Forums

The Defence of Saradomin Thread is locked

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310

Falcoshin

Falcoshin

Posts: 2,054 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Given the knowledge we now have that Eir was a follower of Guthix and we are the world guardian, she's probably just as much an agent of fate as Saradomin was for resurrecting Sir Owen for effectively the same reason. Are you prepared to call Saradomin an agent of fate as well?

03-Mar-2014 12:24:37

Balustan

Balustan

Posts: 19,291 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Falcoshin said :
Given the knowledge we now have that Eir was a follower of Guthix and we are the world guardian, she's probably just as much an agent of fate as Saradomin was for resurrecting Sir Owen for effectively the same reason. Are you prepared to call Saradomin an agent of fate as well?

I would say everybody is technically an agent of fate. Gods possibly more so than others since this is at least the 2nd instance of a god resurrecting somebody. Zanik being resurrected was Bandos' power combined with the tears.

Also Eir is a death as well as a follower of Guthix and was subject to the rules of being a death before being Guthixian.

Edit: Those that deal with life and death maybe more so than others too. So deaths in particular. I hate calling them deaths is such a stupid name. Gielinor's is called Death so clearly they need another name.

Edit2: I'd also say that most like Saradomin have no idea they are doing so because of fate but the deaths are aware of their being specific times for people to die so are more aware.
Lewis
|
Quester
|
Scottish

03-Mar-2014 12:28:04 - Last edited on 03-Mar-2014 12:34:32 by Balustan

Edcy

Edcy

Posts: 1,105 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mortal defending an immortal? What on earth had happened since i last had teabreak on it then. Is it just outter cast you pull into this sleeve to play around wif em haters or is it a matter beyond your shelves. Quality for these shelves i dare not examine, but i do say alas poor not be with this sort of chunking, nope. This is far from dispute. Begone without it. WITHOUT IT!
fool

13-Apr-2014 23:49:29

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Posts: 5,941 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Solanumtinkr said :
Looks like the retconned that crazy post BoL Priest into a far more sane Preacher :P
I saw that sneaky bump, welcome back. ^_^

Lol ty, I won't be participating much any more but I sure hope you guys find plenty of topics to discuss among yourselves, as there is a lot of content.

Around 770 posts now which is great, full of debate so well done :D

28-Apr-2014 09:32:00 - Last edited on 28-Apr-2014 09:59:00 by Nerevarine x

5p1ders

5p1ders

Posts: 4,669 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :
Solanumtinkr said :
Looks like the retconned that crazy post BoL Priest into a far more sane Preacher :P
I saw that sneaky bump, welcome back. ^_^

Lol ty, I won't be participating much any more but I sure hope you guys find plenty of topics to discuss among yourselves, as there is a lot of content.

Around 770 posts now which is great, full of debate so well done :D

What do you think of Zaros now?

28-Apr-2014 11:51:55

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Falcoshin said :
I can only imagine he still thinks Zaros is pure, undiluted evil.

...Somehow.

I swore I would never post in this thread again, but the prospect of Zilyarine actually changing his mind has me intrigued enough to abandon that notion.
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

29-Apr-2014 07:46:06

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I get the feeling there is a big difference between the followers and the gods. Even if a god wanted to stop certain things, it would have to be done as 'lead by example' as anything else could lead to unwanted actions. Do not take this wrong, but the gods themselves can goof up and commit atrocities as well.

In Saradomin's case he has anger management issues, which his followers can follow a hardliner campaign and point to examples of why it is allowed. The same could be said for Zamorak and some of his more extreme wannbe followers. By the time either of them find out what is being done in their name, the only thing that can be done is damage control. And until recently neither had direct access to their followers on Gielinor. That makes it hard to punish or change the path of either side, without seeming indecisive or leading to undesirable confusion and doubt in the ranks.

Zemouregal seems to have written the rules of chaos, though Zamorak did no correcting and went along with it. It might be interesting to see if the other gods had, or have, anything similar going on.

None of this condemns or lets any of them off of the hook, but is just the current state of affairs. The proof is in the pudding though, as future actions and path corrections will tell the story of who has learnt what.
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

29-Apr-2014 16:19:58

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310 Back to Top