Forums

Strange Glowing Orb Lore?

Quick find code: 341-342-675-65729493

Aterivus
Dec Member 2020

Aterivus

Posts: 6,733 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
sir eos lee said :
Could be an Elder God (or even like an Echo of Jas).
They created the universe.
They are probably aware of us on some level now.
The reaction to the runestones would make some sense as they would have never needed something like it before.
Now we have an active link to a fragment or even the whole mind of an Elder God?
Keep in mind, devs said that there were technically 6 Elder Gods, 5 material and 1 that could be best described as "not".

Which of them it could be (with probably the exception of Mah) could be wide open to speculation.

The fact the orb repeatedly goes cold after the dialogue made me instantly think of Wen. Perhaps Mazcab/Chantli was a planet created by Wen during the Elder planet-forging escapades. The rather sinister messages it gives you could go very much in-line with Wen being the destructive force among the Elders, what with threatening you that the wind will whip your skin and the earth will claim your bones.

The influence which shakes the world after all these years could be Wen's influence, in some form. Though it may be a bit of a stretch for a cold/ice-themed Elder to create this sort of planet (I assume it was a very green place in its earlier days, something that may seem more up Bik's alley).

Given how the hunt for the Ga'al revealed more about Ful, maybe Jagex is using a similar method in unveiling more about the other Elders. Players have said how this felt like the Ga'al hunt all over again - how much of a stretch is it to have the end result offer us more insight into Wen just as the Ga'al hunt gave us more insight into Ful?
" All great changes are preceded by chaos. "

|
Lorehound
| |
Quester
| |
Skiller
|
PvMer
| |
One Cool Mamajama
| ~
Atty
: Your Favourite Bald Guy

12-Jan-2016 03:24:29 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2016 03:25:17 by Aterivus

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What bugs me about the elder god theory is this line:

This world... This weak world still shakes with my influence even years later...

It seems to indicate that the speaker caused a change in the nature of the plane. In the case of an elder god, however, their influence would have occurred during the creation of the plane. Thus, the elders would have established the nature of the plane as opposed to having altered it. So while the line fits, it doesn't do so very well.

Then there's the line about runestones:

I wonder... How do those work?

As opposed to Wen*ra's dialogue on the matter:

Your frivolous use of magic endangers the Great Task. You and your kind should cease immediately.

If the glowing orb was really letting us communicate with an elder god or something left behind by them, I'd imagine it would be more concerned than fascinated by runes.

In conclusion, I just can't believe that it is an elder god behind the orb.

12-Jan-2016 03:56:03 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2016 03:57:43 by Hguoh

Baxtorian
Jul Member 2009

Baxtorian

Posts: 6,314 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said :
Baxtorian said :
I wonder, why do people think the planet just changed its name? It is the simplest explanation, but the way they speak... "we were on CHantli then we were on Mazcab". Does it sound like "we renamed the planet"?

Because when you question Acca Otot about it, he says:

Acca Otot: The spirit [Tuska] drank deeply of the heart of Chantli. As it did, it shed the Airut from its' skin.
Acca Otot: With each sip from the heart, the ancient spirits, protectors of Chantli, began to wither.
Acca Otot: When the spirit was done, all that remained was Mazcab, a ruin of what once was.

There is no room to misinterpret. Chantli and Mazcab are one and the same.

And also she says "we moved to Chantli". Which kinda isn't open to interpretation wide either.

12-Jan-2016 14:10:21

Hguoh

Hguoh

Baxtorian said :
Hguoh said :
Baxtorian said :
I wonder, why do people think the planet just changed its name? It is the simplest explanation, but the way they speak... "we were on CHantli then we were on Mazcab". Does it sound like "we renamed the planet"?

Because when you question Acca Otot about it, he says:

Acca Otot: The spirit [Tuska] drank deeply of the heart of Chantli. As it did, it shed the Airut from its' skin.
Acca Otot: With each sip from the heart, the ancient spirits, protectors of Chantli, began to wither.
Acca Otot: When the spirit was done, all that remained was Mazcab, a ruin of what once was.

There is no room to misinterpret. Chantli and Mazcab are one and the same.

And also she says "we moved to Chantli". Which kinda isn't open to interpretation wide either.

The two don't conflict. Like how I can move from the USA to Canada and still be on the Earth.

12-Jan-2016 16:07:16

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Posts: 5,206 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^

Perhaps a better example would be to view Mazcab and Chantali as ages, like how gielinor has the fifth and sixth age. One could say we moved to the 6th age, so perhaps the goebies could say "we moved to Mazcab"

12-Jan-2016 17:28:55 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2016 17:39:11 by Cthris

Hguoh

Hguoh

Cthris said :
^

Perhaps a better example would be to view Mazcab and Chantali as ages, like how gielinor has the fifth and sixth age. One could say we moved to the 6th age, so perhaps the goebies could say "we moved to Mazcab"

Exactly, it could be the equivalent of Obi wan claiming Vadar killed Luke's father despite them literally being the same person.

12-Jan-2016 18:01:53

Velia
Jan Member 2020

Velia

Posts: 2,836 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Baxtorian said :
But it's more like "we moved from Earth to (Earth's new name)"?
Man you're way to hung up on this, I mean it's pretty minor.

It may be a weird way of saying 'we changed our world's name (and possibly moved elsewhere on this world)', but think about the naming/re-naming of countries or any other location. When you re-name/name something, it stops being what it was before, becoming "new name" instead, all the while the land itself may remain unchanged for the most part.

Like if I bought an island called "Bob Island" and lived there, I would be living on Bob Island. But if I were to change the name to "Velia Island", I would stop living on Bob Island (as it no longer exists as "Bob Island" ) and instead would be on Velia Island, it's new name.

12-Jan-2016 18:02:25

The Mather1
May Member 2008

The Mather1

Posts: 1,172 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think Mazcab refers to the planet as a celestial body, whereas Chantli refers to it in spirit. By saying they moved from Chantli to Mazcab, they may be saying that the planet "died" beneath their feet.

"We were on Chantli, then we were on Mazcab." sounds like an emotionally loaded line. Like if before they knew it, nature was distorted beyond repair by the change in anima, and that the planet became a mere shell of its former existence with nothing they could have done to prevent it.
Paraphrased it would be "Our planet died, and we were stuck drifting on its corpse."
"Abscondita est in Astra."

12-Jan-2016 19:03:23 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2016 19:12:33 by The Mather1

Quick find code: 341-342-675-65729493 Back to Top