mahjarrat' thing into consideration. ;)
Not 100% that it will work, but it might bring in some understanding towards him. :) (And the game devs who came up with those lines. :P :D )

Back on track:
Azzanadra is disappointed that "I have disappointed Azzanadra." is not listed among the possible crimes that you can confess in the new quest. :P :D
The Green World Guardian of Guthix and of Gielinor

17-Mar-2018 15:41:20 - Last edited on 19-Mar-2018 22:23:19 by Allarla

DJ Nathaniel
Feb Member 2009

DJ Nathaniel

Posts: 275 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Azzanadra is disappointed that you guys are mad at him for having character development and seeing that he is just a mortal as well and has flaws and hate hybrids, and dislikes pointless dancers that might distract his god from the plan. If there's a boss I can slay it if there's a skilling pet I can find it!

09-Apr-2018 16:05:34

Kittiwarrior

Kittiwarrior

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
DJ Nathaniel said :
Azzanadra is disappointed that you guys are mad at him for having character development and seeing that he is just a mortal as well and has flaws and hate hybrids, and dislikes pointless dancers that might distract his god from the plan.
I'm disappointed that he's a step away from massacring a city or ripping wings off when he used to be a decent person

char liked him, and she wouldnt have done so if he'd been the person he was in SE

'oh, and btw he also kicks puppies' is not character development

11-Apr-2018 07:18:41 - Last edited on 11-Apr-2018 07:19:21 by Kittiwarrior

Quick find code: 341-342-897-65351242 Back to Top