Forums

Strange Glowing Orb Lore?

Quick find code: 341-342-675-65729493

Padomenes

Padomenes

Posts: 3,662 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you haven't already. To activate it you first take it to the ancient statue on Mazcab then after using it on the statue IMMEDIATELY use it on the blood altar to get a red colour then on the ancient statue again to get a dialogue, as well as activate it.

Anybody got any thoughts on who could be behind the strange glowing orb? Is it a deity? Loarnab, Mah, Xau-Tak, Tuska's consciousness or someone else? I can't exactly remember the dialogue but it mentioned someone who "owns this weak planet" which was the most memorable and important. It knows us the world guardian very well and attacks us for our flaws, literally can see who we are inside out when you listen to it after you have activated the orb when it has turned red at the ancient statue.

11-Jan-2016 13:05:45 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2016 06:29:21 by Padomenes

Avaryss
Nov Member 2023

Avaryss

Posts: 302 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is the dialogue if you wanted to know.

"???: I see you.
???: Everything you've done.
???: Everything you are...
???: You are nothing compared to me...
???: This world... This weak world still shakes with my influence even years later...
???: You do not know the power I've awoken...
Player: Who are you?
As you speak the orb glows more intense and begins to hurt.
???: I am the wind that whips at your skin.
???: I am the earth that will claim your bones.
Player: I.. I don't understand.
???: You wouldn't.
???: Be still [Player Name].
???: Pain...
???: Fear...
Player: Let me go!
???: I can feel it coursing through you.
As the last words pierce your ears, you feel the orb go ice cold."

This is the random text on when you listen to the orb.

"You hold the orb to your ear, you can hear whispers.
???: Return to where it all began...
???: Be still player.
???: Do you not see it? Do you not see me?
???: It does not end here.
???: You are... Unworthy...
???: What a strange creature you are... so fragile...
The whispers dissipate. "

The above whispering dialogue doesn't appear if you have runes in your inventory however because all you get it this.

" ???: I wonder... How do those work?
The orb feels colder than usual. "
"Can you outrun the ground, Avaryss ? Will being a World Guardian stop you from being crushed?" "I will kill basically anyone that has ever brought you joy." - Sliske

11-Jan-2016 13:11:58

Padomenes

Padomenes

Posts: 3,662 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also be noted if there are any runes in the player's inventory it tells you:

???: "I wonder... How do those work?"
The orb feels colder than usual.

Btw wonder what the "Be still (Playername)" could mean? Does the being who controls the orb hate us or is it giving us the hard cold truth? Maybe we could see some player lore?

11-Jan-2016 13:41:54 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2016 06:28:26 by Padomenes

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My guess, is that it's a goebie ancestor who did something (like become one with the plane's anima) to patch up the plane's anima flow after Tuska came, and has something to do with the goebies' change in calling the plane Chantli to calling it Mazcab.

Edit: Or, in keeping with the whole gobies were highly advanced and had robots theme, it's the AI in charge of controlling the flow of anima through the ducts running through the planet.

11-Jan-2016 17:29:07 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2016 17:44:15 by Hguoh

Hguoh

Hguoh

Disput said :
my green strange glowing orb does nothing on the ancient statue :(
got the orb, used it on the statue, used it on the blood altar, nothing :/

You have to use the orb on the statue (the one you use the mazcab fragments on) and it will display a message about the ground rumbling and the orb getting warm.

At this point, you need to use the orb on the blood altar within 2 minutes, which changes the orb into a red strange glowing orb.

Then at your leisure, you can use the orb on the same statue, changing it into a vibrating orb and granting the dialogue.

11-Jan-2016 18:24:44

Baxtorian
Jul Member 2009

Baxtorian

Posts: 6,314 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If any of those, it's Xau-Tak. Tuska was a mindless beast, so was Loarnab(and why would it even have any ties to Mazcab, again?), Elders are in Gielinor or rampaging towards it.

I wonder, why do people think the planet just changed its name? It is the simplest explanation, but the way they speak... "we were on CHantli then we were on Mazcab". Does it sound like "we renamed the planet"?

I'm still thinking it's a new player. What that somebody says fits noone we know really. Someone powerful, with ties to Mazcab, unleashed some power(Tuska?), considers Mazcab worse than others, was somehow weakened and trapped.

Perhaps the Goebies sealed it inside the statue? It is apparently the oldest one in Mazcab and has more to it.

INteresting question is, how did we even unleash it? Was it hidden within the orb? Did we free it from the blood altar? Did we pull it from within the statue then empower it at the altar?

11-Jan-2016 19:30:34

Psychojonas

Psychojonas

Posts: 180 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The way I see it, ??? could be the anima mundi of Mazcab.
I think this because ??? thinks of itself in many forms* and the known spirit guardians, Yakamaru and Xina**to (the tortoise), were formed from the anima mundi of Mazcab.

Original message details are unavailable.
???: I am the wind that whips at your skin.
???: I am the earth that will claim your bones.

To me, this suggests that the anima mundi will unleash 2 new Raids bosses, one based on air/storms and the other based on earth (Xina**to).

I say an air/storm boss as at RF'15 Jagex released concept art of such a boss.
I think the other boss may be Xina**to because when he died/returned to the anima mundi during Call of the Ancestors he has some new examine text - maybe a "dark part" of him will become the 2nd boss.

PS: I am aware that the concept art for the second raids boss shown at RF'15 was a fire based boss, however Jagex may have changed plans on that.
Spirits of Arianwyn - check out our Recruitment thread!

11-Jan-2016 20:15:52

Hguoh

Hguoh

Baxtorian said :
I wonder, why do people think the planet just changed its name? It is the simplest explanation, but the way they speak... "we were on CHantli then we were on Mazcab". Does it sound like "we renamed the planet"?

Because when you question Acca Otot about it, he says:

Acca Otot: The spirit [Tuska] drank deeply of the heart of Chantli. As it did, it shed the Airut from its' skin.
Acca Otot: With each sip from the heart, the ancient spirits, protectors of Chantli, began to wither.
Acca Otot: When the spirit was done, all that remained was Mazcab, a ruin of what once was.

There is no room to misinterpret. Chantli and Mazcab are one and the same.

11-Jan-2016 21:29:34

sir eos lee

sir eos lee

Posts: 11,942 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could be an Elder God (or even like an Echo of Jas).
They created the universe.
They are probably aware of us on some level now.
The reaction to the runestones would make some sense as they would have never needed something like it before.
Now we have an active link to a fragment or even the whole mind of an Elder God?
Keep in mind, devs said that there were technically 6 Elder Gods, 5 material and 1 that could be best described as "not".

Which of them it could be (with probably the exception of Mah) could be wide open to speculation.

12-Jan-2016 00:30:03 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2016 00:33:11 by sir eos lee

Quick find code: 341-342-675-65729493 Back to Top