Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
Sepulchre said :
Maiden China said :
Sepulchre said :
Do you really think you can save them, ZamorakZaros? You can't. There is an impatient hell that knows your name. And this is Xau-Tak.
I can just imagine Sliske thinking 'what horrible parent would give their kid a name like bubblegirlxo or zezima133?' At least it's distinctive and he doesn't have to wonder if you're the Peter or Susan the prophecy random crazy people spoke of
I know the Player Moderator with the character name 'Sliske.' I can't help but wonder if his book has different dialogue.

"Who is this Sliske?" said Sliske. xD
"What kind of terrible travesty of parent would call their own flesh and blood Sliske?" said Sliske.
Then Sliske rages at him

Hey Sliske! Why are you hitting yourself?! Why are you hitting yourself?! Why are you hitting yourself?!
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

19-Aug-2016 05:48:56

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
I know the Player Moderator with the character name 'Sliske.' I can't help but wonder if his book has different dialogue.

"Who is this Sliske?" said Sliske. xD
"What kind of terrible travesty of parent would call their own flesh and blood Sliske?" said Sliske.[/quote]A friend of mine has a father named Elmer and a grandfather who had alzheimer's... and when the friend's father goes to visit the grandfather, he doesn't remember him, so the father tells him "I'm Elmer, I'm your son' and the grandfather basically asks what sort of horrible person would name a kid elmer and then elmer says '... you did'

I am bad at telling this story, sorry, but I hope it makes sense

I'm imagining the player's name as Azzanadra and Sliske's just giving him massive side-eye for a few millenia :p
Carn

19-Aug-2016 13:14:19

SonofZeruiah
Jun Member 2016

SonofZeruiah

Posts: 110 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My character aligns with Armadyl. He does so because Armadyl's philosophy is closest to my own. I know he is pretty descisive in the lore part of the forum, but I can get behind old bird beak better then any other faction.

04-Sep-2016 07:31:37

Lord Bhaal

Lord Bhaal

Posts: 5,825 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Zamorak the liberator.
Zamoraks ideology is the right one, only through chaos do people really advance, those who do not are left in the dust.
Zamorak is personal growth, he is progress.

First he liberated everyone from Zaros, the tyrant, only to immediately start liberating the avernics from their cthonian opressors.

Also, he is the exact opposite from Saradomin, who embodies everything what is wrong even in the real world.
Strength through Chaos!
Zamorak's most loyal assassin.

04-Sep-2016 22:56:41

Vampman 14
Sep Member 2020

Vampman 14

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Time for some thread necromancy!

1. Seren.
I'm pre-World Wakes so I try to stick to playing in the 5th Age as much as possible but it's pretty difficult (can't exactly ignore the rocky remains of Bandos, the Tribute to Guthix outside Falador or the constant references to the Battle of Lumbridge).

2. I honour Seren because IRL I believe nature is sacred and her strong association with it is neat. Seren's pacifism makes sense to me because I think everyone 'fighting to make the world a better place' is pretty counter-intuitive as it's the fighting that has left Gielinor in this state (as we know from the last God Wars). The fighting will only stop when everyone decides to stop trying to force everyone to see/do things their way.

3. Having returned from a decade-long hiatus from the game several years back; I am loyal to Guthix because that's who I preferred out of the three gods known before I stopped. I currently support Seren because she's most like Guthix.

4. Having spoiled many 6th Age events for myself, after learning of the threat of the Elder Gods (after Fate of the Gods), I will probably support Zaros since he seems like the only god to even acknowledge the threat - and plans to do something about it, apparently. Seren's stance of non-involvement works with the God Wars but the Great Revision isn't something we can just sit back and let happen. It sounds as if Zaros isn't really interested in revenge or reclaiming his old empire either (only time will tell), which means he will be free to focus on the fight that matters.

I'd support The Godless but the gods aren't going anywhere and mortals have no way to make them. Might as well accept that and change what can be changed.
If I wasn't a Serenist I'd worship Elidinis because, like Seren, she offers her followers a sanctuary from the chaos. I hope we get more quests about her in future.

12-Nov-2020 20:25:06 - Last edited on 12-Nov-2020 20:25:45 by Vampman 14

xBlue Rosesx
Oct Member 2023

xBlue Rosesx

Posts: 282 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It used to be that all my clan members were Zarosians so I followed Zaros too. Now, I'll admit his spells and curses are the best, purple's a nice color.

What do I like about Zaros aside from the superficial though? His backstory, he's quite literally not like the other gods, he was created a god, he wasn't born mortal. (I know, Seren exists, she's not as interesting). I also like how he used to rule over the greatest empire, then it fell now it's no more (just look at Forinthy, it's the Wilderness now). Makes him a little tragic, like a how the mighty have fallen moment. Personality wise, I like how hyper rational he is (unlike his polar opposite sister) and how he just takes control. <3

(Last one sounds so weird, if Zaros was real, I wouldn't want to follow him at all given his controlling not to mention shady operating in the shadows nature, but somehow I'm drawn to the controlling part of him? O_o )
The rose of Runescape <3

Twitch: xxxbluerosesxxx

16-Nov-2020 07:06:15

Enade
Apr Member 2011

Enade

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I followed Guthix because I believe in his Philosophy of Balance. All things must live in Harmony for if there is no Light, there is no Dark; no Good, No Evil; no Right, no Wrong. It is these opposites operating in tandem that give life direction.

Since the death of Guthix I have followed Armadyl, though to be honest I loved Armadyl even while I was following Guthix. He is no longer the Naive Young God from the God Wars, he has grown both in his beliefs and in strength. He still believes that the Gods and Mortals can live together, but this time he is willing to fight those who would impede such a world. A lesson Bandos learned the hard way.

I know that in the Belief of how Gods and Mortals should interact Guthix and Armadyl are polar opposites, however, I think that Guthix overdid it and disrupted the Balance in a way when he cast all the Gods out the way he did. Granted I understand WHY he did. I think there is a balance to be struck, and I feel the Armadyl is the one who is on the best path for it. There are Gods that can live in Harmony with Mortals (Seren, Armadyl, Marimbo, and Brassica Prime to name a few) and there are others who cannot (Zamorak, Saradomin, Bandos, and Tuska and others).

You might ask why I put Saradomin in the category of unable to live in Harmony with mortals. Look no farther than Garlandia, the Icyene who's wings he ripped off simply because she wouldn't go to war for him. There is also what happened on Naragun and the way he treated the Naragi (Guthix's people) because they wouldn't bend the knee and worship him. And there is the way he treats other nonthreatening gods like Brassica Prime and Marimbo. He fails to see that some prices do not need to be paid, some wars do not need to be fought, and not all who disagree with you are your enemy.

14-Dec-2020 12:14:42 - Last edited on 14-Dec-2020 12:16:57 by Enade

Quick find code: 341-342-581-65657568 Back to Top