Forums

Why do you follow your God?

Quick find code: 341-342-581-65657568

Roland Lyons
Mar Member 2014

Roland Lyons

Posts: 3,475 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello again everyone. It's been a long time

I would like to in a sense, renew my vows to Saradomin as his mighty warrior as I return to Gielinor. I know that only he can provide the order and stability that the world needs in this tumultuous time and era that we find ourselves in, the Sixth Age. This does not however mean I will see him as the only god worthy of this planet. I will not mind the presence of Armadyl, Seren, or the Desert Pantheon and certainly the Fremennik followers of the late V are no issue. They are all needed in some way, especially Armadyl and Seren by their people, but for those of us who are not of elven or aviansie blood, we need a leader, a guide, a visionary. One who has seen the countless rise and falls of civilizations, knows the patterns, and how to break that cycle and usher in a utopia. That is Saradomin. Many are put off by his seeming arrogance, but you would be arrogant too if you had the depth of knowledge that he does! I have also incorporated many teachings of V into my personal philosophy though I do not agree 100% with him. I want to be a hero of the common man and a protector of Gielinor.

The foul dogs of Zamorak, the barbarous beasts of Bandos, the Godless heathens, the dark shadows of the manipulative lord Zaros, the abominations of Xau-Tak, and the insane Dragonkin servants of the vile Elders. Let each fall by my holy blade, may Saradomin bless my struggle and may I carry his eternal glory on the whispering winds across the vast mountains and seas of Gielinor. May that glory live forevermore in the hearts of all mortals and gods, man, dwarf, icyene, centaur, and siren alike. For he is the glorious lion which will bring us into a new age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrvMgSaxS3s

Hail Saradomin!
I will protect Gielinor. Zaros has no love for its people.

-Saradomin, Polemarchos Autokrator

22-Jan-2021 08:23:37 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2021 08:57:16 by Roland Lyons

Alktenalfh

Alktenalfh

Posts: 341 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I follow Zamorak because he's the best thing for Gielinor.
The Gods are the worst thing that ever happened to the universe. Gielinor's darkest age, the God Wars, was because of them. And Gielinor isn't the first planet to suffer their wrath. Take a look a Naragun.
Zamorak wants a world without gods. To quote Zamorak directly, "The Stone is but a tool; a necessity if I am to liberate this world from the other gods." Zamorak equates a world of chaos with freedom. "Conflict would be inevitable, of course, but the people of the world would be free. Free to fall and grow, to fail and rebuild." When explaining why Saradomin hates him so much, he says, "He cannot stand that my message is as powerful as his. That freedom can be just as powerful as his mindless dogma."
Every action he has taken has been towards the end goal of making the people free from tyrannical reign. He overthrew the tyrannical Chtonian demons. He overthrew the tyrannical empire of Zaros. He opposed the tyrannical rule of Saradomin. He was the only god who lifted a finger against Sliske, the greatest villain of the 6th age, when he tried to take the Stone out of his insane, dangerous hands.
Zamorak equates chaos with freedom. Chaos is the opposing force to order. In other words, the opposing force to hierarchy. The opposing force to domination and tyranny. In a word, Zamorak is an anarchist.
Zamorak is the patron god of all revolutionaries. He is the patron god of people who see the flaws in the system. He is patron god of those who want change instead of tyranny and submission.
"Peace" and "order" are lies perpetuated by the gods to keep mortals crushed underneath their feet. In other words, Zamorak is the patron god of the Godless. This should be especially meaningful to the people of Gielinor because the Godless is the most popular faction, at least if the battle against Tuska proves anything. Zamorak's beliefs line perfectly with the Godless, the only difference between the two factions

23-Feb-2021 20:40:31

Alktenalfh

Alktenalfh

Posts: 341 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
is that Zamorak has the power to oppose the gods, because he is a god himself.
I follow Zamorak because he is honest . Some Gods shroud their intentions or their personalities in a cloak of mystery or a cloak of hypocritical dogma about light and righteousness. Zamorak is nothing more than what he is. He could call himself the god of "freedom" instead of the god of "chaos." He could drop the red, black, fiery, infernal asthetic. But he doesn't do these things because he doesn't care what others think about him. He has nothing to hide.
I follow Zamorak because he accepts all. Werewolves, demons, vampyres, Mahjarrat. These are intelligent, thinking, feeling creatures, even if you don't like them. Is there room for them in the "paradisiacal" worlds envisioned by Saradomin, Armadyl, or Seren?
I follow Zamorak because I am a revolutionary. I am opposed to colonialism, imperialism, and facism. I am opposed to racism and sexism and classism and all the -isms that the hierarchy uses to crush the innocent underneath their feet.
I worship Zamorak because society is sick . Society is messed up, and it does everything it can to maintain the status quo. Society resists change with every fiber of its being.
But Zamorak can change it.
Zamorak is the Usurper. The Killer of Tyrants. The Breaker of Governments.
Strength through Chaos.
ALL HAIL ZAMORAK!!!

23-Feb-2021 20:43:36 - Last edited on 23-Feb-2021 20:56:50 by Alktenalfh

Quick find code: 341-342-581-65657568 Back to Top