Azzanadra is dissapointed...

Quick find code: 341-342-897-65351242

Allarla

Allarla

Posts: 786 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said :
maybe I'm a sociopath...
Aaaaahhh!!! *runs away screaming* :D
Joke apart, okay, that's how your mind works, as I said, it's fine. Just always try to remember that there might be other kind of minds out there. ;)

Maiden China said :
ah... just because it isn't officially supported dosn't mean it's *against* canon, it just means its an absence of canon, which isn't necessarily the same thing
Of course it's not the same thing, I never said that. But absence of canon isn't "headcanon all the way!" either imo. :) Don't get me wrong, as long as there's nothing that says otherwise, you're free to fill in the empty spaces. It's just that it's for your own self only. :)

Maiden China said :
I don't think it will happen, jagex doesn't really give their characters much in the way of romantic relationships
I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing. I suppose they're trying to stay neutral, so the story isn't 100% given, but a bit more flexible for all players. (Plus it'd be even more dev input required if they did it, but that's another story. :P ) I personally like it, I wish they had stayed neutral on other things as well (*coughcough* player's backstory *coughcough*)

Maiden China said :
I don't hate bookworms, I am one, but if everything in their books is wrong...
I'm not quite sure what to make of this tbh, but hey, what if everything in their books is not wrong, just different? :)
The Green World Guardian of Guthix and of Gielinor

06-Nov-2016 21:17:50

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, I didnt mean I thought it was a bad thing that jagex doesn't realy do the romantic stuff :p
I think it often gets in the way of plot, and whenever it's used it makes platonic relationships seem worth less

I don't like them saying anything about player backstory either, I pretend it never happened :P

Oh, I mean that wahi is supposed to be 'wise' but he's wrong about mah, hes wrong about the muspah, he's probably wrong about the ritual of enervation...
The wise in his name is just put there so he can be an ali and have his ali-name be an anagram of his actual name
Carn

08-Nov-2016 01:57:21

Kemtros
Aug Member 2022

Kemtros

Posts: 5,407 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said :
The wise in his name is just put there so he can be an ali and have his ali-name be an anagram of his actual name

It's the other way around. In a recent stream, they seemed frustrated with his real name, so I think they originally did name him Ali the Wise, and then by the time of Curse of Arrav, they had to figure out what an anagram for that would be.

08-Nov-2016 15:31:00

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said :
Oh, I mean that wahi is supposed to be 'wise' but he's wrong about mah, hes wrong about the muspah, he's probably wrong about the ritual of enervation...

Yeah, he turned out to be wrong but can you really say his conclusions weren't wise?

Here's the text from his memory:

I am not convinced personally the Mother Mah or the Muspah ever existed. Certainly by the time of my birth it had been many thousands of years since a Muspah was supposed to have been seen, and any who made the perilous trek up to the volcano to search for our goddess did not return. The Ritual of Rejuvenation had become an intrinsic part of our culture, one that I believe served more as a tool of political control than of religious purpose. Of course, voicing such progressive thoughts would have been me next in line, so I kept them to myself. While I cannot deny that seismic activity occurs, I am not convinced that it was a necessary component of procreation, nor that the Ritual of Enervation had anything to do with its natural cessation. It had simply become our custom to breed during earthquakes.

Based on the evidence he had available, could you really fault him for the conclusions he drew?

To draw parallels to real life, I doubt many (or any) people believe in the Greek Gods or their mythological monsters anymore despite the many claims of seeing them made back then. Would you really consider people unwise to have doubted those legends if one of those monsters just suddenly showed up?

And given the continuation of the Ritual of Enervation on Gielinor, I'd say he was spot on about it being more politics than religion.

08-Nov-2016 15:55:01

Allarla

Allarla

Posts: 786 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said :
Lynxlynx said :
Azzanadra is disappointed that..... oh wait, that isn't allowed on the forums.....
Azzanadra is disappointed that you didn't champion the cause of zaros in the-
Azzanadra is disappointed that you guys are... well, whatever it is that you're doing right now with this. :P
The Green World Guardian of Guthix and of Gielinor

10-Nov-2016 19:37:20

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Allarla said :
Maiden China said :
Lynxlynx said :
Azzanadra is disappointed that..... oh wait, that isn't allowed on the forums.....
Azzanadra is disappointed that you didn't champion the cause of zaros in the-
Azzanadra is disappointed that you guys are... well, whatever it is that you're doing right now with this. :P
Azzanadra will have to get in line behind my parents

@hguoh
what he's saying comes from a place of logic, yes, I can see that
but... I mean... youre once, that's forgiveable
you're wrong twice, it starts to become a pattern
and if you mention 'rising like a phoenix' three times, no one takes you seriously anymore
Carn

11-Nov-2016 08:50:00 - Last edited on 11-Nov-2016 08:52:34 by Maiden China

Quick find code: 341-342-897-65351242 Back to Top