Forums

The Defence of Saradomin Thread is locked

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Posts: 5,941 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
3. (continued) It's a fair bit different from the Zamorakian idea of chaos and persevering through challenges however.

The greater good idea is about Saradomin and his generals making questionable sacrifices in their aim for an orderly and peaceful world.

The key part of this is, it's Saradomin who takes on that burden. He's prepared to tarnish his soul and reputation, so his followers will never need to. Because let's be honest, when you want a realm of order you must make difficult choices to get there.

Do ten people die so 990 are saved in the future? These sorts of questions have interested people for awhile now. Which is the greater evil? Saving 990 people by killing 10, or refusing to kill 10 so 990 die.

I believe the greater good notion is centred around those sort of events (not necessarily the example I used, but you get the picture.)

I know I went off on a tangent about Saradomin there, sorry. :)

Now, as for Zamorakian followers.

I talked to some in-game awhile ago and they seem ok. However, particular individuals on the forum ruined it for their fellow Zamorakians by persistently being arrogant and rude, even after I got to know (briefly) some of them in-game.

As such I returned this rudeness to them and it has continued to escalate from there.

Well, I think I'm done.

19-Dec-2013 04:11:32 - Last edited on 19-Dec-2013 04:25:57 by Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Zanna said :
Nerevarine x said :
Zanna said :
Nerevarine x said :
Lego Miester said :
Zanna said :

She's not all bad. Her updated dialogue in TWW if you side with her is nice.

Let the Zilyana X Saradomin X Nerevarine love triangle tsundere fanfics commence!

Typical that, when faced with strong evidence and a thread which is unlike any other on this entire forum (very complex) you resort to pathetic attempts at demeaning people just because you can't get your own way.

You have also highlighted your childishness.

Wait what? Are you kidding me? Thread unlike any other in forum? Very complex? ...I know your a saradominist but you have already gone above and beyond the level of arrogance necessary to follow him...

I mean really, this thread wasn't the first thread here defending a god... this one just gets bumped a lot by you and idiots like me who fall for your flame baiting. Even if you where only implying that this thread was the most complex one here....you ever causally glanced at the scale theory threads?
>****;

It's 40 posts long? It's the only thread which addresses every major piece of lore regarding Saradomin in one area, made by one author.

I actually think it's ground-breaking and an incredibly complex thread.

*face palm*

Give me the link to a 40 post long lore thread by the same author please?

I think it's the first of its kind, I am only face palming at you.

19-Dec-2013 04:11:40 - Last edited on 19-Dec-2013 04:12:23 by Nerevarine x

Zanna

Zanna

Posts: 1,548 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@nev

I'm not digging up the more complicated scale theory thread, theoretical physics applied to runescape is impressive but it was ever my cup of tea.

Ground breaking imply that it covers a completely new concept taking the lore in a new direction. Faction basing (or propaganda as the case may be with this thread) has been around longer then this forum. Quality over quantity and all that jaz, though I admit, I may of enjoyed this thread a lot more had it not been indirectly responsible for a flood of similar (though thankfully shorter) threads burring any non god related topic on this thread. I would also enjoy this thread a lot more (and maybe even be persuaded by it) If you did not speak down to everyone who disagrees with you on here. It just leads to a cycle of childish aggression that spirals out of control. Created the aforementioned threads that only exist to make fun of you. I apologize for being so rude to you without really getting to know you but there is more then the one way this thread outlines to interpret the lore.

Oh and actually on topic of this thread for once, I think your theory about Saradomin having a better reason then just his impulsive nature for removing Garlandia's wings is plausible. And he might think/of thought it was a just punishment to keep others from rebelling but I'm not sure I agree.

I'll ask him about it if I get the chance. But if he does say that removing her wings was a mistake like his attack on Guthix's home world could you see why a god not weighed down by such emotions might appeal to some of us?

Zaros is evil thread might be interesting after fate of the gods come out... you should give it a less flaimbaity name before then though...

19-Dec-2013 04:43:51

Icriulis

Icriulis

Posts: 3,059 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why is the inapp anime thing being brought up? It has no power here. It had power on a thread that has now been choked to death by it's shackles. This is a LORE thread for LORE-based evidence and facts on defending a character named Saradomin. We should apply by that topic and leave it at that.

19-Dec-2013 04:48:33

Cybernet377
Aug Member 2008

Cybernet377

Posts: 2,725 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :
It's ground breaking simply because there hasn't been a 40 post long thread filled with lore and explanations, focusing on Saradomin EVER in this section.

So it is something new ;)

There hasn't exactly been a 40 post long intro thread filled with lore and explanations about any of the other factions.

Why? It's not because you're superior at making threads, it's because no one cares that much about a fictional deity. If I, or anyone else in the forum, cared enough to put enough words to dent a Nanowrimo to defend my faction against any perceived slight, then I would. But I don't, and considering that barring an occasional flame or two, this thread and others like it are continuously being pushed off the first page until it's bumped, neither does the rest of the forum.

Now, can everyone stop flaming this thread and let it rest in peace?

19-Dec-2013 04:56:11 - Last edited on 19-Dec-2013 04:57:19 by Cybernet377

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Cybernet377 said :
Nerevarine x said :
It's ground breaking simply because there hasn't been a 40 post long thread filled with lore and explanations, focusing on Saradomin EVER in this section.

There hasn't exactly been a 40 post long intro thread filled with lore and explanations about any of the other factions.

Why? It's not because you're superior at making threads, it's because no one cares that much about a fictional deity. If I, or anyone else in the forum, cared enough to put enough words to dent a Nanowrimo to defend my faction against any perceived slight, then I would. But I don't, and considering that barring an occasional flame or two, this thread and others like it are continuously being pushed off the first page until it's bumped, neither does the rest of the forum.

Now, can everyone stop flaming this thread and let it rest in peace?

Actually no, not many people are capable of producing a high quality thread with a lot of lore and explanation. It's difficult to do properly. I would definitely say i'm superior at making threads (and that's not being arrogant, just an observation). I put a lot more thought and effort into them than anyone I've ever seen on this lore section.

This is the lore forum, so if you're not interested in fictional deities and the lore of the game why are you here? It seems you aren't interested in lore very much, since you try and belittle threads which discuss this in-depth.

If you don't have any snide remarks to make and want to discuss the lore here feel free to keep commenting, otherwise I'm going to ignore you :)

19-Dec-2013 05:20:57 - Last edited on 19-Dec-2013 06:17:05 by Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Zanna said :
@nev

I'm not digging up the more complicated scale theory thread, theoretical physics applied to runescape is impressive but it was ever my cup of tea.

Theoretical physics applied to runescape...from individuals on an MMORPG forum?

Yeah, I wouldn't even both reading it.

19-Dec-2013 06:20:50

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Zanna said :
@nev

I apologize for being so rude to you without really getting to know you but there is more then the one way this thread outlines to interpret the lore.

If you're referring to your contribution on the thread which tried to insult me using anime characters, I didn't even read it, Icriulis told me about it briefly afterwards.

I ignore a lot of threads.

Not very surprised but it's not annoying at all, I expect childishness on this forum.

I'm aware there's more than one way to interpret the lore, what you and many other people are failing to grasp is, my thread - Zaros is Evil - is why *I* believe he's evil and the evidence I present for that.

That's all the thread is about, collecting lore which demonstrates his malevolent nature, with *my* explanations.

Same goes for the Defence of Saradomin.

However , some things just aren't debateable, they're not about interpretation - they're straight out fact from the lore, because it is staring you blatantly in the face. It's the people who deny this stuff, then cry out about my threads who are in the wrong.

I make no apology for saying their viewpoint is incorrect in those cases.

19-Dec-2013 06:28:43

Anenemus

Anenemus

Posts: 2,328 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :

This is why the anime thing was aimed at you.

19-Dec-2013 07:20:09

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310 Back to Top